Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins shopping 12th overall spot, trying to acquire picks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reissing87jets wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
I hope they move down to 24 and the Pack nabs him right before Wink

Why do you want another reciever? Laughing

Jennings, Driver, Jones, Nelson could all start, I was shocked when Nelson was drafted, Jones is a beast and they went and drafted him as well. Oh well I'm sure Rodgers would enjoy it!

Bryant would compliment Jennings perfectly. Who knows how long Driver has left and I think his role is going to be a tad reduced. Jones needs to step it up as he had the dropsies at times last season. Besides, you can never have too many weapons!

El Ramster on the amazing work
TheDeeeeej

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont realy see how this is news.

IMO, all teams are shopping their pick right now.

I think there will be a ton of trades this year in the first round.

[Adopt a Titan] [Derrick Morgan] [Robert Johnson]
Purple-Pride07

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind Dez Bryant, I'd imagine the Phins have more interest in Dan Williams, who should see a draft day surprise of going earlier than he may expect. Good Nose Tackles get drafted early no matter what.

If Miami trade back about 5 or 6 picks, I think they could pik up some extra assets as well as get better value for Williams who shouldn't be taken by anyone in that range.

"When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality."
--Joe Paterno.
CWood21

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purple-Pride07 wrote:
Nevermind Dez Bryant, I'd imagine the Phins have more interest in Dan Williams, who should see a draft day surprise of going earlier than he may expect. Good Nose Tackles get drafted early no matter what.

If Miami trade back about 5 or 6 picks, I think they could pik up some extra assets as well as get better value for Williams who shouldn't be taken by anyone in that range.

First off, there is no guarantee that Dan Williams will be available at twelve, let alone five or six picks later. My guess is that the Fins are looking for a pass rusher.
MOSteelers56

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see the Steelers pull the trigger on this. We could maybe pick up a slipping McClain or Haden.

gopherwrestler makes sigs I wanna make sweet love to
Zephiel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Clausen isn't picked by Oakland in the 8th pick Minnesota should trade up on draft day and nab him before Seattle gets their second shot at him, San Fran gets him, or Arizona nabs him.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not buying it. No team would make their draft plans this obvious, this soon. I am taking this with a grain of salt.

Dez Bryant doesn't even seem like a Parcells type guy anyways. None of this makes sense to me really. I have the dolphins selecting Earl Thomas in the 1st round.
TYGER

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont see the Dez hype guys, sorry. doesnt help that he didnt play football for a whole year, and that he's associated with that idiot Deion Sanders who tries to ruin every WR that gets into the league. oh well, we'll see i guess. i could always be wrong, which tends to happen a lot Very Happy
goose85

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Earl Thomas is on the board here, I expect the Dolphins to be getting a ton of phone calls.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was debate about who would go first last year - Crabtree or Bryant (if Crabtree returned for his junior season). Crabtree should have been selected by Oakland. While Bryant carries some baggage, so did Crabtree. If Dez is around when the Dolphins pick, they would make a mistake trading down, thinking that he will be available in the 20s. If the Dolphins think that Arrelious Benn or Demaryius Thomas can develop into a #1 WR, then they might take a chance on trading down.

The drop-off in potential between Dez and the other top WRs is huge. I can actually see a team trading up to select him.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really surprising. As far as I'm concerned, the most late1st-3rd round picks we can obtain in this draft, the better. At #12, we could take Dez but he isn't worth what we could get with two picks later.

Nacho Simulation Football League
JfaulkNY

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukdolfan wrote:
A team is not being responsible unless they look around to see what teams may be willing to give to trade up if a certain player falls. This doesn't surprise me as a number of the players the Dolphins are apparently considering are rated in the 18-25 range.

reissing87jets wrote:
Dez will be Revis's - anyway, I could see someone trading up for JPP or Morgan, maybe Clausen falls? Who knows...

Revis can't cover Ginn (.......) so I guess that would be one starting Dolphins WR he can cover

revis can't cover ginn lol? okay so ginn getting a 50yard or whatever TD once against Revis means he can't cover ginn? You should see how pathetic Ginn's stats are on the other games.
Davey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukdolfan wrote:

Revis can't cover Ginn (.......) so I guess that would be one starting Dolphins WR he can cover

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d80a97ab0/WK-1-Can-t-Miss-Play-Revis-seals-it

I'm all about the one play = all the time argument. Wink
Rock_#5

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles can trade up for a couple guys like Berry,McClain, and Haden.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
ukdolfan wrote:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d80a97ab0/WK-1-Can-t-Miss-Play-Revis-seals-it

I'm all about the one play = all the time argument. Wink

I know, I know. I just think that if he needs to be hyped up in a basically unrelated topic he should take whatever criticism he gets.

Maybe if Revis is as great as he is made out he should start to play more special teams or at least teach them to tackle... Wink

^ Jamison on the sig.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: