Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins shopping 12th overall spot, trying to acquire picks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
in po we trust

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
tonkavikes27 wrote:
I would want Minnesota to trade for the pick to get Clausen. To me this kid is a can't miss prospect and I feel he will be a top 5 quarterback in this league in a very short amount of time. I know that most Vikings fans would disagree with me, but thats why its my opinion not theres Wink

Yeah while everyone is bussy talking about D. Bryant ....
I've been saying there is chance that Clausen could be there @ # 12.
I can easilly see S.F. swaping either of ther 2 first rnd pks with MIA to get Clausen.
So it's not just ALL about Bryant.

sug

The ONLY way I could see the Dolphins suckering the Niners into swapping 1st rounders amongst other picks to move up one spot for Clausen is if the Niners absolutely fall in love with Clausen(in which case I think they're more than likely to trade up higher than 12 to get him) and the Dolphins hold them hostage with a Haloti Ngata/Kamerion Wimbley type situation with the Ravens and Browns a few years ago.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, tru dat holmes! Laughing
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Not surprising. About 27 teams out of 32 always look to trade down

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
nicfre2006

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see the Miami Dolphins trade back with a team like the Seattle Seahawks if they move up to select C.J. Spiller, especially if they select Trent Williams at #6 for example. If Spiller is still on the board at #12, I can see the Seahawks looking to leapfrog San Francisco to grab Spiller. In this scenario I have the Kansas City Chiefs trading down with the Buffalo Bills so the Bills can select Jimmy Clausen at #5 and the Chiefs take Dan Williams at #9 - so with Dan Williams off of the board, I can see the Dolphins looking to trade back a couple of spots, get some additional draft picks, and still have a shot at someone like Sergio Kindle or Jerry Hughes. Here is a hypothetical trade scenario :

Quote:
The Kansas City Chiefs trade their 2010 first round pick (#5) to the Buffalo Bills in exchange for their 2010 first round pick (#9), their 2010 third round pick (#72), and a 2011 fourth round pick.

Quote:
The Seattle Seahawks trade their 2010 first round pick (#14) and their 2010 fourth round pick (#104) to the Miami Dolphins in exchange for their 2010 first round pick (#12).

In this first round scenario (up to pick #12)

Quote:
First Round
Pick #1 (3000) St. Louis Rams : Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma (Junior)
Pick #2 (2600) Detroit Lions : Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
Pick #3 (2200) Tampa Bay Buccaneers : Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma (Junior)
Pick #4 (1800) Washington Redskins : Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
Pick #5 (1700) Buffalo Bills (from Kansas City Chiefs) : Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame (Junior)
Pick #6 (1600) Seattle Seahawks : Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
Pick #7 (1500) Cleveland Browns : Eric Berry, S/CB, Tennessee (Junior)
Pick #8 (1400) Oakland Raiders : Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland (Junior)
Pick #9 (1350) Kansas City Chiefs (from Buffalo Bills) : Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee
Pick #10 (1300) Jacksonville Jaguars : Joe Haden, CB, Florida (Junior)
Pick #11 (1250) Denver Broncos (from Chicago Bears) : Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama (Junior)
Pick #12 (1200) Seattle Seahawks (from Miami Dolphins) : C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson

I think the Seattle - Miami trade could work with or without the Kansas City trade down.

Last edited by nicfre2006 on Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
hbl1318

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
I can see the Falcons moving up for Morgan.

Definitely agree there. If Jacksonville passes on Morgan, I think Atlanta can move up to 12 and nab him. Whoever wants Morgan has to jump ahead of the Giants, because if Morgan gets past JAX, he won't get past the Giants at 15.
hbl1318

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Dolphins to get out of #12, I think someone will most likely be trading up for Earl Thomas or Derrick Morgan. For Thomas, I could see CIN, HOU, or maybe even GB trading up. Most likely trade up for Thomas, I think, would be the Bengals. If he is there at #20 right before CIN picks, the Texans will take him. Don't count out the Eagles either. If Morgan falls, I think most likely to trade up would be TEN, ATL, or NE. The Pats have a lot of 2nd-round picks. Only other player that could be a trade-up option for would be McClain, but I think earliest he is gone is #10 to JAX, latest is #11 to DEN
hbl1318

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2006 wrote:
I could see the Miami Dolphins trade back with a team like the Seattle Seahawks if they move up to select C.J. Spiller, especially if they select Trent Williams at #6 for example. If Spiller is still on the board at #12, I can see the Seahawks looking to leapfrog San Francisco to grab Spiller. In this scenario I have the Kansas City Chiefs trading down with the Buffalo Bills so the Bills can select Jimmy Clausen at #5 and the Chiefs take Dan Williams at #9 - so with Dan Williams off of the board, I can see the Dolphins looking to trade back a couple of spots, get some additional draft picks, and still have a shot at someone like Sergio Kindle or Jerry Hughes. Here is a hypothetical trade scenario :

Quote:
The Kansas City Chiefs trade their 2010 first round pick (#5) to the Buffalo Bills in exchange for their 2010 first round pick (#9), their 2010 third round pick (#72), and a 2011 fourth round pick.

Quote:
The Seattle Seahawks trade their 2010 first round pick (#14) and their 2010 fourth round pick (#104) to the Miami Dolphins in exchange for their 2010 first round pick (#12).

In this first round scenario (up to pick #12

Quote:
First Round
Pick #1 (3000) St. Louis Rams : Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma (Junior)
Pick #2 (2600) Detroit Lions : Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
Pick #3 (2200) Tampa Bay Buccaneers : Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma (Junior)
Pick #4 (1800) Washington Redskins : Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
Pick #5 (1700) Buffalo Bills (from Kansas City Chiefs) : Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame (Junior)
Pick #6 (1600) Seattle Seahawks : Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
Pick #7 (1500) Cleveland Browns : Eric Berry, S/CB, Tennessee (Junior)
Pick #8 (1400) Oakland Raiders : Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland (Junior)
Pick #9 (1350) Kansas City Chiefs (from Buffalo Bills) : Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee
Pick #10 (1300) Jacksonville Jaguars : Joe Haden, CB, Florida (Junior)
Pick #11 (1250) Denver Broncos (from Chicago Bears) : Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama (Junior)
Pick #12 (1200) Seattle Seahawks (from Miami Dolphins) : C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson

I think the Seattle - Miami trade could work with or without the Kansas City trade down.

I think Williams is a good pick for KC and #5 is too high to take him, but I think BUF doesn't have to trade up. I don't see CLE or OAK taking Clausen. SEA doesn't have to trade up 2 spots for CJ Spiller either. SF won't take him at #13. If Haden is there at #13, he's the pick. If SF goes OT at #13, they'll look at Kyle Wilson or Earl Thomas at #17.
SUG

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patman wrote:
SUG wrote:
tonkavikes27 wrote:
I would want Minnesota to trade for the pick to get Clausen. To me this kid is a can't miss prospect and I feel he will be a top 5 quarterback in this league in a very short amount of time. I know that most Vikings fans would disagree with me, but thats why its my opinion not theres Wink

I can easilly see S.F. swaping either of ther 2 first rnd pks with MIA to get Clausen.

sug

Yeah but SF knows no one else is in position to make the move for Clasuen
(if he was wanted there)

All due respect I dissagree...
Cause even if I'm wrong about S.F. & I look down the list/draft order, I count at least 4 teams that
could easily trade up for Clausen.

check it out
sug
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hbl1318 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
I can see the Falcons moving up for Morgan.

Definitely agree there. If Jacksonville passes on Morgan, I think Atlanta can move up to 12 and nab him. Whoever wants Morgan has to jump ahead of the Giants, because if Morgan gets past JAX, he won't get past the Giants at 15.

Or Atlanta could trade up with Jacksonville Pray
Fizzy#52

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would love life if they got #27 and MB3 for there 12th
NCAA (BB) - Michigan St.
NCAA (FB) - USC
GoLdRuSh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are all wrong. hahahah jk. well not really.

Has no one seen the scrutiny that Dez is going through? If Crabtree fell to 10, then Dez should slip to 15-20. He didnt put up the crazy numbers that Crabtree did and he also had a bad workout. There is no way a player who hasnt played in a year can go top 12 after what happened with Mike Williams.

The most likely scenario is someone trading up for Morgan, Haden, or or JPP.

And the most likely scenario of all is that Miami is simply trying to see how much someone is willing to give to move up, even if they truely dont want to trade down. If you start early with the rumors the tensions will only rise and they can cause someone a lot more than the real value.
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see this happening, Miami has a lot of needs and BP is big on draft picks, so if he can trade down and grab 1-2 more picks, I see him doing it. I really dont think Miami will take Bryant even if he is there at 12. BP is not big on taking WR's early they are too risky. Miami will take a DE or DT if they stay at 12, If one of the two top S are there they may pull the trigger and take one of them. As so many people said before alot of teams will be looking to trade down if their player falls to the 12th spot, so I see Miami trading out of this spot.

New England, Bengals,Cowboys, Steelers (though think Steelers want a LB)- might trade up to grab Dez Bryant .
Vikings, Seahawks, 49ers- Clausen
Falcons, Texans- Joe Hadden.

The list can go on and on. The only three people I hope Miami takes if they fall to 12 are, Eric Berry, E. Thomas, or Dan Williams (and I wouldnt be against trading out even if Williams is there).

Adopt a Phins 14, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
(14 Season Week-11 )
65.4% CMP - 2354 yards -17 TD's - 7 INT's - 92.2 Rat /RUSH 261 Yards 37 Atmts
jamax99

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jets trade up and take earl thomas . lol for 1 and 2
DMACINDALAC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they were to be considering trading down theyh should trade the #12 to Denver for WR Brandon Marshall, their 2nd round pick and maybe swap picks or add a conditional in their.
SilentQ

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ro - Lan - Do, Ro - Lan - Do, Ro - Lan - Do!!!

I would really love for the Steelers to trade up for Rolando McClain.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
tonkavikes27 wrote:

sug

Please tell me you are joking?

Um well the 49ers pick after duh Dolphins who have Henne, so yeah not going to happen! Only way we trade up is for Berry/Okung, maybe Trent Williams/Bulaga.

Not for Jimmy Clausen

Laughing Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: