Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DREW BLEDSOE LIONS QB
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maxxjulien11

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:36 am    Post subject: DREW BLEDSOE LIONS QB Reply with quote

If we couldn't get garcia, I would not mine Drew. He has playoff experience and he would have a chance to battle the Oregon Quack for the QB job. He has a stronger arm then the Quacker, and has a Superbowl ring
whitestalliono2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew Bledsoe does not have a stronger arm than Harrington, Harrington never gets to use his. And the mobility of Drew Bledsoe is pathetic, he would provide little challenge to Harrington, and i doubt Bledsoe will start/go anywhere except Dallas under Parcells.

Mark my words Sims will be better than D. Brooks!
dawgsfan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would shoot myself in the foot if bledsoe wound up in detroit.

every year that guys arm gets 'tired' steady numbers decline.

i wouldnt' even draft him on my fantasy team let alone put him in charge of the lions O.

the last thing Detroit needs is a QB long past his prime.
eagles101

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all roght know first drew wouldnt be that bad because the only thing the lions need is a qb hes the biggest first round bust QB since tim couch and <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=jeff%20garcia" onmouseover="window.status='jeff garcia'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">jeff garcia</a> come on hes worse then a injuried joey and the only reason joey doesnt throw it deep because he a coward o and detroit doenst need some one to challange joey but a GM that will cut harrington
goblue42

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not even sure what the last comments from eagles1 said Confused In any event, Bledsoe is a definite no! He is one step away from the scrap heap! The only qbs I endorse that are out there are #1, are own Mike McMahan, #1 Hasselbeck(Unlikely) and Griese. The rest are all a bunch of scrubs. We need somebody to push Joey though because we can not endure one of his funks like last season!
hotsauce3922

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I would rather have Joey. The only reason the Bills did anything last year was because McGahee and Lee Evans, not Drew.

Charles Rogers, Roy Williams, Mike Williams

cover that!
amaru0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

word is that Rodney Peete might be available....
USNinc

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is from a Lions insider. Believe it or don't. Up to you.

Quote:
This is all speculation so don't go screaming through out the internet that this is gold, BUT--what I was told is, the conversations going around the Lions arena are that there is only one person within the Lions' organization who is "high" on Garcia. There is another name getting thrown around more often and it isn't Warner(thank YOU). And no, I wasn't told who the "one person" was.

The first part about the person being "high" on Garcia is probably Mooch. Can we agree there?
The other name is not yet known.

I can't remember, off the top of my head, but there is something like 9 other names among the top 10 QB's that will be/might be available.
amaru0

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my money is on Griese or maybe Brad Johnson. Either of those two would come pretty cheap, but have shown reliability in the past. I personally would like to see Griese here, Michigan QB's are always dependable for some reason. Well, except for Henson, but nobody liked him when he was AT Michigan, so that makes sense.
KJ34RW11

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew Bledsoe= No
Jeff Garcia= No
Kurt Warner= No
Brad Johnson= No

The only one they are truly looking at and thinking of picking up is Griese. Trust me.
Dionosys

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see holcomb. The fact all his teammates have liked him makes him my choice. He's a good clubhouse guy too with enough talent to possibly push Joey to the next level. Also he's not so old (with exception of Greise) that a 2-3 year deal wouldn't be absurd.

I just don't like Greise's game enough to want him. Johnson, Garcia both get tired down the stretch and would both be backups coming in. I doubt either would want to come in knowing they wouldn't start. Warner's ego won't fit through the door either.

Gannon though is a guy I'd like to see. He is a guy who isn't great anymore, but he never was great, just good at everything and better than most everyone else at the little things. He's very old, he may even be drawing a pension now, but he'd be another guy who could become a mentor to Joey.
amaru0

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when management talks about getting a guy to challenge Joey, I'm thinking that's one of the younger guys (Griese or Holcomb). But I doubt we'll overpay for someone who isn't a guaranteed starter, so if they get to expensive, we'll go to one of the older guys to plug a hole and draft someone higher than we might have before. How does that sound?
USNinc

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KJ34RW11 wrote:
Drew Bledsoe= No
Jeff Garcia= No
Kurt Warner= No
Brad Johnson= No

The only one they are truly looking at and thinking of picking up is Griese. Trust me.

Do you have a source or just going with a guess?
USNinc

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything on that source yet?

I just heard that Griese restructured his contract?
GoLions17

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the rodney peete idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: