Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Rumor
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: New Rumor Reply with quote

This is nothing but a rumor of course, but Bongo has posted that Reese is going to talk with the Browns about trading Volek. He said that they may offer a 2nd, 2 2nds, or even their 1st next season. Interesting stuff I'd say.
raidendawg2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely a second next year if anything...

I doubt Savage would offer up a first for an unproven quarterback, especially with the depth of next year's draft at OT, a position the Browns desparately need.

-Raiden
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is a little unproven, but he is our future at QB and he threw for nearly 2,000 yards this years in 9 games. I think it would be your second this year and a third or something of that sort.
Burton

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'd say a 2nd, a first would be to much, why take an older unproven quarter back when you could take Rodgers who is younger and has the ability to build a franchise around (If this trade goes through you will most likely hear all of the ESPN "analyst' say its just like the Feely trade last year).
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we could easily get another 3rd or even 2nd out of it. Volek is only 2 year older than Feeley and has 2x more experience and has proven he's a good player. The Browns are also in need of a QB more so than the Dolphins were last year.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do want him to be traded but then i dont. If he does, thats more likely that we might draft a QB and this years class is horrible. But if we got a second and somethin else that would be ok. I honeslty dont think Volek is our future QB, i think hes just a reliable backup.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could get Campbell or McPherson in the 2nd.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You like lookin at titanscentral.com dont ya? well i do too. Bongo knows the beef of alot of stuff.

I say you can get about any QB this year and let Chow mold him for the future.

Since the browns want to trade their second for volek, maybe the browns will trade down and get a second back.
TitansFan9

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't see that hapening any time soon. We do not know if McNair is coming back yet! He is still undecided. So why trade Volek unless you are sure McNair is coming back? Say you trade Volek, and just for arguments sake, McNair is not back next year, we have to draft a QB, and we are stuck with a rookie starting at QB, and no cap room to sign a vet. That doesn't make sense to me. But like you say it's just a rumor.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNair does feel good about his surgery, Fisher got the top OC in college and McNair seems to like that, and Reese is tryin to rework deals to make one more run.

If we do trade Volek, its a great possibility that well draft a QB with our first pick since we are in the top ten, and this will be about the future with this kinda early pick.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we do trade Volek it's a sure sign Mac9 is back next season and maybe longer.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also Titans9, there is a 99.99 percent chance he'll be back next season. Why not trade Volek if a great deal is offered?
sacker19

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anybody see us positioning to get leinhart next year or what??? Rolling Eyes
stumadre

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no way. not leinart...

i think that would be ok, for their second rounder this year...we could use that second rounder to get jason campbell, who highly resembles mcnair. but otherwise we have no depth at QB. this past season showed us how important depth is, especially at QB with a player like steve who isnt afraid to take a hit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sacker19 wrote:
does anybody see us positioning to get leinhart next year or what??? Rolling Eyes

If he enters the supplemental draft then we have a legitimate shot at getting him, but that's if we want to give up next years 1st rounder though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: