You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans 2nd round pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The #'s I've looked at are not projections from the combine, but supposedly the #'s they ran. I just did a quick search and found another site saying 4.68, and at 263 lbs. He weighed 253 at his Pro Day. Either way, I do agree he probably needs to play at 260+ since the weight and hopefully added strength will make him better all around.

He has potential, and I don't think we saw it al this year. One game I saw a good, quick spin move that easily beat the OT, but I don't remember him going to it much (and maybe they didn't want him doing things like that much). I did see some of that good hand work at times, especially one play against Robert Gallery that made me smile.

One site that seems a little more trustworthy (although you can find varying #'s wherever you look) has Tuck at 6-4, 242, and a 4.68 40. I certainly hope his #'s look better, but I've seen him play, and his play was impressive. Not sure he's better than LaBoy, Odom and Schobel and worth taking though, I really didn't see him but maybe 2-3 games last year. If they keep Hall, it makes it even less likely that they take a DE high, but I think Hall would just be in the way of our young guys so I think he may be gone.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Tuck is actually listed at 256 and runs a 4.56 forty and tore his ACL in 2003. I seen him in an interwiew on www.nfldraftcountdown.com. But lets get off the subject of Tuck, i think we both want somethin else to talk about.
Yeah i can believe the coaches not letting Laboy use his spin move. It will take him out of the play (thats what they think) but he has alot of talent. . Laboy is really strong, and i honestly thought he'll start at left DE before the season but he got hurt. He may turn some heads and start if he gets his weight backup and has a good offseason.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm bored and we've talked about our 1st and 2nd round picks for the last 3 months. What about our 3rd round picks? What players are any of you interested in and who will be there that interest you. Just for discussion purposes.

"Tina you fat, lard come get your dinner"
Bobo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd round? Well have we agreed on round 1 and 2 lol?

I'll just give a scenario, say Pac Man in the 1st, Reggie Brown in the 2nd.

I think that'd leave RB, OT and FS as our biggest needs.

If Shelton is there in the 3rd, I'd like him. He's a big back with decent speed that could be a good short yardage guy. I like Morency, Moats, Sproles, Houston, but a few of those may be there in the 4th.

OT's like Colmer, Britt, or Parquett would probably make good 3rd rounders.

Sounds like they may want to keep Lance and sign Lamont long term. But if they let Lance go and maybe don't sign Lamont long term, I'd like someone like Josh Bullocks or Kerry Rhodes if they're there.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we'll ever agree on the first and second round pick until April 23rd Laughing I'm hoping that we can grab at least 2 of these guys Britt, McCune, Brimmer, Moats, Shelton, Kay-jay Harris, Marion Barber, Crap Thorpe, Parquet, Munoz, Kirk Morrison, Mike Goolsby, Antonio Perkins, Eric Green, Bullocks, Donte Nicholson, or Eric Green. Yea, it's a long list, but we have a long list of needs.

Bobo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulluckthebeast wrote:
Yea, it's a long list, but we have a long list of needs.

That and the fact that most say the top part of this draft is weak have me thinking trade down is probably the best bet.....but many other teams may be thinking the same thing.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tradin down will be retarted. We never had a top ten pick in ten years.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trading down is not retarded as long as there is not a player that we believe isn't worth the 6th pick. In fact, it would be smart to trade in that situation especially if we can pick up an extra 3rd rounder.

titans#1fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd...haha maybe a second but not a third we already have two of them.
Any rumors from the combine????
i think Muhsin Muhammad is goin to the bears.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this draft an early to mid third is probably all your going to get to move up 2-3 spots.

Burton

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.draftshowcase.com has some really good tidbits from the combine. Apparently Clarret is cleared from his A-holeness.

With the 3rd pick in the first round the Tennessee
Bobo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans#1fan wrote:
tradin down will be retarted. We never had a top ten pick in ten years.

Just having that high a spot to pick can not be the deciding factor to whether or not you use it. We could talk about numerous busts in the top 10....but then that wouldn't be a deciding factor for using the pick either.

If they think a guy is there that they like AND is worth a #6, I'd pick him. If not, trade down. The catch is in this draft, things don't look so hot up top. Most are saying the top of this draft is weak. So that makes trading down a better option, plus we now have a LOT of holes to fill.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: What position will give us 10 years of service with our pick Reply with quote

Honestly guys ive been thinkin about this alot. What position is worth picking in the top ten that will give you 10 or more years?????
im thinkin OT and QB.
With us pickin in the top ten for the first time in ten years wouldnt you think we'll pick up our future LT at like 9 if we trade down with the redskins for example.
Im not for Barron, im just sayin that no CB will give us much future and Samari and Dyson were both second rounders. We got Norm Chow to give him talent to mold to his system.
And all the needs that we have ( CB,RB,WR) are all deep this year. And there is only a couple of OT this year capable of bein a future LT. Hopkins most likely will be here next year.
Tell me what ya think....
Dont bash me about us pickin Barron
Displaced Titan Fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definatley agree with Burton on this one. If Brandon Brower is available in the 2nd round that would be great. He is a 6 foot 1 physical corner who can fly. I'm personally pulling for us to get Antrel Rolle first because I'm from Miami, and I've seen him play and its unreal. I doubt our first two picks will be DB but we will see. I think that our first pick must be a top CB, but pick two, if not anoter CB then maybe a WR. I don't know about Justin Tuck, but I uncovered some dirt about possible steriods early in his college career, so that might be a bit iffy.
seminoles1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulluckthebeast wrote:
In this draft an early to mid third is probably all your going to get to move up 2-3 spots.

I agree with you, but there are desperate teams to move up if the team in front of you wants who you want. Last year, Cleveland moved up 1 spot and gave Detroit its second round pick. And also Displaced Titans Fan, Brandon Browner is 6'4, not 6'1

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: