Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs trade for 49ers cornerback Kenneth Ackers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rjboxer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:24 pm    Post subject: Chiefs trade for 49ers cornerback Kenneth Ackers Reply with quote

He has to pass a physical. The Chiefs give up a 7th round pick in the 2018 draft. He has a lot of potential, and the Chiefs must feel depth was needed. Played in 15 games last year with 13 starts and had 3 interceptions. Hope he makes the final 53.
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huu??? Call me befuddled. After drafting 3 DBs this year??

Casa Estrellita - my retirement home
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this leads to either Fleming or Cooper getting cut, then awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
did Russell even play today
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
KC_Guy wrote:

He played in the 4th for sure. Only STs before that I believe. Definitely disappointing for a guy so highly drafted.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Chiefer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
KC_Guy wrote:

He played in the 4th for sure. Only STs before that I believe. Definitely disappointing for a guy so highly drafted.
for sure, all of our drafted corners seem to be failing. Or they're all getting the Steve Nelson treatment.

Heard good things from 9ers on Acker though. Didn't seem to fit the new defense/Chip Kelly. Maybe we can turn it around with out coaching.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
KC_Guy wrote:

for sure, all of our drafted corners seem to be failing. Or they're all getting the Steve Nelson treatment.

Heard good things from 9ers on Acker though. Didn't seem to fit the new defense/Chip Kelly. Maybe we can turn it around with out coaching.

It shouldn't be surprising to see Russell get worked in slowly. This is the guy coming off of a broken leg, who also missed all of 2014.

I think D.J. White has played quite well, and has seen a bit more playing time to reflect that. he was particularly good against Seattle. Which makes sense. White is the most seasoned of the trio. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw White get more playing time early in their careers, with a shift to Russell as he kind of starts to catch up. White has the lower floor, but Russell the higher ceiling, IMO. Murray I've seen less of, but last I knew he was penciled in at S, which I haven't watched nearly as much.

Regardless, I'm not too worried. We were spoiled by Peters. Normally DB is a slow to adjust position. If the trio got too high on the depth chart, it would say more about guys like Gaines and Nelson, than it would about the rookies.

Though who knows. This time last year, on the Chiefs depth chart, Peters was the #4 CB, Morse was the #2 C, and Conley was the #13 WR, so it may not mean much once the season hits anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
KC_Guy wrote:

It shouldn't be surprising to see Russell get worked in slowly. This is the guy coming off of a broken leg, who also missed all of 2014.

I think D.J. White has played quite well, and has seen a bit more playing time to reflect that. he was particularly good against Seattle. Which makes sense. White is the most seasoned of the trio. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw White get more playing time early in their careers, with a shift to Russell as he kind of starts to catch up. White has the lower floor, but Russell the higher ceiling, IMO. Murray I've seen less of, but last I knew he was penciled in at S, which I haven't watched nearly as much.

Regardless, I'm not too worried. We were spoiled by Peters. Normally DB is a slow to adjust position. If the trio got too high on the depth chart, it would say more about guys like Gaines and Nelson, than it would about the rookies.

Though who knows. This time last year, on the Chiefs depth chart, Peters was the #4 CB, Morse was the #2 C, and Conley was the #13 WR, so it may not mean much once the season hits anyway.
Am agreeing with your reasoning on the many points made. I like Murray. Saw him briefly in college. He could make big plays at Minnesota.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: