You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans 2nd round pick
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chi town Titan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Titans 2nd round pick Reply with quote

we've talked about the first pick a lot, and i would like to know more about what you guys think we'll do with our 2nd pick.
Burton

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like a CB since Dyson may be leaving, I would like Brandon Browner because he may play safety which is good because schulters may leave as well, so we could just move him over there and have Woolfork be the 2nd CB. If not a CB than an OT that will sit a year or two until the old guys retire.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to really like Khalif Barnes. I think after one season of training he'd be ready to take over a T positinion.
titangreins

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you beast, I would LOVE him to fall into the 2nd rd to us. Probably not gonna happen, I think the combine he'll turn some heads and MAY be the best OT in this yrs draft. Further solidifying WE WILL NOT DRAFT ALEX BARRON 6TH OVERALL. Had to scream that.
seminoles1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titangreins wrote:
I'm with you beast, I would LOVE him to fall into the 2nd rd to us. Probably not gonna happen, I think the combine he'll turn some heads and MAY be the best OT in this yrs draft. Further solidifying WE WILL NOT DRAFT ALEX BARRON 6TH OVERALL. Had to scream that.

I think you guys have made your point. No one thinks that we will draft Alex Barron. The only people that are saying this are just messing around.
NeoTitan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seminoles, you'll like my 2nd round guess; I'll go with Bryant McFadden, assuming we don't go db in the first. From what I've been hearing, no chance of OT Barnes falling to us in the 2nd.
seminoles1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeoTitan wrote:
Seminoles, you'll like my 2nd round guess; I'll go with Bryant McFadden, assuming we don't go db in the first. From what I've been hearing, no chance of OT Barnes falling to us in the 2nd.
That would be awesome, but Barnes will be available IMO in the 2nd and we should take him.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would like to see us get Barnes. But if not we might have a chance to get Adam Terry, or Marlin Jackson CB.
Chi town Titan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: AFTER THE CUTS Reply with quote

After the cuts, this second round pick becomes very interesting. Assuming we take Antrel Rolle, which i believe is the favorite to be taken since Mike Williams will be taken by the Bears, Maybe Roddy White or Mark Clayton if they fall? I feel more comfortable going into next season w/ Bennett and Calico rather than Woolfolk and Beckham or Waddell
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clayton will probably be gone by the time we pick. White may still be there, but I think there may be better options.

I'm very nervous about this years draft because we must draft well these next two years or we'll be in major trouble. This is becomes especially true since we are picking 20 spots higher than usual and we can't afford any bust that are drafted on the first day. Can't wait until the 23rd of April.

"Tina you fat, lard come get your dinner"
TitansWinSuperBowl!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should draft Chris Henry in the second round if we don't draft Mike Williams in the first. Forget about his issues we need more talent at the WR position.
seminoles1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitansWinSuperBowl! wrote:
We should draft Chris Henry in the second round if we don't draft Mike Williams in the first. Forget about his issues we need more talent at the WR position.
The Titans hate people with personality issues. Remember, the Titans picked Kevin Dyson over Randy Moss because of personality issues. VERY doubtful we take Chris Henry.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reese has said that he likes Justin Tuck from Notre Dame, if he falls to us in the second round it will be a great pick. We do have depth but we need to get to the QB alot better. Odom isnt a pass rusher, Shobel is ok but not a speed rusher who will get you alot of sacks, Carter will get us 5 or 6 sacks a year. Laboy is ok but WAY undersized. I think Tuck will be real good in the pros. And he runs a 4.5 forty so hes really fast for a DE. Some sites list him at 245 but he actually weighs about 260. Couldnt go wrong with Notre Dames all time leader in sacks, not bad. Honestly i think our best pass rusher right now is Starks. No joke.
titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't that throwing in the towel a little quickly on Odom, LaBoy and Schobel? I'm not saying they won't take Tuck, but I certainly hope they don't feel like they need to. We have a few other holes to fill if last year's DE's can take a step forward. Otherwise, what a collosal waste of three draft picks!
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Tuck is first round talent. Why not just pick him. Did u watch them last year. Odom is a bullrusher who might get us 4 or 5 sacks a year, maybe. Laboy is just to freakin small and not fast enough to be a speed rusher. Shobel is goin to better but he ONLY plays on the left side. Odom doesnt have the stamina to start every snap, Laboy is too small, and Shobel will be the better of the group but he wont get us alot of sacks potentailly. Hes a bullrusher. They couldnt get near the QB last year and i dont see them get that much better. Besides we are losin Hall and Thomas so we do need one more guy.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: