Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2010 Packers Draft
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What grade would you give TT?
A
32%
 32%  [ 43 ]
B
51%
 51%  [ 68 ]
C
11%
 11%  [ 15 ]
D
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
F
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 133

RashaanSalaami

Global Moderator
Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: The 2010 Packers Draft Reply with quote

1st Round (23): Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa
2nd Round (56): Mike Neal, DE, Purdue
Trade: 3rd (86) & 4th (122) for 3rd (71)
3rd Round (71): Morgan Burnett, S, Georgia Tech
5th Round (156): Andrew Quarless, TE, Penn State
5th Round (169): Marshall Newhouse, OG, TCU
6th Round (193): James Starks, RB, Buffalo
7th Round (230): C.J. Wilson, DE, East Carolina

Last edited by RashaanSalaami on Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Packers89

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm giving it an A, we added quality offensive and defensive line depth while adding some steals at TE and HB.
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could sticky my own posts when I think they're important.

A.
pGunner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe in grading the draft this early. I get it, it's fun, but I just don't believe in it.

Bulaga was an awesome pick and just about made my draft. Neal was very under-the-radar so that pick was a surprise but I figured there was a lot more to it than "need" and whatnot. Sounds like he was a diamond-in-the-rough who had a higher grade than outsiders would think.

Loved the Burnett pick. TT can deny it all he wants, but he clearly jumped Chicago to make it.

Quarless is a bit of a project so I think we'll see Lee for another year. But that said, I bet he'll walk next year as a UFA with this guy on board. Again, this guy is a 2nd J-Mike. Those two will be hell to defend together. Really impressed me with a couple great catches in the Shrine game.

With Newhouse, our OL is STACKED. Need I say more?

Starks was an interesting pick. Sounds like a ST body and 3DRB. Bet he won't see the field much at all though.

Wilson pick makes me think, maybe Dom is going for a certain look at 5-tech from what we have. TT said pass-rush would be priority, I guess it was more in the DL than the OLBs.

All in all, I'm satisfied with how it turned out. Can't wait 'til training camp.
Bucktuck

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truly, it's a B+ in my book; but I'll still vote A. Cool

Love Bulaga; pretty sure palmy said he was the best fit for the Packers in this entire draft. Lucky to get him at 23, ecstatic to have him as our LT of the future.

Like Neal; love the numbers Waldo put forward, shows he is a freak athlete; I've always liked Neal but never considered him with our 2nd round pick. Regardless, I think he has big potential at d-end.

Love Burnett; always fun when we trade up, jumping the Bears only added to that; he's got great ball hawking ability and is a big hitter. Pair him up with Nick Collins and watch them dominate in the near future.

Like Quarless; very high end talent but will need to focus on football to fulfull his potential; I'm confident he can get there and prove to be a good value pick. Love a Finley - Quarless - Havner TE group.

Love Newhouse; nasty guard, good value; should be a very good backup and may even get a shot to start at LG.

Love Starks; the more I read up on him, the more I like him; good burst, agility and seems like a great talent that could have gone much higher than the sixth round if he hadn't injured his shoulder. Plus, Starks is a cool last name. Cool

Like CJ Wilson; good value pick. Interested to see what he can do.

Global Moderator
Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:

A.

I wish I could ban posters when I thought they weren't important.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give it a "B" the Neal pick is the one that I don't like. We get a fine player, Im not doubting that, but with what was on the board in terms of DB and OLB help, it just wasn't the right pick. Thank goodness Al Harris works his tail off because TT just put a lot of pressure on him with this draft. My favorite part of the draft is that the OL should finally be set, that makes me very happy.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:

A.

You won't.

Who gave it an F?
Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i gave it a B. thats trying to look at it objectively. I felt it was less than an A because i would have liked to see some more depth at OLB. I'm totally comfortable with Matthews and Jones, and i like Obi to be our #3, but we don't have much depth that i would trust after that.

As per pick:

Bulaga: A+
Neal: B-
Burnett: A+
Quarless: C
Newhouse: B+
Starks: B
Wilson: A-

RashaanSalaami

Global Moderator
Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
RashaanSalaami wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:

A.

You won't.

Who gave it an F?

Either a Vikings fan of a HARRELL!?!?!?!?! fan. Laughing
wisportsfan4

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave it a B. Although I don't believe in giving grades right away, I think they addressed some key areas (specifically O and D-Line depth). I also think Corless has a chance to be another Finley, which, just think how dangerous that could be.

Not addressing linebacking and corner depth is a bit concerning, but TT said that he has confidence so I'll trust him.

The key is going to be staying healthy, but obviously there are no guarantees. Personally I hope TT goes out on the free agent/trade market and adds one OLB and CB. Then I'll rest ALOT easier.

Still a good weekend overall. Nice job FO.
HawaiiFan808

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bulaga - A+ (great value great player)

Neal - B- (not really a huge fan of this pick but I can see why it was made...would have liked to trade down or draft someone else but who knows, I could be very wrong)

Burnett - A (I like this pick)

Quarless - C+ (I like him as a player but I think there were better players available)

Newhouse - B (seems to have a pretty good upside and our line looks very promising)

Starks - A (Seems like he could be very very good for a 6th rounder...especially if all the comments about him are true, I hope he makes the team and pans out)

Wilson - B+ (good value, 7th rounders usually don't matter too much but he has a shot to make the team)

Overall B...I don't really like it as much as last years but we improved our lines a lot. Still hope we can improve our running game, cornerbacks and linebackers. I don't hate it but I don't especially love it.

Last edited by HawaiiFan808 on Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
msmre

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel pretty good about the draft. I didn't foresee the Neal pick, but that doesn't mean much. I liked a few guys better at a few spots, but I really can't complain about the positions. I think that getting a pass rusher might be needed, but I liken the need for a CB to last year at LT. We could have developed one, but didn't need one. We will next year. Samsies with a pass rusher.

We'll go in order.

Bryan Bulaga

Lots of talk about him in the top 5, but equal talk about him not being LT ready. The best part about him is that, even at 23, if he only ends up being a great RT or LG, he has good value at 23. He seems excited to be a Packer and the Packers seem thrilled that he is theirs.

Included in mock #12, 14, 15

Mike Neal

I was shocked to see him picked here. With a few other guys on the board that looked to be more highly ranked guys, Neal stands out as a guy that the Packers have a hunch on. That being said, the draft was not rich in 5 technique guys and Neal fits that bill. I would have been happier with a guy like Cody, but the Packers will never have the conditioning problems with Neal who appears to be an athletic stud who can stack and shed. I just don't see much flash from him.

Included in mock #6

Morgan Burnett

I liked the Mike Neal pick a ton more after this pick. I loved Burnett enough to pick in the first, so getting him in the 3rd is awesome. I think that Bigby better have his big boy hat on because he'll have to bring it to beat out Burnett.

Included in mock #1

Andrew Quarless

This guy is a 1st round TE with the maturity of a 1st grade boy. He is incredibly dangerous in the passing game, but is equally dangerous in the locker room. On the flipside, the locker room is stable and reigned in Finley, with whom Quarless shares much. He'll either displace Lee or get cut.

Not included in mock

Marshall Newhouse

My big sleeper o-line pick was actually picked. He is awesome on the second level and really gets the zone scheme. Look for him to stick on the left side and move in to guard. I am a big believer in this guy starting in year 2.

Included in mock #24, 25, 27, and 28

James Starks

Starks is a tall RB who was a stud as a JR but out as a SR. Durability is an issue, but he is a versatile RB who can catch, run, and throw. I am really interested in how he looks at minicamp because my take is that he was a stud who could not play in 2009.

Included in mock #2

CJ Wilson

A great player, but where is he going to play? The Packers must think that Jolly is getting suspended, because why else would you pick another DE? Not that you look for need in round 7, but you might look at capacity. Wilson is another athletic big.

Not included in mock

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my 'liking it' standpoint - this draft is an absolute ace and gets a hugh A from me. We got a top ten LT in my mind at 23, probably my 2nd favorite safety in the 3rd and a DE in the 7th I liked in the mids.

Plus we got a TE and RB, both positions I wanted to address in this draft with two guys who are very athletic and slipped for various reasons and could really hit it if things work out.

Absolutely love this draft. My favorite one so far.
pGunner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
I give it a "B" the Neal pick is the one that I don't like. We get a fine player, Im not doubting that, but with what was on the board in terms of DB and OLB help, it just wasn't the right pick. Thank goodness Al Harris works his tail off because TT just put a lot of pressure on him with this draft. My favorite part of the draft is that the OL should finally be set, that makes me very happy.

I just think that you need to look at the big picture with picks like that. If Neal can become the stud 5-tech that it sounds like he has the upside of being, it does kinda make life easier for the OLBs and with the improved pass-rush, it helps your secondary too.

Just saying.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: