Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

**OTHER BRONCOS DRAFT NEEDS**

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST NEED FOR THE BRONCOS THIS UPCOMING DRAFT
WR
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
CB/S
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
OL
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
DT
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
TE
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

onemoreyearfor4

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: **OTHER BRONCOS DRAFT NEEDS** Reply with quote

IM DOING A GM DRAFT FOR THE DENVER BRONCOS (as well as the packers)
BUT I WAS WONDERING:

MOST EVERYONE SAYS THAT THIER MAIN NEEDS ARE SAFETY, D TACKLE, O-LINE, AND WIDE RECIVER

BUT I WAS WONDERING IF YOU THOUGHT TIGHT END OR CORNERBACK (on the other side of champ) ARE ALSO NEEDS THAT COULD BE ADDRESSED EARLY IN THE DRAFT SUCH AS 2ND OR 3RD ROUND.

IM THINKING SANTONIO WITH THE 22ND PICK AND THEN KO SIMPSON WITH THE 31ST IF HE IS STILL THERE

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK AS I DON'T KNOW A LOT ABOUT THE BRONCOS AND GOOD LUCK IN THE PLAYOFFS---KICK SOME PATRIOT [inappropriate/removed]![/u]
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

safety, d-line (not just DT), o-line and receiver are our primary needs. absolutely no corners! we drafted 3 last year and i think lightning struck because it looks like all 3 might work out. especially darrent williams and dom foxworth. they are our 2nd and 3rd corners for the next few years. santonio holmes and ko simpson would be a very good first round, but i think i would look for a great value at OT or DL with the first pick and maybe hank baskett in the second.
onemoreyearfor4

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan_101 wrote:
safety, d-line (not just DT), o-line and receiver are our primary needs. absolutely no corners! we drafted 3 last year and i think lightning struck because it looks like all 3 might work out. especially darrent williams and dom foxworth. they are our 2nd and 3rd corners for the next few years. santonio holmes and ko simpson would be a very good first round, but i think i would look for a great value at OT or DL with the first pick and maybe hank baskett in the second.

SUCH AS A JONATHAN SCOTT OR DARYN COLLEDGE AND AS FOR DL I THINK A GOOD STEAL THERE WOULD BE BRODRICK BUNKLEY OR CLAUDE WROTEN?
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onemoreyearfor4 wrote:
SUCH AS A JONATHAN SCOTT OR DARYN COLLEDGE AND AS FOR DL I THINK A GOOD STEAL THERE WOULD BE BRODRICK BUNKLEY OR CLAUDE WROTEN?

jon scott would be a dream. colledge would only be picked really late in the first, like with our second pick. bunkley is a good pick but with wroten's drug problem, he might slip to the second day. don't think about him until the third round.
jmo9585

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the Broncos have a few needs (not necessarily right now, but certainly in the near future).

- a center to replace Nalen
- a safety to replace Lynch
- a kicker to replace Elam
- a punter to replace Sauerbrun

They should replace these guys in the next couple seasons, since they're all in their mid to late 30's. If they don't like anybody in the draft at these positions, then they should trade some picks to get replacements for these guys, although I think that they should wait and replace Elam with Colorado's Mason Crosby when he enters the draft. Other than that, they should trade a pick or two to get an established veteran WR to replace Rod Smith, 'cause he's also gettin' old.

On another note, I looked at the Broncos roster (http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=396) and was surprised to see how few guys are in their 30's (only 14 out of 70 - including practice squad, injured, etc.).

BTW, onemoreyearfor4, thanks for the good luck wishes. I personally can't wait to see the Broncos kick some Patriot @$$!!!
Chris

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These guys have nailed the needs pretty well. In my personal opinion, I think that safety and defensive line are our biggest needs. However, the guys down in Dove Valley (Broncos Headquarters) seem to think wide receiver is. It's being speculated that the Broncos are looking to upgrade at WR, OL and DL on the first day of the draft. So perhaps you can model your draft after that.

I did a mock draft in our forum and perhaps you can look at that for an idea of what to do! Smile

Yeah, awesome cool! Denver Broncos rock the world!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: