You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Chargers War Room (Now offering a 3 day special!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The-Beast

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
When hardwick came back from his injury, you could tell so much that the difference was there
What gave you that impression the 3.4YPC or the .16 sacks per game.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i won't pretend to be able to predict who we might pick (i don't think aj's shadow even knows what aj is thinking), but i will give my impressions on how the first two picks might go and a few other comments...

i don't think aj takes an RB with either pick. i think he will feel confident that he can get something later in the draft at that position.

i would say there is about a zero percent chance we take mt cody. just doesn't look like the type of guy we would ever go near.

6 guys that impress me...may or may not be picks of ours, but i would take any two of these and be very pleased...in no particular order:

maurkice pouncey
golden tate
jerry hughes
tyson alualu
sean weatherspoon
vladimir ducasse

if joe haden, earl thomas or cj spiller (the only round 1 RB IMO) ever slipped down to us, each is a no-brainer in my mind, but most likely all three are long gone by 28.
i don't think he's the right fit for us, but charles brown will be a very good pro.
i'd like to see us be the team to bring in myron rolle. not sure what his value is right now (what round?), but i think he ends up being a productive player no matter where he goes.

and one question...what happened to geno atkins? for a while i thought he looked like he would be a pretty good 3-4 DE prospect. maybe i'm just reading the wrong articles, but i haven't heard anything about him lately...could he be a nice pick in the 4th/5th area?
The-Beast

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lowe_51 wrote:
i would say there is about a zero percent chance we take mt cody. just doesn't look like the type of guy we would ever go near.
I disagree, I think a guy who hits every target weight he's been given doesn't have the questionable work ethic people make him out to have.

I think it's 50/50 between Cody and the field in the 1st personally.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a chance the Chargers take a center. Hardwick's longterm outlookisn't clear after this year. MCow was awesome last year, but he is on the last year of his deal and may look to go somewhere to start. However, last years 4th round pick Tyronne Green could be the new supersub for the interior of the line.

Interesting rumors -
Berry #4 to Washington
Matthews #14 to Seattle
CJ Spiller #15 to New York
Cowboys and Eagles looking to move up.
AntonioGates

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:

8. Raiders - Mike Iuputi, OG, Idaho (I'm not seeing reports of anything about the Raiders taking a shine to Matthews, Iuputi is another uber athlete they seem to love.)

I'm hearing that this is a very strong possibility. It would be a better pick than DHB, but would still be very shocking.

I wonder if he would play OG or OT for the Raiders.
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of reports that Odrick or Price will be the pick at 28. Not sure I like either idea. Also saw this...

Rotoworld wrote:
Sources tell SI.com's Tony Pauline that East Carolina DT Linval Joseph is very much on the Chargers' radar at No. 28 overall.
It's interesting to note that ex-NFL scout Daniel Jeremiah has Joseph going to San Diego in his latest mock draft. Pauline writes that Joseph will likely be the pick only if Ryan Mathews is off the board at No. 28, and the Bolts don't deem any corners worthy of the selection. Joseph, who goes 6'5" and 328 pounds, would likely play five-technique end in San Diego's 3-4.

A lot of media places are losing interest in Best or Matthews at 28.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I didn't write a scouting report of Price because I don't see him as a fit in the 3-4. I love Odrick, and believe I was one of the first to put Joseph in our pick 40. I'd be shocked if he was the pick at 28, but it wouldn't be more of a reach than Buster or Castillo.

Brian Price
+ Very disruptive, constanly in backfield
+ Great burst off line, can split the double team
+ Great hands and great technique
- Size is not prototypical 34
- Gets dinged up very often
- Concerns of weight

I watched a ton of Price in college. Even went to a few UCLA games this year. As I have said, can be a monster in the right system. I just don't think his talent fits the 34 mold.
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was Acee's take on Price.

KA wrote:
Price is referred to here as a defensive lineman rather than specifying tackle or end because he can play inside or outside and would fit in well with what the Chargers are doing on the line. Jamal Williams is gone. Stop thinking pure 3-4 with Ron Rivera as the defensive coordinator and line coach Don Johnson mixing up a rotation. Price could provide for many years the kind of disruptive force the Chargers need upfront. He explodes off the line, has no character issues and is super strong.

I saw somebody else saying it, but can't remember where it was. Maybe we are all wrong thinking we need the big monster in the middle?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonioGates wrote:
I love Odrick, and believe I was one of the first to put Joseph in our pick 40.
If we went DE at 28, and don't get an NT at 40. I would assume we'd be running a 43 in 11'.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I just realized I have been spelling Mathews wrong this entire time.
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonioGates wrote:

You mean you just realized he spells his name wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
This was Acee's take on Price.

KA wrote:
Price is referred to here as a defensive lineman rather than specifying tackle or end because he can play inside or outside and would fit in well with what the Chargers are doing on the line. Jamal Williams is gone. Stop thinking pure 3-4 with Ron Rivera as the defensive coordinator and line coach Don Johnson mixing up a rotation.

I saw somebody else saying it, but can't remember where it was. Maybe we are all wrong thinking we need the big monster in the middle?
No, were not wrong. A monster in the middle is required. Boone is 315+ and easily performed the best of anyone in the rotation, Nwagbou is 320. The person who was getting thrashed around like a rag doll Garay looked like he was listed.

Last edited by The-Beast on Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
AntonioGates

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
AntonioGates wrote:

Haha. Well I know I spell McNeill wrong half the time. But I always get Mruckzwoski and Nwagbuo right.
AntonioGates

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam Scheffter listed the Chargers as one of the teams that may look to trade up today.
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonioGates wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
AntonioGates wrote:

Haha. Well I know I spell McNeill wrong half the time. But I always get Mruckzwoski and Nwagbuo right.

I won't even bother trying to spell those guys name, unless I have a tab open to copy/paste from. OG works much better.

I make fun of the whole Matthews/Mathews thing because I have a friend who's last name is Mathews, and I make fun of her for spelling it wrong. She also has a common first name that's spelled a little different. I had to write her name out for a list, and she told me "that's not how you spell it". I had to tell her that it's not my fault her parents spelled her name wrong. Everybody else thought it was funny.....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 3 of 26

Jump to: