Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

An attempt at recovering from this pick, day 2 mock
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:55 pm    Post subject: An attempt at recovering from this pick, day 2 mock Reply with quote

As you are all obviously aware, I'm not a fan of this pick of floyd. So before push myself off this ledge, I'm making a mock so I know that not all is lost.

1. Leonard Floyd - my thoughts are apparent.
2. A'Shawn Robinson, DE - Had butler until Carolina took him, Reed will likely be gone by here but Robinson is a very good fit and has potential to grow as a pass rusher, immediate upgrade as a run defender.
3. Justin Simmons, SS - Fantastic leader, great talent, great fit.
4 (from NE). Jerrell Adams TE - Talented but raw
5. James Bradberry, CB - Great physical tools, needs coaching
6. Avery Young OT
6. Tra Carson RB
7. Nate Sudfeld QB

Tyty wrote:
Your bloodline is ok tank
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard for me to judge this. A very good amount of you guys are eating dust. Robinson was a 2nd-3rd round prospect all along.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear- KYLE FULLER, CB
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Hard for me to judge this. A very good amount of you guys are eating dust. Robinson was a 2nd-3rd round prospect all along.

When I have more time I'll find a pic of a cookie to post for you.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to come to the middle on the Floyd pick. The guy has rare athletic ability and he is coming to a team with elite defensive coaches that specialize in developing OLBs.

The draft is solid, the remaining DL talent is pretty impressive. The Bears should take advantage.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:

I'm glad that you're glad that you were right about A'Shawn Robinson's draft position. I'm not sure I understand your level of satisfaction over a "victory" in something so innocuous though. What does it matter? I don't care any more that you were right than I do that I was wrong, and I don't care that I was wrong at all. My feelings on it would be the exact same had Robinson been drafted in the top 15 and the roles had been reversed too. What's the value in trying to turn it into something contentious? Accept your "victory" for what it is - to try to turn it into a pissing contest only cheapens it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:

We all had come to the consensus long ago that Robinson wasn't a value at 11, and very few people were.

Tyty wrote:
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
You need to come to the middle on the Floyd pick. The guy has rare athletic ability and he is coming to a team with elite defensive coaches that specialize in developing OLBs.

The draft is solid, the remaining DL talent is pretty impressive. The Bears should take advantage.

I'm not going to come to the middle on a prospect I've hated throughout the entire process just because the bears took him.

Tyty wrote:
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

I'm not going to come to the middle on a prospect I've hated throughout the entire process just because the bears took him.

When multiple NFL teams tell you a guy is a top 10 talent, it may be time to reassess your own assessment.

I don't love Floyd, I didn't love Floyd through the process, but I totally understand why NFL teams do.

Floyd isn't a finished product, that is why it is difficult for us to understand. But the Bears know what they have in Fangio and they know what they have in their strength and conditioning.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

When multiple NFL teams tell you a guy is a top 10 talent, it may be time to reassess your own assessment.

I don't love Floyd, I didn't love Floyd through the process, but I totally understand why NFL teams do.

Floyd isn't a finished product, that is why it is difficult for us to understand. But the Bears know what they have in Fangio and they know what they have in their strength and conditioning.

This. I'll get angry and throw my pencil - but at the end of the day I've got 5% of the information that pro scouting departments do. I'm going to put my trust in the track records of Fox/Fangio on this one.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Yeah, just like multiple teams were into Barkevious Mingo. Teams aren't infallible, and Pace and co aren't any different.

Also don't forget, the team that was desperately trying to take him decided to settle on Eli Apple to round out the top 10. Doesn't sound like a team that has a solid plan.

Tyty wrote:
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Yeah, just like multiple teams were into Barkevious Mingo. Teams aren't infallible, and Pace and co aren't any different.

Also don't forget, the team that was desperately trying to take him decided to settle on Eli Apple to round out the top 10. Doesn't sound like a team that has a solid plan.

It sounds like a team that panicked when there top 2 choices got stolen from them by trade ups.

As Mud said we have 5% of the information.

I am sure that Vic Fangio ran Floyd through extensive OLB drills at his visit/workout. He probably spend an hour assessing what he thought he could become. I will defer to that.
G08

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who are the threats to take DL in front of us in round 2?
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to just blindly like a pick just because the bears took him. I've said throughout this entire process that he has great explosion but I didn't think it was going to translate to the NFL at his size. I accept that that is who Fox and Fangio wanted, but I don't blindly give them credit for picks I don't linke. I desperately hope he turns out well, but I really struggle to see it. If they do well the rest of the draft they can make up for it, but Floyd's athletic gifts don't impress me enough to make me think he'll be worth what we just put up for him.

Tyty wrote:
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

This. I'll get angry and throw my pencil - but at the end of the day I've got 5% of the information that pro scouting departments do. I'm going to put my trust in the track records of Fox/Fangio on this one.

This is the way to go about it. I admit I don't watch anywhere near as much of these players as some of you do so I get on board with most picks (even though I thought McClellin was a bloody weird one) as I just don't see the point of being really negative about the player we're building our future around. Unless in a couple of years he turns out to be a massive bust, then screw you Pacey.
2015 Adopt-a-Bear: P #16 Pat O'Donnell
Punts: 70 || Average: 44.2 || Long: 72 || Inside 20: 28
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
I'm not going to just blindly like a pick just because the bears took him. I've said throughout this entire process that he has great explosion but I didn't think it was going to translate to the NFL at his size. I accept that that is who Fox and Fangio wanted, but I don't blindly give them credit for picks I don't linke. I desperately hope he turns out well, but I really struggle to see it. If they do well the rest of the draft they can make up for it, but Floyd's athletic gifts don't impress me enough to make me think he'll be worth what we just put up for him.

Not asking you to blindly love the pick, but I am asking you to not blindly hate the pick.

Lots of positive is evidence.

Who did you want?

Last edited by WindyCity on Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:10 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: