Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What I would do vs. What Bears do
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dll2000

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:21 am    Post subject: What I would do vs. What Bears do Reply with quote

Thought I would post what I would have done in Bears place versus what Bears do throughout draft.

Unfortunately I won't be able to do trades because no real partners, but I can invalidate Bears trades.

I'll do it in real time with draft as much as possible. Will be traveling next couple of days.

Feel free to join me and post what you would have done and why. Or rip me. Whatever.

First pick. Tunsil.

I DO NOT trade up, I stay at 11 keeping our 4th round pick.

Just like in my PJSDN mock draft strategy I am hoping for Hargeaves and will settle for Conklin.

I too covet 3-4 pass rusher, but I am planning to target Victor Ochi later in draft who is better pass rusher right now than Flyoyd and has just as much potential.

Whoa, Tunsil falls in my lap because of an old Marajuana video. This is not hindsight I knew it was old at time of pick through Twitter posts. Bears have Twitter I presume.

I sprint to podium and take one of top 3 prospects in entire draft at 11. My oline is instantly better and we land one of hardest positions to find in the NFL. It's Warren Sapp part deux.
DaMike

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would've stayed at 11 and taken Tunsil.
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
I would've stayed at 11 and taken Tunsil.

Regardless if at 9 or 11, I would have taken Tunsil.
blkwdw13

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think it's obvious that the Bears will not take a chance on a player with character concerns.
G08

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blkwdw13 wrote:
Well I think it's obvious that the Bears will not take a chance on a player with character concerns.

Bingo.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
blkwdw13 wrote:

Bingo.

I think the majority of teams are starting to go that way.
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
G08 wrote:
blkwdw13 wrote:

Bingo.

Does Alexander have character concerns? I mean, he's never done anything dumb, but they say he pretty much gets along with nobody
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
G08 wrote:
blkwdw13 wrote:

Bingo.

Does Alexander have character concerns? I mean, he's never done anything dumb, but they say he pretty much gets along with nobody

Nothing illegal...some say he has an attitude...you see that on the field but maybe he has to learn to tone it down off it.
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
G08 wrote:
blkwdw13 wrote:

Bingo.

Nothing illegal...some say he has an attitude...you see that on the field but maybe he has to learn to tone it down off it.

It was more rhetorical, but yes I agree. I wonder if that's fine in Pace's book. I hope so, because the Bears could use a prick on defense
dll2000

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traveling with the kids. Not going to be able to keep up with this.

Hearing lots of trades on radio.

Will revisit later.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
G08 wrote:
blkwdw13 wrote:

Bingo.

There is such a disparity from jumping off buildings, wanting Panthers, failing drug tests, to someone who is vocal during games.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear- KYLE FULLER, CB
Sugashane

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turning down Tunsil would have been very difficult for me, but if he has more than the old pot issue then I could look elsewhere. It really depends on if the lawsuit from his stepfather has real weight behind it.

I think I would have went with Jack still (barring medical failings). As a first he would have had an extra year option, taking some of the scare away for a future issue to me.

Adopt a Bear - Kyle Long
dll2000

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. I am in motel lobby and kids and wife are sleeping. Can post thoughts now. Will be driving most of day later.

Enjoying many of Bears posts.

First my strategy going in as stated before draft elsewhere would have been to trade down for Spriggs.

But I have no NFL GMs to call and make deals with so I can't make that trade.

I have already posted I take Tunsil at 11. My next target would have been Chris Jones, but KC got him before me.

With my 2nd pick I take Mackensie Alexander, though I am concerned with his size and hamstring issues. He was lock down in space. Nobody even threw at him in college. Good value here.

With my 3rd pick I take Adophus Washington whom I like a little better than Bullard whom I also like. Washington is a great pass rusher and uses his hands way better than Bullard.

I was targeting Hooper and may regret not taking him. But Washington is too good to pass.

Good guards are nice, but they aren't that hard to find and it was a position of relative strength for the Bears. Good OTs are very hard to find. If NE or Carolina had good OTs they might have won SB last year. If Denver had good OTs they don't get blown out in Super Bowl against Seattle and might have won.

Good corners are hard to find as well.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Butterfly effect. After you change the #9 pick - there's no way of knowing who would be available. This is an excercise in idiocy.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
dll2000

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I have:

1) Tunsil
2) Alexander
3) Washington

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: