Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers @ Colts AFC Divisional Round
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
azazaz7

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:
I blame coaching on this lost today, resting players for 1 month just was too long and they should of played all there starters like it was a regular game until at least week 17.

I think you're being a bit harsh on Tony Dungy. Last year the Eagles rested all their key players and still made it to the Super Bowl. The Colts just ran into a hot team with a lot of momentum today.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Colts' offense is clearly vulnerable against teams that operate out of a 3-4 base. I'm not sure how they can address this, but I think there's clearly a deficiency in pass protection against blitzing linebackers.

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
Fiat2005

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Dungy has had teams the past 3 years that were capable of going to the Super Bowl and it never happens. This is why the Glazers ran him out of Tampa, they felt he wasn't capable of winning the big game.
pinche

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How amazing that the Steelers AND the refs tried ti give Indy the game in the final 5 minutes and they still couldnt take advantage of the gifts. Maybe Peyton is his fathers version of the post-season. Or maybe he is one of those players who simply chokes under presure situations. I personally expected a Colts blowout, and that was without considering stupid mistakes by Pittsburg and the apparent payoff of the refs on that non-interception.
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:
I blame coaching on this lost today, resting players for 1 month just was too long and they should of played all there starters like it was a regular game until at least week 17

You can find pros and cons to both situations, you sit guys out and the play rusty when they do play, or you play everyone and a key guy or two gets hurt.

Week 16 they rest starters after 1 quarter,
Week 17 rested after 1 series

I would have prefered playing until halftime in both situations but then again Manning took a pretty good hit, I believe in week 17, and everybody was starting to question the playing time
pinche wrote:
How amazing that the Steelers AND the refs tried ti give Indy the game in the final 5 minutes and they still couldnt take advantage of the gifts

How amazing that Bob Sanders got called for a face mask when Hines Ward was also grabbing his face mask and that wasn't called, there was no favoritism, the one Polamalu questionable INT was an INT the first one that was reviewed wasn't, one bad call we all know it
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
Vikes need a RB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow u gotta feel bad for dungy though. I blame Manning and the O'Line. His passes werent pretty at all, and the o line wasnt helping .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: