Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ask Anything Thread 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Virginia Viking

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDBrocks wrote:
My honeymoon is an Alaskan Cruise leaving from Seattle, stopping in Tracy Arm Fjord, Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan, and Victoria BC.

Any suggestions on fun things to do whilein port, or has anyone been on an Alaskan cruise like this? Many of the suggestions they have for things to do on shore seem either WAY overpriced, or uninteresting Laughing

JD, my wife and I spent our 25th anniversary on an Alaskan cruise. It was great. My one suggestion would be to take an excursion to Denali National Park and too spend as much time there as possible. It's a breathtaking piece of land!! Enjoy. What cruise line are you using? We went Royal Carribean.
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virginia Viking wrote:
JDBrocks wrote:
My honeymoon is an Alaskan Cruise leaving from Seattle, stopping in Tracy Arm Fjord, Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan, and Victoria BC.

Any suggestions on fun things to do whilein port, or has anyone been on an Alaskan cruise like this? Many of the suggestions they have for things to do on shore seem either WAY overpriced, or uninteresting Laughing

JD, my wife and I spent our 25th anniversary on an Alaskan cruise. It was great. My one suggestion would be to take an excursion to Denali National Park and too spend as much time there as possible. It's a breathtaking piece of land!! Enjoy. What cruise line are you using? We went Royal Carribean.

We booked Carnival. I don't think we'll make it far enough North, but that is one of the places I've always wanted to visit. I'm an "outdoorsman" and I've never taken a relaxing vacation. Everywhere I've ever gone has been to national or state parks, so this should prove interesting Laughing

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

has anyone seen the movie Avatar?

Is it good? There seems to be many mixed opinions of it and I'm not sure If I'm gonna buy it.

Bright and Happy days are coming to the Minnesota Vikings very soon.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDBrocks wrote:

i've done that travel before, having worked in Ketchikan. it's very interesting as you'll be on a ship the size of a small town but traveling through fjords basically with such deep water and sharp vertical cliffs that you can throw a rock to shore at times. you'll meet a lot of people on the boat too.

as far as fun things in towns to do that don't cost money, just walking through the downtowns is fun and hitting the cafes and shops. some are junk, and some are high quality, as you would expect.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
sportskid_021

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:

Is it good? There seems to be many mixed opinions of it and I'm not sure If I'm gonna buy it.

IMO its a modern day version of Pocahontas and I would wait for the DVD/Blue Ray with the special features and such that I heard was coming out around X-Mas time...

"There's only one Tree Hill, and it's your home." ~ 2003-2012
El Raymundo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDBrocks wrote:
Posted this in the TAST forum but:

I've just recently started drinking wine as I think my taste has matured enough to appreciate it. I really enjoy Cabernet Sauvignon and Chiantes. I'm not as much of a fan of white wines either.

What's the best bottle of wine you've ever had?

The most expensive?

Food pairing tips?

Suggestions on good wine that is NOT expensive?

For me, the best bottle I've ever had was my fiance's uncle's. He has a wine cellar in his basement and it's full of magnum bottles of really expensive wine. He brought out a bottle of Caymus special selection Cabernet Sauvignon. It was the best tasting wine. Also the most expensive. I'm glad I didn't buy it at $119 a bottle

As far as good inexpensive wine, I really like Concha y Toro's Frontera wines. The Cabernet/Merlot blend is very good, and it comes in Magnum size bottles for about $8-$9 a bottle, although you can buy it at Costco for like $6.49 a bottle or something like that.

Any input anyone has would be great!

I'm a scotch man, but my wife likes wine and she swears by this book...and she's a hell of a cook and 100% foodie. Smile

http://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Pairings-Sommeliers-Practical-Partnering/dp/0520243773

"Live as brave men; and if Fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -- Cicero
El Raymundo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
JDBrocks wrote:

i've done that travel before, having worked in Ketchikan. it's very interesting as you'll be on a ship the size of a small town but traveling through fjords basically with such deep water and sharp vertical cliffs that you can throw a rock to shore at times. you'll meet a lot of people on the boat too.

as far as fun things in towns to do that don't cost money, just walking through the downtowns is fun and hitting the cafes and shops. some are junk, and some are high quality, as you would expect.

When did you work in Ketchikan? I worked there too. Smile

I forget if its in Haines or Skagway, but the Magic Forest (or maybe it was the Enchanted Forest?) was very nice hiking. And there's always the Chilkoot Pass if you have a few days. Smile

"Live as brave men; and if Fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -- Cicero
[UMN]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchikan is a cool place, I've gone up there a couple times to go fishing.

It is funny to see two or three huge cruise ships parked in front of such a small town though.
El Raymundo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:

Avatar is a gorgeously rednered mash-up of every myth from the Greeks to the Aztecs to the Norse to the Mayans to the Native Americans to Lord of the Rings.

vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Raymundo wrote:
When did you work in Ketchikan? I worked there too. Smile

let's see... um... early 80's.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
jpc12716

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:

I thought it was very good. Plus the Scenery was Amazing.
MLB- Atlanta Braves
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Raymundo wrote:
JDBrocks wrote:

I've just recently started drinking wine as I think my taste has matured enough to appreciate it. I really enjoy Cabernet Sauvignon and Chiantes. I'm not as much of a fan of white wines either.

The most expensive?

Food pairing tips?

For me, the best bottle I've ever had was my fiance's uncle's. He has a wine cellar in his basement and it's full of magnum bottles of really expensive wine. He brought out a bottle of Caymus special selection Cabernet Sauvignon. It was the best tasting wine. Also the most expensive. I'm glad I didn't buy it at $119 a bottle

As far as good inexpensive wine, I really like Concha y Toro's Frontera wines. The Cabernet/Merlot blend is very good, and it comes in Magnum size bottles for about $8-$9 a bottle, although you can buy it at Costco for like $6.49 a bottle or something like that.

I'm a scotch man, but my wife likes wine and she swears by this book...and she's a hell of a cook and 100% foodie. Smile

http://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Pairings-Sommeliers-Practical-Partnering/dp/0520243773

I also enjoy a good single malt.

My favorite thus far is The Glenlivet Nadura... so warm, smooth...

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
Purplexing

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
i rarely use pencils.

I prefer crayons. Don't you?

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all.
Purplexing

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDBrocks wrote:

While at Victoria, BC, try afternoon high tea at the Empress Hotel, ca 3 pm. Don't forget the 'cucumber sannies'. Earlier, or later, a visit to the Butchart Gardens will appease the wife.

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all.
El Raymundo

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDBrocks wrote:
El Raymundo wrote:
JDBrocks wrote:

The most expensive?

Food pairing tips?

I also enjoy a good single malt.

My favorite thus far is The Glenlivet Nadura... so warm, smooth...

Hmmm...haven't tried that one, but I'm not a big fan of the Glenlivet, Glenfiddych, etc lineup. Try these:

Talisker, Lagavulin. Talisker is the less expensive bottle and the one I prefer in a VERY close race. But in my mind, they kill all the Glens. Wink

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 3 of 100

Jump to: