Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official South Carolina Gamecocks Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tikitiger

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: The Official South Carolina Gamecocks Thread Reply with quote

Hm, I haven't seen many Gamecock avatars or signatures on this website, but I am sure there are some closet Cock fans out there.

Anyways, I'm an incoming freshman. I like Carolina's chances to take the SEC East this year. This half of the conference is probably the weakest it's been in years and the Cocks haven't really lost anyone aside from Eric Norwood. Go Gamecocks!
#4 South Carolina Gamecocks 11-2
We didn't make the BCS?

Last edited by tikitiger on Tue May 25, 2010 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
MrOneWayRoad

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:39 am    Post subject: Re: The Official South Carolina Gamecocks Thread Reply with quote

tikitiger wrote:
Hm, I haven't seen many Gamecock avatars or signatures on this website, but I am sure there are some closet Cock fans out there.
Anyways, I'm an incoming freshman this year. I like Carolina's chances to take the SEC East this year. This half of the conference is probably the weakest it's been in years and the Cocks haven't really lost anyone aside from Eric Norwood. Go Gamecocks!

LOL!!! probably not the best choice of words. Just kidding man.
I'm not a gamecock fan but i heard some crickets coming from this thread so i figured i might as well drop by.

Actually, you and I probably won't see eye to eye on much, you root for the jags and gamecocks. I root for the titans and vols lol.
tikitiger

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: The Official South Carolina Gamecocks Thread Reply with quote

MrOneWayRoad wrote:
tikitiger wrote:
Anyways, I'm an incoming freshman this year. I like Carolina's chances to take the SEC East this year. This half of the conference is probably the weakest it's been in years and the Cocks haven't really lost anyone aside from Eric Norwood. Go Gamecocks!

LOL!!! probably not the best choice of words. Just kidding man.
I'm not a gamecock fan but i heard some crickets coming from this thread so i figured i might as well drop by.

Actually, you and I probably won't see eye to eye on much, you root for the jags and gamecocks. I root for the titans and vols lol.

Ha I only meant it that way because I haven't seen a logo/username related to the Gamecocks. Yeah, there were definitely a few crickets chirping, thanks for the post dude.
We didn't make the BCS?
disaacs

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To generate interest in your topic, you need to post something interesting. Creating a thread about a team just to create it isn't going to create much interest. Start a discussion, post something about the team, about why you think they'll win the SEC East. Personally, as long as the SEC keeps Florida and Georgia in the East, South Carolina doesn't stand a chance. But, since you're attending there, prove it for us that are skeptical.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
cmj2086

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scar never has and never will be a college football powerhouse. They ruined one college football legend's legacy and are doing the same to another. Sorry.
Texasmade

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmj2086 wrote:
Scar never has and never will be a college football powerhouse.

Which is shocking given the amount of HS talent in SC. It's no Texas, Florida or California, but it's on par with Georiga as far as states in the Southeast.
cmj2086

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's because Clemson takes a lot of the talent and a lot of players go out of state too to schools in GA, FL, and NC. Clemson has an actual campus as opposed to SC which is just located in downtown Columbia.
RavensWin520

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texasmade wrote:
cmj2086 wrote:
Scar never has and never will be a college football powerhouse.

Which is shocking given the amount of HS talent in SC. It's no Texas, Florida or California, but it's on par with Georiga as far as states in the Southeast.
Louisiana and Georgia have far more talent and Alabama probably has more as well. South Carolina produces a few great players, but there isn't much depth.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmj2086 wrote:
It's because Clemson takes a lot of the talent and a lot of players go out of state too to schools in GA, FL, and NC. Clemson has an actual campus as opposed to SC which is just located in downtown Columbia.

South Carolina's campus is beautiful, the buildings are historic and there are multiple state-of-the-art facilities. Just look at the fitness center and the advocacy building

Also, their team is talented, they always have been. So it's not that they cannot get good recruits, they just underachieve. But I think since the SEC East is weak this year, Carolina has a good chance to take it as long as Garcia stops turning it over and the defense continues to be solid.
We didn't make the BCS?
texans_uk

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: The Official South Carolina Gamecocks Thread Reply with quote

tikitiger wrote:

Anyways, I'm an incoming freshman. I like Carolina's chances to take the SEC East this year. This half of the conference is probably the weakest it's been in years and the Cocks haven't really lost anyone aside from Eric Norwood. Go Gamecocks!

HAHAHA!

I wish I had space in my sig to quote this

tikitiger

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: The Official South Carolina Gamecocks Thread Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
tikitiger wrote:

HAHAHA!

I wish I had space in my sig to quote this

Hahaha, wow didn't even notice that. Embarassed
We didn't make the BCS?
RavensWin520

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tikitiger wrote:
cmj2086 wrote:

South Carolina's campus is beautiful, the buildings are historic and there are multiple state-of-the-art facilities. Just look at the fitness center and the advocacy building

Also, their team is talented, they always have been. So it's not that they cannot get good recruits, they just underachieve. But I think since the SEC East is weak this year, Carolina has a good chance to take it as long as Garcia stops turning it over and the defense continues to be solid.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://theantiorangepage.com/pages/102

Quote:
This, then, is Carolina Gamecock football. Carolina, whose stadium perches in Columbia, the New Jersey of the South, and resembles a dead and decaying cockroach.
tikitiger

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensWin520 wrote:
tikitiger wrote:
cmj2086 wrote:

Alright well it's a matter of opinion. When I walk down Greene Street or through the horseshoe, I see a beautiful campus. And cmj2086, I am guessing you're a Clemson fan or Georgia fan?
You got that quote from a Uga website
We didn't make the BCS?
cmj2086

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Clemson graduate, but I've grown up around Columbia most of my life. Clemson actually has a campus as opposed to Carolina. In some places that's okay, like Savannah, but there is nothing special at all about downtown Columbia.

Sure, that might sound biased, but this is coming from someone who wasn't born in the South and has no relatives with ties to either school. I actually grew up going to Carolina games on occasion and had no ties with Clemson until I decided to check it out before going there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 1 of 50

Jump to: