You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams position changes!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magscivic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Rams position changes! Reply with quote

In an article in STLToday.com there was an article about moving Pisa Tinaisamoa to SS and moving Adam Archuleta to FS. I know Pisa is fast for a LB but is he fast enough to be a SS? He hits hard enough. Martz said in the article that this change would give Pisa a chance to be involved in everything and to step up and be a playmaker even more than he is. He also said that SS is a key run support postition. What is everybody's thoughts on this change? Also do you think this tips Martz's hand in the upcoming FA signing period? Getting a FA LB such as Ed Hartwell or Kendrell Bell!! or trading up for one in the draft? What is everybody's thoughts?

Last edited by magscivic on Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
aheineken

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The part I have trouble believing is Archuleta at FS? He can't cover worth a crap, we'd get whooped in the passing game. They might as well put 5 linebackers out there because that is essentially what Archuleta and Tinoisamoa are.

If this happens, they definitely need to pick up Hartwell or Bell in FA then get a good OLB in the draft.
magscivic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am being hypothetical now, but lets say the Rams did do this (the whole moving of FS and SS) and we traded Pace to whoever (Cleveland maybe) to get their #3 overall and we picked up Antrel Rolle, then at #19 we picked up Jammall Brown (OT) from OU. This way we have Butler, and Rolle as the two corners (not bad, but definitely better than before) and Brown replacing Pace on OL. Could we get by with Rolle and Butler as CBs with Archuleta and Pisa as safteys?
MIkeMartZisMyIDLE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe but can we get by wiht a sub par line? i dont think so. losing 2 of the best tackles in there positions (turley and pace) would just kill us.

unrealistic and not good
aheineken

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magscivic wrote:
I am being hypothetical now, but lets say the Rams did do this (the whole moving of FS and SS) and we traded Pace to whoever (Cleveland maybe) to get their #3 overall and we picked up Antrel Rolle, then at #19 we picked up Jammall Brown (OT) from OU. This way we have Butler, and Rolle as the two corners (not bad, but definitely better than before) and Brown replacing Pace on OL. Could we get by with Rolle and Butler as CBs with Archuleta and Pisa as safteys?

I don't like that idea at all. We'd be giving up the best left tackle in the game for a CB, in a draft that is filled with good CBs, and another tackle who's health is questionable and has little experience at LT.

With Pisa's shoulder problems this season due to him being an undersized backer having to take on lead blocks, I think it is a good idea to move him to SS. He is one of the most athletic guys on the team with a playing weight of about 220, which is great for a SS.

If this happens, we have to go for LBs in FA and the draft, because we'd basically be taking our best LB off the line of scrimmage. Kendrell Bell or Ed Hartwell would be a must in FA. Thomas can move to WLB, and then trade up with the later of the 3rds to get Daryl Blackstock early in the 2nd to play SLB. We also should resign Antwan Edwards or Aeneas (if he's not too expensive), or look at Brodney Pool, Donte Nicholson, or even Brandon Browner in the draft because Archuleta can't cover worth a [inappropriate/removed], and we'd need someone to swap out with him on passing downs.

With that said, they're looking to restructure Bruce's and Faulk's contracts to free up cap space, so this scenario is possible.
Big Clark

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIkeMartZisMyIDLE is a moran everyone. Pace isnt goin anywhere with the tag even if we try to trade him cuz no1 will give up 2 first roudners for him
MIkeMartZisMyIDLE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow matt clark just shut u pfor 2 minutes. u just agreed wiht me
magscivic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Clark makes a great point...this has happened before and I also doubt that Pace is going anywhere. This little saga will end with Pace holding out in training camp and signing either right before the season starts or a few weeks into the season. It would be nice to get him signed early though.
MIkeMartZisMyIDLE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what i think has to happen is if aneas comes bcak we need him for cheap price

pace signs

release turley

bruce and faulk rework contracts

and draft either o line or linebackers but linebackers should be addressed like this or our mock should be like this

o line
linebacker
linebacker
that guy dont remember his name c/g (hes best center available)
FASTEST guy in draft left for cover purposes
and rest maybe line or best available id suggest line because we need youth to our line everyone is above 30 years of age on our line except saipai
DomDavis37

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO here is how you get it done.

Resign - Pace, Polley
FA sign - Hartwell or Bell
Restructure - Bruce, Faulk
Release - Turley, Lewis

Trade our 5th and Archuletta for a top 2nd, maybe Cleveland
Trade our 3rd and 2nd to move up in the 2nd.

1st - Jamal Brown
2nd - David Baas/Elton Brown (I have seen him fall)
2nd - Daryl Blackstock
3rd - Ben Wilkerson
4th - FS (Darnel Bing, James Butler)
6th - BPA
7th - BPA

We would have one of the best and youngest OLs in the game

Pace
Baas/Brown
Wilkerson
Saipaia
Brown

Our LB would be good.

Polley
Hartwell/Bell
Blackstock

We would still need some help at CB, but I really don't think our CBs are horrible. Last year was a new system and it takes about a year to adjust.
MIkeMartZisMyIDLE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

somewhat agreee

WE MUST SIGN HARTWEEL

underrated may get him decently cheap

ALSO NEW TURF
Big Clark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i would love to see us get hartwell and crowder if he slips into 2nd due to injury concerns because wen hes healthy hes a tackling machine

OLB - Pisa
MLB - Crowder
OLB - Hartwell

Notes

OLB - Polley gets overpaid to go elsewhere

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: