Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2 Gameday Thread: Rams at Buccaneers
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tim199009

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:15 am    Post subject: Week 2 Gameday Thread: Rams at Buccaneers Reply with quote

After a dreadful performance against the Minnesota Vikings in Week 1 can the St Louis Rams bounce back with a convincing win on the road and prove their week 1 performance was a fluke?

Keys to getting back on track:
Running Game
Will Zac Stacy be able to regain late season form of last year? Or will this be Benny Cunningham's time to step up and steal the spotlight? Will one of the young Trey's step up and become the change of pace back we are looking for?

Run Blocking and Pass Protection:
Will the offensive line pull it together and be the road graders they were thought to be in the off season. Will Davin Joseph continue to start at Right Guard? Or will Greg Robinson claim a starting position at Left Guard, and return Rodger Saffold to the right side. Will the interior pass protection improve from the debacle that occured in the trenches last week?

Quarterback Play
Will Shaun Hill get the start this week? He is listed as day to day on the Injury report. Or will Austin Davis have to lead this team to victory this week? Are we doomed for another season of atrocious QB play that rivaled the pre Bradford era?

Weapons need to explode
Can Brian Quick continue to gain attention and respect from his peers after an impressive week 1 performance following an equally impressive off-season? Will Tavon Austin finally breakout? Will Chris Givens come out of the witness protection program? And has anybody seen Kenny Britt?

Defense
Not much to be worried about here. Although they had their share of the blame in the lost last week it was a result of being on the field to much. Tackling will become much better no doubt, but will Hayes and Westbrook step up in replacement of Long? Will the defense force more turnovers? Will Ej Gaines and Jenkins be tested against the size of the Buccaneers receivers?

Injury report:
Trumaine Johnson, Barret Jones, Shaun Hill and Lamarcus Joyner all did not practive on Thursday.

Let us Discuss
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Buccaneers are vulnerable up the seam. I swear if we don't use Cook or Austin(if you're going to force him into the slot, at least use it when you have an advantage) to attack the seam this week...I'm going to be frustrated with Schottenheimer.

The real question is...if he starts...can Davis get the ball there? I don't expect a lot from Davis.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really looking forward to watching the Buccaneers young defense. I'd kill to have some of those young defenders.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
The Buccaneers are vulnerable up the seam. I swear if we don't use Cook or Austin(if you're going to force him into the slot, at least use it when you have an advantage) to attack the seam this week...I'm going to be frustrated with Schottenheimer.

The real question is...if he starts...can Davis get the ball there? I don't expect a lot from Davis.

I would like to give shotty the benefit of the doubt for one more game. He's had 3 years with this offense and 2 years with most of the personnel to get it right. I would like to think the Minnesota game was a result of a bit of rust coming out of the offseason. But if I'm wrong after this game im calling for his head.

l3lind golfer wrote:
Really looking forward to watching the Buccaneers young defense. I'd kill to have some of those young defenders.

I agree the Buccaneers have alot of young talented defenders. But i wouldn't trade any of our young defenders for a single one of theirs. Mccoy is head and heels better than Brockers and Donald at the moment, but id rather have both of them than just Mccoy. As for Lavonte David some may argue he is far ahead of Alec Ogletree at linebacker at this point but i still prefer Ogletree's raw athleticism and potential long term. The only place where i would give them the edge over our defense is the DBs. Especially the safeties Gholston, Barron > Mcdonald, Mcleod. But other than that i would take our front seven with Williams running the show all day.
jjab360

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to put Robinson at LG and Saffold at RG like we had originally intended. Joseph is a liability and Saffold is better at RG than at LG. Robinson was also pretty good in limited time last week, and I'm still not convinced there's an interior lineman in this league that can overpower or outquick him outside of J.J. Watt. The guy is just a massive wall in pass protection and a bulldozer in the run game. If he could work on picking up blitzes and stunts better, he'd be a pro bowler right now, imo.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
We need to put Robinson at LG and Saffold at RG like we had originally intended. Joseph is a liability and Saffold is better at RG than at LG. Robinson was also pretty good in limited time last week, and I'm still not convinced there's an interior lineman in this league that can overpower or outquick him outside of J.J. Watt. The guy is just a massive wall in pass protection and a bulldozer in the run game. If he could work on picking up blitzes and stunts better, he'd be a pro bowler right now, imo.

That's the issue...can Robinson figure out blitzes. But I agree, this is a week for him to play because Lovie Smith isn't a heavy blitzer or the type of guy that gives a lot of exotic looks.

KnightlyRam

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to the game. Don't think I have ever been less excited to go to a sporting event. Can't believe I am paying to watch an Austin Davis led offense. Hopefully we can establish some run game before they realize Davis can't throw and put 9 in the box.
jjab360

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KnightlyRam wrote:
Going to the game. Don't think I have ever been less excited to go to a sporting event. Can't believe I am paying to watch an Austin Davis led offense. Hopefully we can establish some run game before they realize Davis can't throw and put 9 in the box.

Hill hasn't been ruled out yet. And even if he is, Davis made some decent throws at the end of last week's game, I'm willing to give him a chance at least until Keenum is ready.

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim199009 wrote:
Mccoy is head and heels better than Brockers and Donald at the moment, but id rather have both of them than just Mccoy. As for Lavonte David some may argue he is far ahead of Alec Ogletree at linebacker at this point but i still prefer Ogletree's raw athleticism and potential long term. The only place where i would give them the edge over our defense is the DBs. Especially the safeties Gholston, Barron > Mcdonald, Mcleod. But other than that i would take our front seven with Williams running the show all day.
You're insane. You wouldn't trade Ogletree for Lavonte freaking David.... I also disagree about McCoy. McCoy is an elite DT, I'm sorry but I'm taking that over the potential of Brockers and Donald. Your statement about Ogletree and David is literally mind-blowing...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot see our offense putting up more than 1 TD on there own. Unless the defense or SP gives them a short field, I don't see us putting up enough on the board to win.

Bucs win by double digits.
SoS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 2 Gameday Thread: Rams at Buccaneers Reply with quote

tim199009 wrote:
Can Brian Quick continue to gain attention and respect from his peers after an impressive week 1 performance following an equally impressive off-season?

This is my question. There's no doubt Quick is turning into the real deal, but will he be able to do it against this Bucs defense with Austin Davis under center?
El ramster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Davis.. He's a guy who plays with reckless abandoning..

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a game we should be able to compete in. The penalties have got to stop though. If we give Tampa Bay as many extra opportunities as we gave Minnesota, the result will be similar.

Also, our defense needs to cause some turnovers.

We get to see Mike Evans, which is cool.

I'm predicting a very close game.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news for Austin Davis and our O-Line...

Both Michael Johnson and Adrian Clayborn are out for this game...

IDOG_det on the sig...
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim199009 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

I would like to give shotty the benefit of the doubt for one more game. He's had 3 years with this offense and 2 years with most of the personnel to get it right. I would like to think the Minnesota game was a result of a bit of rust coming out of the offseason. But if I'm wrong after this game im calling for his head.

l3lind golfer wrote:

I agree the Buccaneers have alot of young talented defenders. But i wouldn't trade any of our young defenders for a single one of theirs. Mccoy is head and heels better than Brockers and Donald at the moment, but id rather have both of them than just Mccoy. As for Lavonte David some may argue he is far ahead of Alec Ogletree at linebacker at this point but i still prefer Ogletree's raw athleticism and potential long term. The only place where i would give them the edge over our defense is the DBs. Especially the safeties Gholston, Barron > Mcdonald, Mcleod. But other than that i would take our front seven with Williams running the show all day.

Ogletree over David long term? Come on.

Rams should have picked David.

kgarrett12486 wrote:
Good news for Austin Davis and our O-Line...

Both Michael Johnson and Adrian Clayborn are out for this game...

That's definitely good news.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: