Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2010 Packers Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What grade would you give TT?
A
32%
 32%  [ 43 ]
B
51%
 51%  [ 68 ]
C
11%
 11%  [ 15 ]
D
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
F
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 133

I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:

2nd Round (56): Mike Neal, DE, Purdue
Yes this does look like a huge reach, and my most reports it is, but Ted Thompson has always looked towards need in the second round, go back and look at the history. Someone posted in another thread that our defensive line was taking a lot more snaps than other teams, comparing them to the Cowboys defensive line in particular. When our defensive line gets worn down, it renders our pass rush ineffective and thus one of the reasons for our downfall in the playoffs. Mike Neal might be a bit raw as a five technique, but TT wouldn't have drafted him if he didn't think that the coaches could mold him into an eventual starter.
Grade: B-

You mean me? In this very thread? Like 5 posts above yours?

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
cooters22

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gave it a B, probably could have given it a B+ but that wasn't a choice. Great value in 5th rounds and later. The reason I gave it a B instead of an A was because I thought we needed to come out of this draft with a corner. I was hoping to get one in the first four rounds and as deep as this draft was in corners TT needed to make this happen and he didn't. Wasn't real pleased that TT traded away our 4th round pick, but was ecstatic on whom he did trade it away on. In a HOPE mock that I was in I had Burnett in the 2nd round and had my fingers crossed that we'd get him there. If you would have told me that we would be getting Bulaga and Burnett in the first two rounds I would have been totally excited. I didn't like the Neal pick at the time, but its growing on me and DL went way higher than expected in the whole draft. As the draft unfolded I didn't see a way we were going to get an olb but I would have traded away future picks for Kindle (1st) and Norwood (3rd). As deep as this draft was this is definately one draft I would have traded away future picks on it.
BrettFavre004

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
CWood21 wrote:

Yes this does look like a huge reach, and my most reports it is, but Ted Thompson has always looked towards need in the second round, go back and look at the history. Someone posted in another thread that our defensive line was taking a lot more snaps than other teams, comparing them to the Cowboys defensive line in particular. When our defensive line gets worn down, it renders our pass rush ineffective and thus one of the reasons for our downfall in the playoffs. Mike Neal might be a bit raw as a five technique, but TT wouldn't have drafted him if he didn't think that the coaches could mold him into an eventual starter.

lolz

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=17
Pugger

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading this thread again a B is a pretty fair grade. I know some of you question the Neal pick but I remember grumblings on forums about Collins and Jennings and those guys turned out pretty well. He ain't perfect but I guess in Teddy we trust! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

know it is way early, but TT has a GREAT DRAFT

1. Bulaga-Looking solid at LT
2. Neal-All the potential in the world for a solid/Good 3-4 end
3. Burnett-early, but looking like an absolute steeal.

5. Quarless-recieving raves from the coaches about his blocking... not to mention his speed and recieving ability which will prove in time to be another mismatch for defenses to worry about.
5. Newhouse-has the skills to be a power guard
6.Starks-a steal in the 6th, has the skills to be good
7. CJ Wilson-projected as 3-4th round. Good player, and fit as 3-4 end.

**Shields CB
**Quinn Porter RB... may make roster, but more likely practice squad

Outstanding draft. Filled numerous holes, and got numerous steals. I know, wait 3 years and then grade as 'draft experts' say. But you can see the talent that we got. It's way early, but this looks like an excellent draft.
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burnett and Starks were steals. Neal is still a head scratcher for me. Bulaga was the obvious pick. B for me

Deadpulse on the sig
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
Burnett and Starks were steals. Neal is still a head scratcher for me. Bulaga was the obvious pick. B for me

What? Why?
Kal-El

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettFavre004 wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
CWood21 wrote:

lolz

rofflers

Pro-Johnny Footbawl.
Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering those first two picks, I'd give it at least a B. Neal and Bulaga moving forward is huge for this team.

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selkiesxx wrote:
Considering those first two picks, I'd give it at least a B. Neal and Bulaga moving forward is huge for this team.

Id throw Burnett in there and make it the first three picks.

Sig brought to you by Justo
MDill10

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now 3/4 way through the season it looks like TT added real quality in this draft, especially late. Its a shame that Burnett and Neal are on IR but they are not alone lol. CJ Wilson looks like he has huge potential and really stepped up when we only had 3 DL able to play (who would have thought that we wouldn't have enough DL at the start of the year!) and starks showed a glimmer last week. Quarless has stepped up when needed with J-Mike going on IR.

Overall I give this an A so far

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epic Draft

Bulaga - Good pick - He is playing solid ball. For a 21 year old, early entrant coming off a thyroid condition where he lost 20 lbs, I'd say he's playing above expectation as a rookie. He's a sure bet to be a reliable RT with a year of training and a good bet to be a reliable LT.

Neal - I'm going to say excellent pick - He showed flashes of greatness when he was on the field. I think he's going to be a disruptive player for many years to come.

Burnett - Very good pick - He showed his experience level a few times, but he didn't look like a fish out of water either. Next year is going to be big for him.

Quarless - Excellent pick - You never expect much out of a 5th round pick in his rookie year, but Quarless has shown flashes. Finley excels at the jump balls and red zone stuff. Quarless hasn't really shown that knack yet, but Quarless seems to have elite long speed. I could see the Packers trying to stretch the middle of the field this week. Let's see if Urlacher can run with Quarless. I doubt he can.

Newhouse - Developmental pick. We'll see.

Starks - Good pick - Looked like he belonged. Will take a little more time to get a good read on him

Wilson - Excellent pick - Productive from day 1. He'll only get better too.

sig courtesy of BrettFavre004. THANKS!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: