Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

did you know deron cherry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
valkrei

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: did you know deron cherry Reply with quote

24. Deron Cherry, DB, Rutgers
Signed by: Kansas City Chiefs
First year: 1981
NFL seasons: 11
Pro Bowls: 6
All-Pro selections: 3
Notes: Always had great ball skills, finishing with 50 career interceptions; currently minority owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars.

I had no idea he was still involved in football.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
jimmydee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val, absolutely. He and Lloyd Burris, Chiefs Strong Safety, and Albert Lewis, CB, were among many of the Chiefs who frequented my restaurant in Lee's Summit, a suburb of KC. A pure gentleman, excellent business man, and very intelligent footbll player.

Not at all rprised with the success he has had away from football. I think he originally tried out with the Chiefs as a punter, of all things. Then bulked up and worked on his speed to become the best Safety, in my mind, the Chiefs ever had.

Not as close a friend as Lloyd, Bill Mass, and Bill Kenny, but a friend never the less.
KCWolf1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's actually a pretty good family friend of ours. Real nice guy. Smokin' hot girlfriend, too. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: