Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2003: Great Draft..... 2004: Bad Draft..... 2005: ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hollywood14

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: 2003: Great Draft..... 2004: Bad Draft..... 2005: ??? Reply with quote

In 2003 our Draft was just amazing

In 2004 we had Vince Wilfork (great) Ben Watson (hurt) Marquise Hill (none factor) Guss Scott (hurt) Dexter Reid (great) Cedric Cobbs (hurt/none factor) PK Sam (hurt) Christian Morton (cut) Randall Gay (amazing) I think that wasa bad draft for this year but i do see great poeitnal out of these hurt players Guss Scott and Ben Watson

In 2005 do you think we will have a great draft? I say NO the only reason I say this is because we have no needs on day 2 we will be picking players on the bench. This is how i see it:

1. CB (2nd string)
2. LB (min. playing time)
3. OG (min playing time)
4. OT (2nd string)
5. WR (min. playing time)
6. QB (never plays)
7. RB (never plays)

So I only see our 1st round CB being a factor but with injurys our other guys can step in..but again I only say this Draft will not be Great because we don't have much needs.

Jgoldiscool on the sig
GeorgiaBoy367

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need drafts can be great because you can pick up guys that are projects and turn them into stars. You dont need to come away with right away starters from the draft. 31 other teams do. With bellichek or however you spell it is doing the draft count on a couple of guys you say HUH. And then watch them be stars in 2-3 years
andrew91

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think we can have a fairly productive draft this year, but this year is gonna be a rebuilding year, you might not see all the players as stars, but in 7-9 years, X likebacker will be Teddy Bruchi for that team. We are gonna grab a starter in round one and draft for upside in the next rounds.
Well, alteast thats how I feel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think it was a bad draft when you get Wilfork, Watson, Gay and Cedric Cobbs? It's a good thing you're not a Bengals fan, you'd have killed yourself a long time ago. That's three starters and Cobbs could be if it works out for him. Don't think you need high draft picks to have an awesome draft. I once heard a story about some sixth round draft pick who went on to win three Super Bowl's in four years. You get great depth and then when they get experience you can cut veterans and replace then with guys who have experience. Haven't you ever played Madden?
clownworth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that 2003 was probably one of the best draft classes that any team has evre had. And I still think that there will be some more stars out of that class. Klecko (already a cult hero) who was hurt most of this past year will come back and make the complete transition to inside linebacker. And then there Tully Banta-Cain who I dont think has reached his full potential.

As for last years I think there there will be around 5 people who stick with the team for a while and contribute a great amount in a couple of years. I dont see Cobbs doing anything in the near future with Dillion and Faulk still around. Considering he still has a lot of development to do.

This year I see them getting a #2 corner, an O-Lineman, and MAYBE a FB (I say this because Bellichek always throws a curveball during the draft i.e. Watson last year) that will contribute immediately. They'll build for the future with younger linebackers and also pick up a back up qb for the second year in a row.
GulfBayWarriors

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the Pats 2004 draft was pretty good. Watson i thought looked very good, Gay was a surprise. Sam might be good. So i think it was pretty good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: