Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Looking for Insights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Looking for Insights Reply with quote

Posted this in every team's forum for a project I'm working on, but figured I'd post it here and see if I could fill it out myself while getting everyone elses thoughts.

Quote:
Working on a project, and could use some help from you guys. I'm going to include a questionaire below, if as many as possible could fill it out and share as much detail as possible, it'd be greatly appreciated.

• Tell me about your Head Coach, his philosophies, and his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?
  • Tell me bout your Offensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?
  • What offensive scheme do you follow in the run, pass and blocking game? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?
  • Tell me about your Defensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What do most people not know about him? What are his tendencies? etc.
  • What Defensive Scheme do you follow in the front 7 as wel as in coverage? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?
  • When drafting, how important is character?
  • During the draft, how active in the past have you been in trades?
  • Looking at your current roster, who are the up and comers? Who are future starters? Who is starting but shouldn't? Who is tradeable and their value? Who is a lifer?
  • During the offseason, how active in the past have you been at trading for veterans?
  • What has been the downfall of your team recently?
  • Where are your largest holes this offseason?
  • What are your biggest strengths this offseason?
  • What will it take for you to win a championship?

I appreciate each and every reply that I receive and promise that this information will be put to very good use in the very near future. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask - I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and try to reply ASAP.

Sig courtesy of mack.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

• Tell me about your Head Coach, his philosophies, and his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?

Wade Phillips is a calm, low key guy who is a DC by trade and has a decent history as a HC, specifically in the regular season, but has struggled in the playoffs. Many think he tends to get outcoached and should simply be a DC. So far, he seems to be solid in the war room though and has done a fantastic job of devleoping our defensive talent.

• Tell me bout your Offensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?

Jason Garrett is a student of the Coryell system as a backup QB to Troy Aikman and who worked closely with Norv Turner during his time here. He likes to use the pass to open up the run, will use a lot of 2 TE sets and shotgun draws. Many think he gets away from the run and focuses heavily on the pass, but in 2009 he seemed to stay true and run a very balanced offense.

• What offensive scheme do you follow in the run, pass and blocking game? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?

We run a man-blocking system up front and tend to focus on very large OL. We love pulling guards and typically have atleast one road grader on our line. We run screens often so our tackles need to have some mobility to get out front. We run a passing game that stretches defenses with deep routes and compliments it with several underneath dumpoffs via TE's and Running backs. Our running game focuses alot on putting a body on a body and having the RB use his vision to find the hole. We pull guards and do lots of stunts.

• Tell me about your Defensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What do most people not know about him? What are his tendencies? etc.

See HC

• What Defensive Scheme do you follow in the front 7 as wel as in coverage? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?

We run a 1-gap 3-4 that focuses on penetration and use quick mobile sideline-to-sideline LBers behind them. We typically run our CB's off the WR's and use man coverage with a mix of zone and will switch between 2-deep coverage and 1-deep coverage.

• When drafting, how important is character?

Not so much - we are pretty loose in that aspect but after the house cleansing, we may focus on it more.

• During the draft, how active in the past have you been in trades?

Very
  • Looking at your current roster, who are the up and comers? Who are future starters? Who is starting but shouldn't? Who is tradeable and their value? Who is a lifer?

Up and Coming: Tashard Choice, Doug Free, Martellus Bennett, Kevin Ogletree, Orlando Scandrick
Future Starters: Doug Free, Orlando Scandrick, Kevin Ogletree
Starting but Shouldn't: Flozell Adams, Kyle Kosier, Roy Williams, Ken Hamlin
Trade Block: Spears, Carpenter, Hamlin, Adams, Kosier, Williams
Lifers: Witten, Ware, Romo, etc.
  • During the offseason, how active in the past have you been at trading for veterans?

Pretty active - we have brought in many guys like Roy WIlliams, Leonard Davis, Marc Colombo, etc.
  • What has been the downfall of your team recently?

Focus, Penalties, Lack of Turnovers, Poor Coaching, Poor OL play
  • Where are your largest holes this offseason?

No major holes, but need a new FS, could use interior depth on the OL, and some depth at CB
  • What are your biggest strengths this offseason?

Our 3 CB's are all solid, our 3 RB's are great, our 3 TE's are solid, our QB is Top 6-8 and our OLB's are fantastic
  • What will it take for you to win a championship?

Focus

Sig courtesy of mack.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised nobody else wanted to take a shot at this...

Sig courtesy of mack.
thesickness89

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will post mine tommorow while nursing a hangover

Judgement tiiiiiiiiiiiiiime
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesickness89 wrote:
I will post mine tommorow while nursing a hangover

Haha - looking forward to it

Sig courtesy of mack.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, MH, you should probably ask your anonymous senior bowl scouts and writers to answer theses questions. They proved very reliable in the past. JMHO.

MaddHatter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
You know, MH, you should probably ask your anonymous senior bowl scouts and writers to answer theses questions. They proved very reliable in the past. JMHO.

The cunning insights of the forum's greatest poster - what would we ever do without you Slamm? Please don't ever leave us - we might die from depression

Sig courtesy of mack.
PlayMaker88

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:

Pretty active - we have brought in many guys like Roy WIlliams, Leonard Davis, Marc Colombo, etc.

Of this group, Roydio Williams was the only one to come via trade. The other two were FA acquisitions.

Sig by BQS!!

It's been 4 years, can I call Robert J. Carpenter III a bust now?
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PlayMaker88 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Of this group, Roydio Williams was the only one to come via trade. The other two were FA acquisitions.

Good point - guess I didn't read my own question - haha

Sig courtesy of mack.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one." - Bill Gates

You wanted insight!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: