Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A Little Something About Your Fellow Posters, Volume II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CBears019

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at that site and it looks like they've all decided on a different site to go ahead and migrate to. They apparently didn't feel "welcomed" enough here (I told AZ to get the red carpet for them....), so whatever. Doesn't look like we'll have to worry about a large influx of new posters anytime soon.

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
HuskieBear

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
I looked at that site and it looks like they've all decided on a different site to go ahead and migrate to. They apparently didn't feel "welcomed" enough here (I told AZ to get the red carpet for them....), so whatever. Doesn't look like we'll have to worry about a large influx of new posters anytime soon.

While i kinda get where they are coming from, at the same time i wouldn't say there was anything that we did that should have upset them. Only 2 of them posted anything, we said welcome, glad to have you. yes, their original thread was locked, but it also said just move the conversation to the welcome and introduce yourself thread. its not like we said they can't let people know who they are.
ForteOz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They locked our thread violating multiple forum rules we obviously didn't bother to read.
Let's take our ball and go home guys...
CBears019

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^

Yeah I wouldn't sweat it. They're more than welcome to join this forum, obviously, but if they don't want to be a part of it then so be it.

AZBearsFan wrote:

beareezyfaneezy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't that the thread was locked, it was the manner in which it was handled.

I get the whole promotion of another forum deal, but it is kind of hard to promote a forum that is closing. All they were saying is that is where they were and now they were looking at coming here.

Most boards welcome an influx of new posters to add some new blood and fresh ideas, but apparently that isn't the case here.
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beareezyfaneezy wrote:
It wasn't that the thread was locked, it was the manner in which it was handled.

I get the whole promotion of another forum deal, but it is kind of hard to promote a forum that is closing. All they were saying is that is where they were and now they were looking at coming here.

Most boards welcome an influx of new posters to add some new blood and fresh ideas, but apparently that isn't the case here.

Blind, or stupid?

SLCBear wrote:

Welcome!
Go Bears

chisoxguy7 wrote:

Welcome!

I can't speak for everyone, but I personally am incredibly excited at the idea of some new faces around here.

I'm sure your members are well-seasoned, but if not, there are a few things to be aware of:

Forum Rules

Get to know your Fellow Posters!

New Posters/Forum Experience Tips and Tricks

Again, welcome to the board, I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have, and I'm sure our wonderful mods CBears019 and AZBearsFan would do the same.

Bear down!

Pool wrote:

There's a name I haven't seen for a loooooooooong time. What up Mouse!

In one day, you had three different people post in that thread welcoming you to the board. If you look at the thread we're currently posting in, you can see there are huge gaps between posts. This isn't really a forum where people go out of their way to say hello, but that doesn't say a thing about our members. The people who post on this board are not only some of the most die-hard Bears fans, but also some of the most knowledgeable.

I apologize on the behalf of everyone here that you weren't greeted with hugs and a cheese platter on the way in. We just talk Bears football. It's what we're good at.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beareezyfaneezy wrote:

Pretty much made my point. If that's what ran you guys off then this clearly isnt the forum for you. Sensitivity like that not only on the internet but on here wont get you far.

^^ props to LBC on the sig Smile
CBears019

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beareezyfaneezy wrote:

While that forum may be closing, it was still open and active as of this morning, so that's why I shut it down. I even PMed mikefive explaining myself. He didn't necessarily agree with my reasoning, but I guess you could say that we agreed to disagree. He later PMed me asking about mock drafts/offseasons and I explained to him about how the entire site here does a real in-depth mock offseason with free agency, trades, drafts etc. with representatives form each team sub-forum acting as that team's front office.

We'd be more than happy to have more posters on this site. If you give it a shot, I think you'll realize that FootballsFuture is a great site with a lot of very knowledgeable posters. The forum may seem a bit dead right now, but that's only because it's still preseason. Once real games get started you'll see a lot more activity around here.

If you stick around here and decide you really don't like posting here, then fine. But I don't think this site should be written off essentially over a thread being closed.

AZBearsFan wrote:

beareezyfaneezy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I am not worried about what carpet was rolled out.

I was just giving you the perspective of a group of posters I've been posting with for a number of years.

You guys should realize how message board groups go, they post together for a long time, get to 'know' each other and then are very apprehensive when they are forced to move to another forum.
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
beareezyfaneezy wrote:

Blind, or stupid?

SLCBear wrote:

Welcome!
Go Bears

chisoxguy7 wrote:

Welcome!

I can't speak for everyone, but I personally am incredibly excited at the idea of some new faces around here.

I'm sure your members are well-seasoned, but if not, there are a few things to be aware of:

Forum Rules

Again, welcome to the board, I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have, and I'm sure our wonderful mods CBears019 and AZBearsFan would do the same.

Bear down!

Pool wrote:

In one day, you had three different people post in that thread welcoming you to the board. If you look at the thread we're currently posting in, you can see there are huge gaps between posts. This isn't really a forum where people go out of their way to say hello, but that doesn't say a thing about our members. The people who post on this board are not only some of the most die-hard Bears fans, but also some of the most knowledgeable.

I apologize on the behalf of everyone here that you weren't greeted with hugs and a cheese platter on the way in. We just talk Bears football. It's what we're good at.

And what some of us are average at.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
beareezyfaneezy wrote:

Blind, or stupid?

SLCBear wrote:

Welcome!
Go Bears

chisoxguy7 wrote:

Welcome!

Forum Rules

Bear down!

Pool wrote:

And what some of us are average at.

Others are just present some of the time Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beareezyfaneezy wrote:
Personally, I am not worried about what carpet was rolled out.

I was just giving you the perspective of a group of posters I've been posting with for a number of years.

You guys should realize how message board groups go, they post together for a long time, get to 'know' each other and then are very apprehensive when they are forced to move to another forum.

Lets stop steering away from the point. Its still ridiculous that they ran away because of what happened with their thread. If they want to come back here cool....if not that's fine too.

^^ props to LBC on the sig Smile
BruceWayne84

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ballard Bowles Koetter and Norton ( or whoever he brings over) I like this administration
BruceWayne84

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I dont quite understand why we are waiting to interview Ballard on wednesday, But apparently we are his fist interview. Lets get him signed before he leaves the building
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BruceWayne84 wrote:
Also I dont quite understand why we are waiting to interview Ballard on wednesday, But apparently we are his fist interview. Lets get him signed before he leaves the building

It's going to happen, essentially writing on the wall... I can't help but ask, were you once a Colts fan? That may be the single most scaring game I've ever witnesses as a Bears fan.

BEARS----BULLS----DODGERS----KINGS--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: