Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Playoff scenarios

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:22 pm    Post subject: Playoff scenarios Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Ive been looking at the scenarios of who we might play and where with the most likely being:

Arrow (if Den beats Oak and KC beats SD) hosting Pit after a bye assuming the beat Mia or

Arrow (Oak beats Den, KC beats SD) playing Hou again, then likely on to NE seems to be a foregone conclusion, however...another interesting one:

Arrow (Oak, KC win) and NE loses at Mia, which is somewhat plausible...Oak becomes the #1 seed, which means if KC can dispose of Hou and Pitt takes care of Mia, KC would get to go to Oak again for a chance to go to the AFC champ game.

Now truth be told, I want badly to beat NE in Foxboro and put all the doubters to bed....and I wouldn't mind showing the world we can beat Pit at Arrowhead when it matters before going to NE. If that's the road, it's tough and nobody can deny we belong...but the Hou/Oak road games are much more winnable games. So it's very interesting..

Arrow One more scenario...we could lose to SD and if Mia beats NE we fall to the 6th and get Pit on the road....that's obviously the one we want the least, but i'd welcome the challenge.

Your Denver hatred is borderline pathological. I don't think my girlfriend cheating on me would cause me as much hate as you have for Denver.
mayanfootball

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we'd still be the #2 seed if we'd have beat Tennessee who just lost to Jacksonville (whaaaaat?). Andy had to be woke up by Travis Kelce to his bland play calling for us to whup Denver.
Denver may be too weak now to beat Oakland. I don't know. But KC's fate lies in others hands. Chiefs deserve a Bye and a home game. But the NFL world won't take KC seriously unless they play in the Super Bowl, which means beating everyone else to get there, however it's done.
3rivers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am hoping we can KO the pats, but if you do then so be it Laughing Of all the years, this might be the year the pats don't make the AFCCG , but wait and see.

Any news on how Houston's knee is going to be in a few weeks? That could be the deciding factor .

This playoff season is going to be a good one. I just want the teams to be healthy and have good refs and have the best teams win.
chiefs82

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
I am hoping we can KO the pats, but if you do then so be it Laughing Of all the years, this might be the year the pats don't make the AFCCG , but wait and see.

Any news on how Houston's knee is going to be in a few weeks? That could be the deciding factor .

This playoff season is going to be a good one. I just want the teams to be healthy and have good refs and have the best teams win.

That's a major reason why KC wants the 2 seed. You get to rest Houston another week instead of possibly playing him an extra week

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:68/Sacks:22/FF:4
3rivers

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiefs82 wrote:
3rivers wrote:

That's a major reason why KC wants the 2 seed. You get to rest Houston another week instead of possibly playing him an extra week

what's the problem with his knee? It's the one that had surgery, is there recent damage that caused the swelling? If he rests this week, then has the bye, will he be near 100% ? I haven't seen details of the knee , and it isn't mentioned that much for some reason. Cheifs have a stealth medical crew Shame on you
chiefs82

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:
3rivers wrote:

what's the problem with his knee? It's the one that had surgery, is there recent damage that caused the swelling? If he rests this week, then has the bye, will he be near 100% ? I haven't seen details of the knee , and it isn't mentioned that much for some reason. Cheifs have a stealth medical crew Shame on you

Quote:
On Justin Houston, Reid said his knee is sore. Wanted to let him rest.

Quote:
The Chiefs are taking the Justin Houston injury day by day. Reid says they’ll just see. “I know how these things work,” he said.

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:68/Sacks:22/FF:4
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last few games KC has been ahead:

14-0 Den
14-0 Ten
21-3 Oak
27-16 Atl
9-0 Den

If this Denver game was a sign they know how to close a game...

Your Denver hatred is borderline pathological. I don't think my girlfriend cheating on me would cause me as much hate as you have for Denver.
MasterLee

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hard pressed to see Broncos beating the Raiders right now. But fingers crossed. (And assuming we beat the Chargers.) At least we'd be guaranteed to make the second week of the playoffs. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: