Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Formula 1 Thread | Vettel Dominates Bahrain
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunnygsm

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglesfan536890 wrote:
I usually watch Formula 1 when I am at my dad's house, he is a huge fan. I was more into it during the Schumaker days. I even had a video game for Nintendo 64.

My favorite racer now is Kimi Raikkonen, but he is not even racing this season, so I haven't really been watching much this year. However, I did see the race today. What a stupid move by Vettel, especially when you are going against your own teammate. I am glad Hamilton got the win, I like him as a person; he looked like he was going to be the next Schumaker when he was a rookie, he hasn't been anything like that since.

It's not been him, last year McLaren along with a lot of the other teams were miles behind Brawn. Once they caught up he put up better showings. This year he has been driving well but has had some bad luck, which is why he's not higher in the championship.

^Kempes
Blahman88

Location: Eagles Forum HOF + Gold Standard 2014, Bringer of the Cavalry
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give Hamilton a Brawn last year and a Red Bull this year he'd win the title....him and Alonso are the two most talented drivers in F1

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't know what both Vettel and Webber were thinking.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blahman88 wrote:
Give Hamilton a Brawn last year and a Red Bull this year he'd win the title....him and Alonso are the two most talented drivers in F1

I can agree to that.

ryknowssd on the sig
Bird Watch: Brodrick Bunkley
sunnygsm

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
I still don't know what both Vettel and Webber were thinking.

Pretty simple, Vettel was faster, had gotten past him, but Webber is competing. He wasn't about to concede his position and neither was Vettel, in the end Vettel twitched to the right, Webber didn't budge and crash

^Kempes
SiLo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglesfan536890 wrote:
Blahman88 wrote:

I can agree to that.

Ferrari has been slacking which these motors.

Bird Watch: Brandon Boykin
27 TACKLES 0 SACK 1 FF 2 INT
chillparsi1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to be a much bigger fan before I came to college (ie when my cable used to get speed vision). Used to love waking up early Sunday morning making myself breakfast and watching the race.

I think part of the reason I lost some interest is that the sport just changes too damn fast, there's nothing you can constantly hold on to. Qualification is always changing, the points this year are stupid, every year teams are changing (I still don't know what happened to Brawn). And yea that's part of the fun I guess, but sometimes you with the FIA would just say "if it ain't broke don't fix it."

It also doesnt help that I'm not sure who to root for anymore. My favorite racer and the man that got me into F1 now races for the rival team (Shumi), the driver I had loathed for the past 4-5 year now represents my boys (Alonso), and the one guy I did like after Shumi isn't racing any more (Kimi). WTH! Next thing Ferrari is going to drop out of F1.

Stone65 with the sig!
broseph46

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chillparsi1 wrote:
(I still don't know what happened to Brawn)

Brawn are still there, they're just under the Mercedes moniker now. Exact same team, different colour scheme/drivers.

Check out my favourite albums of 2010 here!
SiLo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, stability has really hurt this sport. But all there trying to do it lose that "the winner is selected in the first turn" flag that formula 1 gets. There have been some good battles so far which is good for the sport.

EDIT: I know sunny is happy now with that sig...

eaglesfan536890

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree completely with the recent comments. Formula 1 was so much better the old way.

David Coulthard used to be my favorite racer.

ryknowssd on the sig
Bird Watch: Brodrick Bunkley
ianlewis16

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglesfan536890 wrote:
I agree completely with the recent comments. Formula 1 was so much better the old way.

David Coulthard used to be my favorite racer.

Man that dude had a square head. Good driver though.

Blahman88 wrote:
I control the EBB.......except Ian, no body can control him
sunnygsm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SiLo wrote:
Yeah, stability has really hurt this sport. But all there trying to do it lose that "the winner is selected in the first turn" flag that formula 1 gets. There have been some good battles so far which is good for the sport.

Woop, this season has been great so far, lots of good battles and the points system is really keeping this thing wide open.

^Kempes
SiLo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunnygsm wrote:
SiLo wrote:

Woop, this season has been great so far, lots of good battles and the points system is really keeping this thing wide open.

this...

milanb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SiLo wrote:

Look for Formula 1 to introduce the "button" one way or another for next year. It's worked quite well for CART and the IRL, and the idea is not new. In the "turbo" era (1978-1988) every car had a button the driver could push to dial up another 100bhp when he needed to pass. I suspect they're going to refine the KERS rule so that it does more or less the same thing.

In any event I find North American racing a lot more boring with the countless caution periods. And don't even get me started on NASCAR's point system, which no one understands beyond the fact that it places no premium on winning races.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
sunnygsm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
SiLo wrote:

Look for Formula 1 to introduce the "button" one way or another for next year. It's worked quite well for CART and the IRL, and the idea is not new. In the "turbo" era (1978-1988) every car had a button the driver could push to dial up another 100bhp when he needed to pass. I suspect they're going to refine the KERS rule so that it does more or less the same thing.

In any event I find North American racing a lot more boring with the countless caution periods. And don't even get me started on NASCAR's point system, which no one understands beyond the fact that it places no premium on winning races.

I expect KERs to be changed and perhaps more teams to pick it up next year too

^Kempes

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 2 of 100

Jump to: