Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Someone likes us
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject: Someone likes us Reply with quote

Chiefs D rated best in AFC, 2nd in NFL.

http://topsportsreport.com/scoresnfl/nfl-post-draft-power-rankings-which-team-has-the-best-defense/31/

Seattle 1st, Buffalo 3rd.

J

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if they like us or they are just one of the few who will use logic. Anyone who doesn't have Sea, KC, Buff, and NYJ in their top 5 D's is either biased for or against someone or has no common sense.

This site has Texans as the other top 5, which works for me. Could be Rams, Browns, Ravens, Cardinals, Dolphins, or even donkeys. As long as you have those first 4.

Wow, the NFC has taken a turn for the worst on D outside the NFC West.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
jimmydee1

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing That's all warm and fuzzy and feel good stuff.....now, go play like it!!! That's where the rubber meets the road. It's nice, don't get me wrong, but I'd rather SHOW people how good we are rather than them TELLING me how good they THINK we are.

Forget about all that crap and just walk the walk.
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole NFC is declined from two years ago IMO. A couple of teams are better, but the balance seems to be AFC. Do the Seahawks still deserve #1? Probably at this point.

I was impressed that the Chiefs rated above Buffalo. They did have some turnover, so maybe it's not surprising.

J

Last edited by onejayhawk on Thu May 21, 2015 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

take the Ravens off of that list. No team with Kendrick Lewis will be a top 10 D

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
take the Ravens off of that list. No team with Kendrick Lewis will be a top 10 D

KC was top 10 with Lewis in '11 and '13. Top 15 in 2010.

The Bills really didn't lose too much...well Searcy and Spikes (and didn't replace them that I know of). Alonso didn't play last year. So, yes the personnel is worse, but they did add Rex Ryan....don't know that some of those guys fit a 3-4, but i'm sure he'll do what is necessary to wreak havoc.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
valkrei

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:

The Bills really didn't lose too much...well Searcy and Spikes (and didn't replace them that I know of). Alonso didn't play last year. So, yes the personnel is worse, but they did add Rex Ryan....don't know that some of those guys fit a 3-4, but i'm sure he'll do what is necessary to wreak havoc.

I laughed, Fact checked for the win.

No seriously, how did we get in the top 10 with Lewis. Keep in mind the dude is getting older which won't help him.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
Chiefer

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use KDot Lewis correctly he's a solid enough player
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Texans are putting Watt at safety...they have nobody behind Lewis and Swearinger and they let them both go.

They are playing a 4-4-3, with Watt as the single safety. With 8 up front, they should get to the QB just as well and Watt will take care of their weakest position.

mayanfootball

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our pass defense was surprisingly good. We gave up 219yds/gm., good for 2nd. best in the NFL behind Seattle.
Our rush defense was rather abysmal however. We gave up 4.7yds avg. for 3rd worst in the NFL. Rush defense was much better in the red zone tho - NFL best 4 TDs given up.

Classic "bend but don't break" rush defense?

Last edited by mayanfootball on Thu May 21, 2015 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayanfootball wrote:
Our pass defense was surprisingly good -especially in the red zone.
Our rush defense was rather abysmal however. We gave up 4.7yds avg. for 3rd worst in the NFL. Rush defense was much better in the red zone tho.

Yeah, a Chiefs fan yesterday somewhere commented on the run D.. saying it really wasn't that bad. I disagree. There were many key moments later in games that.. had the run D been decent.. the Chiefs would have put the offense into a better position to win the games. ( versus the opponent being able to milk more clock, and thereby force the Chiefs' offense to pull out a do or die, last minute or two drive )

Having an improvement in run D with guys like DeVito, DJ, and even a more seasoned Howard.. should help. Not yet confident in the ILB situation, but we'll see.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9er, I too am not confident at ILB opposite of DJ. I am however hopeful that we aren't done tweaking it yet either.

I would love Ramik to step up and be a stud...but that's a lot to ask a young guy.

Still holding out hope for Kendricks.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
9er, I too am not confident at ILB opposite of DJ. I am however hopeful that we aren't done tweaking it yet either.

I would love Ramik to step up and be a stud...but that's a lot to ask a young guy.

Still holding out hope for Kendricks.

Yeah, Ramik wasn't a favorite LB for me in the 34D, but I still smiled when they announced the pick. ( thinking the choice could have been SO much worse.. so yeah, my bar set dropped as the draft progressed ) Good tackler, that could add some more strength to his game to take on blocks better. The Alexander pick sent my brain into wtf, who? mode. Can't dislike his speed, but he probably has a long way to go before making an impact on anything except maybe STs.

Kendricks is another guy that doesn't strike me as strong enough in a 34D.. but an upgrade and instant starter to respect, he is.

I also can't totally rule out the possibility of Mauga actually improving quite a bit throughout another offseason.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
mayanfootball wrote:
Our pass defense was surprisingly good -especially in the red zone.
Our rush defense was rather abysmal however. We gave up 4.7yds avg. for 3rd worst in the NFL. Rush defense was much better in the red zone tho.

Yeah, a Chiefs fan yesterday somewhere commented on the run D.. saying it really wasn't that bad. I disagree. There were many key moments later in games that.. had the run D been decent.. the Chiefs would have put the offense into a better position to win the games. ( versus the opponent being able to milk more clock, and thereby force the Chiefs' offense to pull out a do or die, last minute or two drive )

Having an improvement in run D with guys like DeVito, DJ, and even a more seasoned Howard.. should help. Not yet confident in the ILB situation, but we'll see.

When we switched to bigger fronts outside the 30s our run defense became a non-issue

I think its going to continue being a problem because we don't deploy two ILBS, but with DJ back that clears up some concern.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

valkrei wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:

I laughed, Fact checked for the win.

No seriously, how did we get in the top 10 with Lewis. Keep in mind the dude is getting older which won't help him.

2011 was pre-injury. He was actually a pretty good cover 2 or single high safety back then. 2013 he blatantly sucked, but our schedule allowed us to look awesome despite it. Peyton, Rivers, and Luck all exploited our issues at FS and LCB though. And even against the crappier teams, the speedy guys who could get behind Sean Smith were causing some real damage (there were like 3 games where we basically shut down the opposing passing game except for one really long pass to a pure speed guy.)

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
67 catches, 862 yards, 5 TDs, one very funny obscene gesture, one fumble that wasn't a fumble, and one very trolly fumble recovery for a TD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: