Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins shopping 12th overall spot, trying to acquire picks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:
ukdolfan wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:
The Broncos pick 1 spot ahead of the Dolphins, and we are certainly going to be looking into moving down as well, so the Phins may find it difficult to move down if the bigger names are off the board after #11.

I guess it depends whether the Broncos are a threat to take the player. Teams will only trade to #11 instead of #12 if they think that the player won't be there at #12 because it will cost less to move up and they will pay less.

Not necessarily. Teams will also trade up to prevent other teams from trading in that spot, or even the spot after. #11 is an extremely enticing place to trade up to because it is the first slot outside of that top 10 money grade.

The Broncos are going to take Bryant or McClain at 11 anyways so its a moot point.

Thanks for that Mr Xanders. Any chance you can tell me the rest of the draft so I don't have to bother staying up until 3am Saturday Morning?

MUFC OK
ukdolfan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
ukdolfan wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:
The Broncos pick 1 spot ahead of the Dolphins, and we are certainly going to be looking into moving down as well, so the Phins may find it difficult to move down if the bigger names are off the board after #11.

I guess it depends whether the Broncos are a threat to take the player. Teams will only trade to #11 instead of #12 if they think that the player won't be there at #12 because it will cost less to move up and they will pay less.

Not necessarily. Teams will also trade up to prevent other teams from trading in that spot, or even the spot after. #11 is an extremely enticing place to trade up to because it is the first slot outside of that top 10 money grade.

Ignoring the anomaly of Crabtree holding out last year the #10 pick does not get much more than #11. #11 isn't any more enticing than 9,10 or 12 to trade up to. If you asked any GM they would want to trade to the lowest possible pick to get their player.

Teams may trade up to #11 if they think that someone else may have a deal lined up for #12 or if the Dolphins are likely to pick the player that they want.

^ Jamison on the sig.
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukdolfan wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:
ukdolfan wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:

Ignoring the anomaly of Crabtree holding out last year the #10 pick does not get much more than #11. #11 isn't any more enticing than 9,10 or 12 to trade up to. If you asked any GM they would want to trade to the lowest possible pick to get their player.

Teams may trade up to #11 if they think that someone else may have a deal lined up for #12 or if the Dolphins are likely to pick the player that they want.

This was my original point. I believe the Dolphins will have to have 2 premium players fall to #11 to get a good shot of trading out of that spot, because the Broncos will be looking to do the same, despite what Deets may think.

MUFC OK
SiLo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berry?

Bird Watch: Brandon Boykin
27 TACKLES 0 SACK 1 FF 2 INT
KlassiK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently we've talked to 2 teams already.

http://twitter.com/DolFanBandits/status/12518226910

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami wants to trade down, Denver wants to trade down, Jacksonville wants to trade down... I think Miami might be in the best spot out of all of them, btu it all depends on what teams might be willing to give up for certain players. If a team wants a certain player, but they are only willing to give up so much to get that player, then it will be more likely to be the 12th pick that gets traded than the 10th or 11th. I also think a team like Minnesota, Philly, and Dallas near the bottom of the draft really just don;t have the picks to move up to 10 with Jacksonville so they stand pat and hope he falls to Miami. It's really hard to say though what is going to happen when you have so many teams in a row that all have expressed an interest in moving down.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KlassiK wrote:

Only Two ?? ....And how many other teams have those two talked to ??

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
KlassiK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
KlassiK wrote:

Only Two ?? ....And how many other teams have those two talked to ??

2 teams in the last 48 hours, I'm guessing its more but 2/3 teams are probably seriously interested.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That twitter feed is as reliable as a hole in the head. They probably never talked to anyone at all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: