You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titan Defense
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitansKKH1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Titan Defense Reply with quote

How will the Tennesse Defense be next year?

Will they be any better than next year?

I REALLY HOPE SOO BECAUSE I CANNOT STAND ANOTHER SEASON LIKE THE LAST WHEN THE DEFENSE COULDNT STOP ANYONE HARDLY.
SHAVED_CHICKEN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uuummmm i THINK i know what that post ment....i think you were askin if our D will be better next year, your second question was will it be better than THIS year, and the last part made sense till the hardly.

any way.....yes....we will be better than this year because it would be hard to be worse.....but i really think that if we make a few changes (see below dont worry theyre practical) we could be a top ten defense once again.....

CHANGES
trade for- freeney, champ baily, brian urlacher- dont worry, this is not serious....this is my mind playing tricks with me

PRACTICAL CHANGES
1) pick up a least one linebacker in the first two rounds (either Hawk, Greenway, Howard, Hodge, Jackson, or Carpenter preferably one of the outside backers though because I think we can get a bargin at MLB later on (Schlegel) and Reynolds has started to look like he might not be horrible)
2) let Fuller play FS and move Thompson to SS where he should be
3) keep our DL the same as it was this year
4) and keep defenses off of Bulluck

Men die. Money gets spent. Glory is forever.
Titans Assistant GM FFMD07
PacAttack

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have got to remember, we were the youngest team last year. Next year, we will have another year of experience behind us. Even if we didn't make any changes, we would be better prepared. But with the changes that we'll face to improve our Defense, we will be more productive defensively.

They say that a Griffin is always in beast mode, I didn't realize what that meant until I heard the crack of bone and was eating turf for lunch.
coleman51

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read a few articles about Reese wanting to grab more talent for the LB core. It seems to be his highest priority next to signing KVB. Recently in NFL's truth and rumors (ESPN), there was a snip about Kassell being too slow and would be released. Sirmon has a chance at a roster spot, but it's not looking good. Most likely if we sign a FA/make a trade, it will be for a speedy linebacker. We'll definitely draft one as well.

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: “I’m mad at the fact they’ve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."

RIP Stylish313
PacAttack

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we all know that the LB core is a main concern of ours (besides resigning some current players). Kassell deserves to be realesed unless kept around for backup purposes. I would like to see Peter Sirmon given one more year to prove that he may still have something. I believe he'll be better next year with a full year of recovery behind his knee surgery. And if not, then we drop him and find a replacement.

What really has me confused is how Reese is going to approach the safety positions. Will he move Thompson over to SS and release Tank or will he resign Tank, release Thompson, and promote Fuller to FS. I would like to see them promote Fuller to FS and resign Tank (as long as his knee is looking good, his only knock IMO). Reese has some interesting choices to make. It will also be interesting to see if he goes with drafting a safety in day 1. I think it is more of a day 2 need myself, but who knows. Maybe there will be a "BPA" there at the safety position that he can't pass on. Only April will tell.

They say that a Griffin is always in beast mode, I didn't realize what that meant until I heard the crack of bone and was eating turf for lunch.
SHAVED_CHICKEN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like tank williams and i think who we keep depends on what we want our safeties to do.....tank is big and GREAT at stoping the run but is too slow to be great in coverage and on the other hand Thompson is GOOD in coverage and GOOD against the run......

as for safey on draft day......i think it depends who falls to us....for example if Jimmy Williams falls to us in the second round, were gonna take him (dont worry im not crazy.....im just using exageration as an example).......

but heres how i think its gonna go down on draft day position by position (no names)....(assuiming we get a third for someone)

1. QB
2. LB
3. OT
4. S
5. OT
5. RB
6. OT
7. LB
7. OG

thats sorta completely off my head but what the hell

PacAttack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHAVED_CHICKEN wrote:
i like tank williams and i think who we keep depends on what we want our safeties to do.....tank is big and GREAT at stoping the run but is too slow to be great in coverage and on the other hand Thompson is GOOD in coverage and GOOD against the run......

Tank may not be as slow as you think, chicken. I understand what you're saying, but that is only in one on one coverage. He has great straight line speed...http://www.titansonline.com/team/players/bio.php?PRKey=86. As it says he ran 4.45 in the 40 prior to being drafted. But he has had a knee injury since then, so that may have an effect on his speed (hopefully not). I llike the idea of keeping Tank around for a big "smash mouth" type hitter and putting in Vince Fuller in the FS position. Fuller is fast and quick.http://www.titansonline.com/team/players/bio.php?PRKey=259. Fuller ran a 4.43 in the 40 and a 3.88 in the shuttle run. He also had a 37 inch vertical leap. That's pretty impressive. I would like to see him used more for pass coverage and use Tank to roam the field and lay people out. I think if Tennessee plays their cards right in the offseason, they can have a very talented group of safeties.

ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My concern with Tank isn't his timed speed. Its his reaction speed. Coming out of college, he was full of potential with his size, speed, smarts combination. I think his lack of knowledge (or at least of recognition) in the passing game is his downfall and his big liability. He doesn't react fast enough to be an effective safety vs the pass and with his knee injury cutting his speed a bit, it showed more this year. It also left him out of position often this year, and that resulted in him getting run over for TDs a few times.
titans_5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lamont will be with the titans next year we wont release him we just resigned him to a 5 year deal at the start of this season
SHAVED_CHICKEN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My concern with Tank isn't his timed speed. Its his reaction speed

this is sorta what i meant by speed.....also the knee surgery probably slowed his 40 time alot (reletively alot)....but his lack of production in coverage could have been a result of alot of things (helpin the youngins, still recovering from the knee surgery, etc.).....but like i said....i like tank but i dont think hell be in a titans uniform next year....i think our two startin safetiess next year will be fuller (FS) and Thompson (SS).....and i think that can be a very talented group of safeties

PacAttack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with ya chicken. I see Thompson getting moved over and Fuller filling in for him. Mostly because unless Tank will probably want a bigger contract than what we are willing to give him. Fuller will step in and play FS no matter what happens. He is quicker and will be more effective in pass coverage than either Thompson or Williams. Realistically, yes Tank will be shown the door and Thompson will be our SS. But I just like Tank and believe that he'll fully recover from his knee surgery and that we've still haven't seen his full potential yet. However, I will be happy with whatever the front office decides to do because both Thompson and Williams will be good SS IMO.

TTitanFAN32

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

draft Jimmy Williams and it will end all of the nonsense that has been happening at our safety and cornerback spots................. if we get him then i think that we play him at corner along with Pacman and have Tank as the FS and Thompson at the SS and whenever the offense goes to a one wide out offense or even if you want to switch it up and move Hill there and let Williams play sorta a zone safety position and let him make plays on the field..

Wherever he is on the field its a win win situation
Invictus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LB I'd want at a great price-Cato June- Indianapolis Colts

FA Wide out I'd love for veteran leadership and productivity- Reggie Wayne-Indianapolis Colts.

Hmm two Colts....DOH!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Invictus wrote:
FA Wide out I'd love for veteran leadership and productivity- Reggie Wayne-Indianapolis Colts.

*looks up in the air*

Hey look, a pig.
PacAttack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTitanFAN32 wrote:
draft Jimmy Williams and it will end all of the nonsense that has been happening at our safety and cornerback spots................. if we get him then i think that we play him at corner along with Pacman and have Tank as the FS and Thompson at the SS and whenever the offense goes to a one wide out offense or even if you want to switch it up and move Hill there and let Williams play sorta a zone safety position and let him make plays on the field..

Wherever he is on the field its a win win situation

Are you sure you even know what you're talking about, Tank at FS? He is not fit for the position. He lacks the quickness it takes to defend the pass effectively. He is more of a smash mouth big hitter and fits well in the SS.

And drafting Jimmy WIlliams is not likely either. We will not trade out of the #3 pick (especially if Vince is there), and he isn't worth taking at #3. Jimmy Williams is a playmaker but, I think that if we were going to trade down, I would like to see us go further down than where Jimmy would still be available and pick up Micheal Huff. We would get the same versatility (being able to play both CB and S) and get better picks. But these scenarios will not happen cause come April, we'll be seeing Vince Young in a Titans uniform.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: