You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Our Divison next year how do ya think will do?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
obxboarderphil

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Our Divison next year how do ya think will do? Reply with quote

Hey I am just wondering about next year

I mean patriots are losing givens and we might get him =D which would rock and alot of their players are gettin older. So i think we have a great chance this year plus Nick Saben is the man haha.

Think we can get to the playoffs next year and get out of this slump?
Deets

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No question we are a playoff contender. We have the defense, coaching and the playmakers on offense. We are not a super bowl contender because we have a big question mark on the game's most important position (AGAIN Twisted Evil )

With the Patriots losing Mangini to the jets, the jets getting Mangini (He is not ready to be a HC) they are both hurt for coaching. The patriots defense is not what it used to be, and yes losing givens will hurt them. Also Dillon is slowing down so they will be weak at RB and WR. Still their extremely good QB and DL play will make them our toughest foe.

The Jets should be weak next year. The Jets have a poor OL, a RB who has gotten slow, crappy WRs and a QB who is so injury prone he is useless. Their defense is average. So don't expect them to be much of a problem.

The Bills might be tougher next year. They have a good defense, but some offensive problems. Lee Evens was scary in the second Buffalo game last year and Moulds is still a pretty good wideout. At RB, McGahee is still quite good despite a bad year. At QB Losman and Holcomb could be effective. Watch out for them if they get an Oline together.

FF Member #67
TigertownWR#80

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel that this is way to early to discus this without fa signing and realeases and draft of course, that make like 15 players for dolphins so I will come with a com,ment on this later but feel free to discous you guys.

Help my English grade by pointing out my grammar and spelling mistakes.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree. I do not think the Dolphins are a playoff contender next year. The Patriots will win the division because they have the best team. The Dolphins will probably finish third behind the Buffalo Bills next season. Why do I say this? Well our defense is not as good as some of you speculate. Teams tend to run the ball against the Phins and our DB's are young. Don't get me wrong the D is ok, but mediocre at best. Those things coupled with the fact that there will be an entire new offensive system put in, with the depature of Linnehan, means for tough times. Guys I realize the Phins won there last 6 games, but that was against bad opposition (patriots, Titans, Jets, Chargers(great win), Buffalo, Oakland). I mean c'mon guys lets try to remain level headed about this. Not to mention we have no QB. So I think the Phins will be a 6-10 next year. It pains me to say it because I have been a Phins fan since birth but until we get a foundation at QB we will continue to be mediocre.
Deets

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
I disagree. I do not think the Dolphins are a playoff contender next year. The Patriots will win the division because they have the best team. The Dolphins will probably finish third behind the Buffalo Bills next season. Why do I say this? Well our defense is not as good as some of you speculate. Teams tend to run the ball against the Phins and our DB's are young. Don't get me wrong the D is ok, but mediocre at best. Those things coupled with the fact that there will be an entire new offensive system put in, with the depature of Linnehan, means for tough times. Guys I realize the Phins won there last 6 games, but that was against bad opposition (patriots, Titans, Jets, Chargers(great win), Buffalo, Oakland). I mean c'mon guys lets try to remain level headed about this. Not to mention we have no QB. So I think the Phins will be a 6-10 next year. It pains me to say it because I have been a Phins fan since birth but until we get a foundation at QB we will continue to be mediocre.

Ridiculous, there is no way Buffalo will be better then us. We have a better Oline, better RBs, better TE and WR. They have as bad a QB situation as we do. Our defenses are about equal. NE is on the decline, we will fight them for the div next year.

FF Member #67
BrettWolfe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover, if your a true Dolphin fan, how can u say where mediocre??? being 9-7 isnt mediocre. We will finish 1st or at least 2nd. Buffalo wont be bad, but not good either. Jets are the jets and NE might be strong, but we can handle them.

Dolphins Fan
obxboarderphil

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

look yes our defense isn't top notch so what. Patriots are good so what. its a rival that makes fighting for the win so much more. yes they are on a decline and no the bills won't surpass us. I think we will have a good year we prob will go to the playoffs but lose our first game. look i think saben can bring this team and get a qb its gonna be awsome next year. So what if 6 games were against kinda bad teams. it doesn't matter it just proved to the team they have what it takes to be that good
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettWolfe wrote:
ovaw8lover, if your a true Dolphin fan, how can u say where mediocre??? being 9-7 isnt mediocre. We will finish 1st or at least 2nd. Buffalo wont be bad, but not good either. Jets are the jets and NE might be strong, but we can handle them.

Me labeling the Phins as mediocre has nothing to do with me being a fan. Look, I call it like I see them. The Dolphins had three good wins this year, Panthers, Broncos and Chargers, that's it. But I can tell you they had some bad losses to the Bills and Jets as well. But that is neither here or there. They are a fortunate 9-7 team and I just see how this roller coaster ride is going to end up. Next year when the Phins are 6-10 everyone will say the Phins have regressed. The D has been leaking oil for two years now. If the Phins but the same cast of characters on the field next year it will only get worse.
phinsforlife

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they will not be 6-10 they will esasily be a contender. I feel they have a good shot at teh afc east title.
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
I disagree. I do not think the Dolphins are a playoff contender next year.

First of all, It is WAY too early to say that the Dolphins aren't a playoff contender. [e.g. 2005 Chicago Bears]. I think that the only teams who can't be considered as playoff contenders as of right now are the: Texans, 49ers, Raiders, Saints, and possibly the Lions could be put in that category. Those teams have a long road ahead and 4/5 of them have new head coaches. The 49ers just have a lot of developing to do. The Dolphins are definately playoff contenders for next year right now.
FF Member #1000
FinMan

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dolphins are Superbowl Contenders until the minute they are mathematically elimated from the playoffs... period... This goes for every year too. I understand those who say, yea, we'll be okay and have a decent chance at making the playoffs, but I must say... suck it up and be a real Fins Fan. I know we have problems at certain positions and we don't have the greatest team a salary cap can buy, but I have faith in my team, and I'm thinking like a fan rather than an anaylst. If you have doubts, which i'm not saying I don't have, keep it to yourself. Your a Fins fan, guarentee victory, and flaunt what Saban gives you!

With all seriousness, I understand what everyone is saying, but in this case and predicting, lets just say I never bet against my FINS!!!

FINS IN O6.. watch out!
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dafinman wrote:
The Dolphins are Superbowl Contenders until the minute they are mathematically elimated from the playoffs... period... This goes for every year too. I understand those who say, yea, we'll be okay and have a decent chance at making the playoffs, but I must say... suck it up and be a real Fins Fan. I know we have problems at certain positions and we don't have the greatest team a salary cap can buy, but I have faith in my team, and I'm thinking like a fan rather than an anaylst. If you have doubts, which i'm not saying I don't have, keep it to yourself. Your a Fins fan, guarentee victory, and flaunt what Saban gives you!

With all seriousness, I understand what everyone is saying, but in this case and predicting, lets just say I never bet against my FINS!!!

FINS IN O6.. watch out!

Real Phins fans? Is being a real Phins booing the Head Coach when he does worse then he did last year? The Dolphins remind me a lot of the 04 Buffalo Bills when they fell just short of making the playoffs. In 05 they were suppose to be contenders as well and because they did not have any stability at the QB position, they fell straight on their face. The Phins have far too many holes to be considered a contender next year: OL, QB, DL, LB's, DB's. Did anyone see the Phins inability to stop the run this year? Keith Traylor is going to be 67 years old this upcoming season if he is resigned and Zach Thomas is too small to play the 3-4 defense. I haven't even addressed the penalty riddled secondary that will field new starters next year.

THis upcoming season is not our year guys. We will probably take our lumps with a new QB this year and be a contender in 07. Just my opinion.
FinMan

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relax dude I was just messing around... NOTE: after I said all that, I said... WITH ALL SERIOUSNESS...

I understand what you're saying, but your already speculating that no matter what happens this offseason we're not contenders... ITS NOT TRUE... I will be able to understand your comments closer to next year. We should be optimists no matter what dude!
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
The Phins have far too many holes to be considered a contender next year: OL, QB, DL, LB's, DB's. Did anyone see the Phins inability to stop the run this year? Keith Traylor is going to be 67 years old this upcoming season if he is resigned and Zach Thomas is too small to play the 3-4 defense. I haven't even addressed the penalty riddled secondary that will field new starters next year.

You know what? You are absolutely right.
Without a veteran QB, we won't make it to the playoffs... unlike the Chicago Bears with Kyle Orton, who was a 5th round draft pick and unlike the Pittsburgh Steelers last season with Roethlisberger, the Dolphins can't pull that off.
Zach Thomas is WAY too small to play in Nick Saban's Defense. Didn't he even get hurt for a game or two... I mean, come on.. he missed those games and came a measley 2nd, behind Jonathan Vilma (who must suck) in total tackles in the NFL AND he came way back in 3rd under the solo tackles category. He can't get off a block to save his life!!! When are we going to get rid of him and get some bigger LBs? I mean just look at the stats how many LBs that are under 6'2" were ranked in the top 10 of tackles? [Besides Zach Thomas (#2), Gary Brackett, (#10), London Fletcher (#3), Jonathan Vilma (#1), Mike Peterson (#Cool, Shelton Quarles (#9), and Andra Davis (#5)]? NONE.
And, no, you are correct, real Dolphins fans who are proud of their team don't boo their coach after he did worse. Even if Nick Saban has sent this franchise into a downward spiral to the bottom on the National Football League, a true fan won't boo him for what he did last year. It is time to get our heads out of the clouds, throw all of that nasty optimism out the window, and accept the harsh reality that the Dolphins could be the worst team in the National Football League next year.
FF Member #1000
pigfuggah

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, how bout them Dolphins? Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: