Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top 5 QBs w/Best Mechanics(Right Now)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patsfan25

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:34 am    Post subject: Top 5 QBs w/Best Mechanics(Right Now) Reply with quote

This is in order, #1 being the best:

1. Tom Brady-Without a doubt the most mechanically sound QB today and perhaps ever. You will hardly ever see Tom Brady throw a ball without stepping up or leaning into it. If he isn't able to go into his throwing motion from pressure, he won't throw it. I've never seen Tom Brady throw off his back-foot unbalanced besides this past year after returning from the ACL and being out of football for a year. That was only expected due to trying to get back in form and being paranoid about the knee. Tom always positions himself to make the right throw under the right circumstances. His delivery is high as it should be and he has a great follow-through. I've never seen another QB have better mechanics than him in my 12 years watching football.

2. Drew Brees-At only 6 ft., which is considered really short for a QB, Brees uses great mechanics to make up for his lack of size, which translates him to being an elite QB today. What I really notice about him is that his release is really high and that makes him throw like he is 6'4"+ like the prototype NFL QB size. Without a doubt, he has the highest release of all NFL QBs today. He has a strong shoulder and great "swing" on the throw, which give him the great arching zip that his ball demonstrates. With his quick sure feet, I love how he almost literally runs to "step up" to throw the ball, which gives it great velocity and zip.

3. Mark Sanchez-Pay attention. This kid has solid mechanical form and you can tell he emphasizes big on it. I don't pay attention to college football, but last year, when I watched the scouting on him coming into the draft, I was struck right away by his mechanics, which is something major I look at when I analyze QBs. He's had the best mechanics I've seen from a QB coming out of college into the NFL in quite a long time. One thing I notice about him is that he always squares up and faces his targets before throwing to ensure good vision and accuracy. He knows how to step away from pressure and stay in form to make a good throw. With more experience, he will learn to rid of throwing off balance and "one legged" when pressure is upon him, as that is normal for any young QB adapting to the NFL. This guy is gonna turn into a solid QB.

4. Matt Ryan-A prototype pocket passer in today's NFL. Ryan reminds me a lot of Tom Brady. Puts great touch on his throws and knows how to control his velocity. He has a classic throwing motion and has a good arc on his release. Very good timing and keeps his eyes focused downfield when pressured, which is a big plus for a young QB in the league.

5. Brett Favre-A true gunslinger. Favre, having been a pitcher in baseball really helps his asset as an NFL QB. One of the most powerful arms to ever throw in NFL history. Favre has great velocity on his balls because he, similar to Brees, likes to run up and puts great arc on his throwing motion to increase velocity. He grips the ball hard, keeps his feet ready to make a throw in all situations and is always facing his target.

Kudos!

Last edited by patsfan25 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total
patsfan25

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: Top 5 QBs w/Best Mechanics(Right Now) Reply with quote

Smile
Bengals_09

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can Brett Favre be on the list....
buddy_z34

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Romo = fastest release ever. if that isn't "Mechanics" then what is.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buddy_z34 wrote:
Tony Romo = fastest release ever. if that isn't "Mechanics" then what is.

I contemplated putting Romo on the list, but this category is more for pocket passers. Romo has a very quick release, but him being in scramble most of the time kinda negates him being able to show his mechanics
patsfan25

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bengals_09 wrote:
How can Brett Favre be on the list....

I was thinking hard to find another one, but Favre is all I can come up with. Now that you chimed in, I think Carson Palmer should be on the list.
RodgePodge

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really sure how you're coming up with this list. Peyton? Rodgers? etc etc are missing
TomRalph

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Tom Brady and thought 'Hey, He is pretty good, and he is a true technician of his craft. Then I saw Brees. I thought, yeah, I guess thats fair....Peyton can wait until 3. Then I saw Mark Sanchez and was gobsmacked.

How is Peyton not on here!!!

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
Catches: 4
Welsh Patriot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
I saw Tom Brady and thought 'Hey, He is pretty good, and he is a true technician of his craft. Then I saw Brees. I thought, yeah, I guess thats fair....Peyton can wait until 3. Then I saw Mark Sanchez and was gobsmacked.

Thats what I was thinking. I'd swap Sanchez with Manning and Favre with Rogers or Rivers
Jags

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
I saw Tom Brady and thought 'Hey, He is pretty good, and he is a true technician of his craft. Then I saw Brees. I thought, yeah, I guess thats fair....Peyton can wait until 3. Then I saw Mark Sanchez and was Pimp-Slapped.

WTFITS!

DarthDavis wrote:
I tell you I respect the Jags forum nothing but classy posters. They got a good group over there.
HBKBretHart

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Brady is not the best and Peyton Manning should be on that list.

Sig Credit: Flaccomania
reissing87jets

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As should Romo.

I like the Sanchez choice, when he's on the run he's one of the best passers in the league.
Ice_Cold345

Location: Somewhere where the Pacers are good, which is the past
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, no Peyton Manning. There is no words for this.

Thanks to BlueQuickSilver for the sig.

Reality_Check wrote:
So...if the Cowboys are Americas's team, is Denver now God's team?
TD VinceYoung =

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.) Vince Young
2.) J-Rock ( i give the edge to vince young only because i think he has a little better footwork)
3.) Peyton Manning
4.) Josh Freeman
5.) and Tim Tebow when he comes into the league Laughing

but really how does manning NOT make your list?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD VinceYoung = wrote:
1.) Vince Young
2.) J-Rock ( i give the edge to vince young only because i think he has a little better footwork)
3.) Peyton Manning
4.) Josh Freeman
5.) and Tim Tebow when he comes into the league Laughing

but really how does manning NOT make your list?

What, side arming not considered great mechanics? JK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: