You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chris Gamble=Beast
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NateDawg

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Chris Gamble=Beast Reply with quote

Just lettin' ya'll know that you have a great young corner on your team, Chris Gamble...from THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY. 2 Int's, over 100 INT yards, and a pick-6. I'm sure you Panther fans were happy when the Packers were dumb enough to pass up on Gamble for Ahmad Carroll. Anyhow, you have a potential superstar cornerback on your team, and he's only 23 years of age.
FearTheJulius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh...I think we know... Cool . Yeah...Gamble is young, and well on his way to being the man, he's struggled a bit this season, but I think a bit of that was due to injury. He's young and definitely on his way up.

6-7, 283, 332 Tackles, 70.5 Sacks, 5 INTs, 35 PDs, 26 FFs, 8 Blocked FGs, 2 TDs, FearTheJulius
ShakeNbake2128

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He will be a future Top Corner in the NFL and I think he will be better than D Hall in a few years.

Charger-man thanks for the sweet sig and Scar for the avatar.
bds16

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Gamble is young and still learning. And he has one of the best D-Lines amd one of the best CB on the others side.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brownsfan868031 wrote:
He will be a future Top Corner in the NFL and I think he will be better than D Hall in a few years.

If they both reach their full potential, then Hall will be lightyears above him..D. Hall is one of the most gifted corners athletically in the league with him breaking the record in agility at the combine and his speed which ranges from 4.1 to 4.3...in their later years, gamble will move to safety while Hall will still be a shutdown corner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViKingsOWNpackers wrote:
Brownsfan868031 wrote:

If they both reach their full potential, then Hall will be lightyears above him..D. Hall is one of the most gifted corners athletically in the league with him breaking the record in agility at the combine and his speed which ranges from 4.1 to 4.3...in their later years, gamble will move to safety while Hall will still be a shutdown corner

Why do you say Gamble will move to Safety?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bds16 wrote:
ViKingsOWNpackers wrote:
Brownsfan868031 wrote:

Why do you say Gamble will move to Safety?

AS good as he was in college and is playing right now, he doesn't have world class corner speed, he ran in the 4.5 range nothing below, if he's left in an island when he's older against "Derrick Williams"(when he gets in the NFL) then its over..or any other speedy Wide receiver..he'll become a liability and it'll be better for him to take his cover skills to free safety. i'm not saying to do it now, but in the future.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Chris Gamble's pathetic 4.5 speed hasn't hurt him so far in his career. His game speed is much better than his 40 time. I've never bought into the speed arguement. Just watch the guy on the field and tell me he's not fast enough. He's fast enough to be on his way to his first pro bowl this year.
ShakeNbake2128

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NateDawg wrote:
Well, Chris Gamble's pathetic 4.5 speed hasn't hurt him so far in his career. His game speed is much better than his 40 time. I've never bought into the speed arguement. Just watch the guy on the field and tell me he's not fast enough. He's fast enough to be on his way to his first pro bowl this year.

Deserved to go last year too. Had more picks than Robinson and alot of big plays but everyone wanted to say how great Robinson was going to be what is the deal?

ViKingsOWNpackers

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShakeNbake2128 wrote:
NateDawg wrote:

Deserved to go last year too. Had more picks than Robinson and alot of big plays but everyone wanted to say how great Robinson was going to be what is the deal?

easily answered...Gamble is near his full potential, while Dunta Robinson and D. Hall aren't close to theirs...they have Champ Bailey/ poor man's Prime Time potential, while Gamble will steadily produce

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViKingsOWNpackers wrote:
ShakeNbake2128 wrote:
NateDawg wrote:

easily answered...Gamble is near his full potential, while Dunta Robinson and D. Hall aren't close to theirs...they have Champ Bailey/ poor man's Prime Time potential, while Gamble will steadily produce

Very interesting since Gamble was considered raw when he came into the NFL.
ShakeNbake2128

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gamble is no where near his potential, just because a guy goes later in the first doesn't mean he doesn't have the same if not more potential. The only think Dunta Robinson had that got him drafted so high was blazing speed. Gamble can flat out play football and will have a better career than Robinson. D Hall does have alot of potential but the question for his is will he put it all together, Chris Gamble will.

FearTheJulius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Gamble played mainly wideout at OSU, and when he was drafted he'd only played corner for a year and a half...Gamble still has loads of potential he has yet to touch, he's so raw, and he's already a good corner.

6-7, 283, 332 Tackles, 70.5 Sacks, 5 INTs, 35 PDs, 26 FFs, 8 Blocked FGs, 2 TDs, FearTheJulius
ViKingsOWNpackers

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the basis for my whole argument is that Gamble would not be better than DeAngelo Hall in a few years as someone else tried to point out earlier, i actually know my stuff, look back two years ago when Ohio state played Michigan, Braylon Edwards OWNED him, he'll be good, but he's not the next anything special

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViKingsOWNpackers wrote:
the basis for my whole argument is that Gamble would not be better than DeAngelo Hall in a few years as someone else tried to point out earlier, i actually know my stuff, look back two years ago when Ohio state played Michigan, Braylon Edwards OWNED him, he'll be good, but he's not the next anything special

Chris Gamble played a year and a half of cornerback in his life before he came to the NFL. In his first season, he had 6 Int's. His understanding of the game in his early stages is amazing. In comparison to Deangelo Hall, he is right there in athletic ability, actually he's more athletic but not as fast. I don't know what you are basing your opinions on.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: