Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brett Hundley QB UCLA
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiefer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:40 pm    Post subject: Brett Hundley QB UCLA Reply with quote

Would we draft him? I think he's pretty easily the 2nd or 3rd QB in this class.

Potential is there just surrounded with zero talent and a bad offensive system.

I say this because we've done a good job this offseason to the point where I don't have an idea where we're going.

Would require 18, but if Reid is confident I wouldn't mind him sitting behind Smith a couple years.
bigballin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Brett Hundley QB UCLA Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Would we draft him? I think he's pretty easily the 2nd or 3rd QB in this class.

Potential is there just surrounded with zero talent and a bad offensive system.

I say this because we've done a good job this offseason to the point where I don't have an idea where we're going.

Would require 18, but if Reid is confident I wouldn't mind him sitting behind Smith a couple years.

I have brought this up a few times...we are in the perfect position to draft him and let him sit.

I'm desperate for a real franchise QB...you know the kind that can lead your team to multiple super bowls.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He might be good, but not to the point where we'll regret passing on him. I think we're gonna love Dee Ford, but regret passing on Bridgewater...and Carr for that matter.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to draft him
bigballin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
He might be good, but not to the point where we'll regret passing on him. I think we're gonna love Dee Ford, but regret passing on Bridgewater...and Carr for that matter.

Ya but you probably weren't saying that last year before you seen what they could do in the NFL...

Same concept with Hundley or Petty for that matter.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigballin wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

Ya but you probably weren't saying that last year before you seen what they could do in the NFL...

I honestly didn't like Carr. Dude folded under pressure in college but he's proving me wrong in the NFL.
bigballin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
bigballin wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

I honestly didn't like Carr. Dude folded under pressure in college but he's proving me wrong in the NFL.

I think that the folded under pressure thing was over emphasized because of who his brother is. I was a pretty big fan of Carr coming out, liked Bridgewater too until I heard he had the worst pro day of all time. Media fooled me on that one!

I really like Hundley's tools...it's just hard to evaluate him because he tucks and runs at the most random times. Kind of reminds me of RGIII if he had played in a pro style offense in college. I will have to look at some more tape though, I have mostly been focusing on WR and DB.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigballin wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
bigballin wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

I think that the folded under pressure thing was over emphasized because of who his brother is. I was a pretty big fan of Carr coming out, liked Bridgewater too until I heard he had the worst pro day of all time. Media fooled me on that one!

I really like Hundley's tools...it's just hard to evaluate him because he tucks and runs at the most random times. Kind of reminds me of RGIII if he had played in a pro style offense in college. I will have to look at some more tape though, I have mostly been focusing on WR and DB.

I'm a USC fan, during the bowl game Carr folded faster than a cheap suit.

Hundley didn't play in a pro style offense. 1/3 of his pass plays were screens...
bigballin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
bigballin wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
bigballin wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

I'm a USC fan, during the bowl game Carr folded faster than a cheap suit.

Hundley didn't play in a pro style offense. 1/3 of his pass plays were screens...

Ya everyone knew about that game, that was one of the biggest reasons he dropped. I watched that game as well just because I was intrigued by Carr, the entire team was over-matched. He was getting his ace knocked off and got injured early in the game.

As for pro style offense, hmm....the only full game I watched of UCLA's last year was the one vs. Arizona. I know they ran a lot of shotgun but it seemed pro style with real routes, I remember seeing a lot of deep posts, ins, and outs.
UPlay2Win

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WARNING
This post contains subjectivity. Unlike the rest of my posts which are fact/law.

If you take away his athleticism, is he still your third best QB? The ability to run should hold little to no value on a QB prospect, IMHO. I love a QB who can gain a first down from a broken play, but it seems like a QB that tries to take advantage of the ability to scramble becomes a liability. Running = injury = the QB not playing. Therefore, one could argue that athleticism in a QB is a bad thing... I think the "fad" of scrambling QBs is ending if not over.

I like the Colorado State guy before the UCLA guy.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPlay2Win wrote:
WARNING
This post contains subjectivity. Unlike the rest of my posts which are fact/law.

If you take away his athleticism, is he still your third best QB? The ability to run should hold little to no value on a QB prospect, IMHO. I love a QB who can gain a first down from a broken play, but it seems like a QB that tries to take advantage of the ability to scramble becomes a liability. Running = injury = the QB not playing. Therefore, one could argue that athleticism in a QB is a bad thing... I think the "fad" of scrambling QBs is ending if not over.

I like the Colorado State guy before the UCLA guy.

I completely agree and I actually think just as a pocket passer he has the second best tools in the draft just behind Winston. He obviously isn't as polished as Grayson, really this maybe way off but I would put him right behind Blake Bortles in terms of draft grade.
jimmydee1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Petty better....just an opinion.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually loved Bridgewater last year...but I digress. Us taking a QB in round one is in my opinion just as likely as any other position. I think we truthfully with draft whomever the highest player on our board is.

The reason I say that is this, we have a talented team, but very few positions that couldn't be upgraded. And a few of those that have talent, are positions where the player is not under contract after next year.

Combine that with the fact that Reid certainly isn't afraid to let a guy develop, and Alex's monster cap number and I wouldn't be shocked at all if Hundley, Mariota or one of the other QBs gets his name called. I think it's more likely after the first round we'd look at a QB. But nobody knows.

I'm sure someone will ask, so here is what I'm talking about positionally.

QB - may not be an instant upgrade, but the flexibility to add a guy and let him learn the system is always intriguing.

RB - This is an incredibly unlikely pick round one, though I'd love Gordon on our team, I don't love him as much as JC, and Davis is perfectly capable as a back-up.

OL - we have guys, but literally every position could be upgraded, with possibly Grubbs as the exception, and he's not getting any younger.

TE - Kelce is a beast, after him I get nervous. But this draft is weak at TE, so certainly I would think TE is out for round 1.

OLB - We have Houston, Hali and Ford. I am assuming someone will call near draft day about a Houston trade...do we make it, TBD. Either way, Tamba is up there and Houston is on a 1 year deal. While I think it's unlikely, it is certainly not impossible.

I think literally every other position could have a clear upgrade, and guys that could be argued as certain upgrades in the first. I would say Maclin is good, but I don't see us running a heavy 1 receiver set rotation at all times.
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

only QB in this draft I would touch is Jameis. I can't stand any of the others, and Mariota is just Alex Smith but faster

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigballin wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

Bridgewater for sure, but no I didn't think we'd regret passing on Carr. And I liked Carr better than I do Hundley or Petty, but yeah you never know.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: