Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Looking for Insights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Looking for Insights Reply with quote

Working on a project, and could use some help from you guys. I'm going to include a questionaire below, if as many as possible could fill it out and share as much detail as possible, it'd be greatly appreciated.

• Tell me about your Head Coach, his philosophies, and his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?
  • Tell me bout your Offensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?
  • What offensive scheme do you follow in the run, pass and blocking game? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?
  • Tell me about your Defensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What do most people not know about him? What are his tendencies? etc.
  • What Defensive Scheme do you follow in the front 7 as wel as in coverage? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?
  • When drafting, how important is character?
  • During the draft, how active in the past have you been in trades?
  • Looking at your current roster, who are the up and comers? Who are future starters? Who is starting but shouldn't? Who is tradeable and their value? Who is a lifer?
  • During the offseason, how active in the past have you been at trading for veterans?
  • What has been the downfall of your team recently?
  • Where are your largest holes this offseason?
  • What are your biggest strengths this offseason?
  • What will it take for you to win a championship?

I appreciate each and every reply that I receive and promise that this information will be put to very good use in the very near future. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask - I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and try to reply ASAP.

Sig courtesy of mack.
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT - If you don't have anything good to say to one of the site's top members, don't say anything at all. Please refrain from making posts like this in the future. - MOD
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
EDIT

Wow, comments like this are totally unnecessary.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
EDIT

Working on it - in the meantime... Laughing

Sig courtesy of mack.
Apathy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raheem Morris is an aggressive head coach for the most part. He isn't afraid to go for it on certain situations and sometimes gets too aggressive which backfired. In terms of being the head coach of the team of course. He makes dumb challenges though especially when the calls are as clear as day. People probably don't know that he called the Bucs defense the last 6 weeks of the season. Greg Olson is the OC. Can't really get into detail because he's a guy who had to make a NFL playbook 10 days before the season started and had to make plays as weeks progressed. Hell we actually "practiced" offensive plays DURING the games. That's how bad it got. I think we're a hybrid offense with ZBS and man tendencies. More man scheme than anything the guy who brought ZBS got fired so. The DC IS the Head Coach. Base defense is "tampa 2" but Morris is shying away from being predictable EVERY single play under last defensive coordiantors in Jim Bates and Kiffin. Some drives he calls the D were we sit back and drop 8 while in others he isn't afraid to let the dogs loose, so to speak. I've seen him blitz more than 5 guys and get mad results from it. His blitz packages are effective but vulnerable, the defense as whole is better because of that. People don't know Morris was the D-CORD for Kansas State in 2007 where he took a bunch of untalented players produce at a respectable level. I believe that year they ranked the best they ever had that decade when he was there. Morris knows how to disguise coverages well, he's got that down to a T.

I'd say character is important to this team. Active in the trade market, Mark Dominick always looks for ways to improve the team. Downfall? The owners who can't pay the "top" players the money they want: guaranteed money/bonus. Its the reason why we haven't landed a blue chip player since Simeon Rice. Defensive line is the biggest hole and the strength is our LB core, sadly. It'll take at least 5 new GOOD starters(DT, DE, DE, WR, CB) to even think about a championship run.
Cornish

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how to give good insight, but I can predict the future.

The Buccaneers will go 19-0, NFL MVP Josh Freeman will throw 43 TD passes, and run for 11 more.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cornish wrote:
I don't know how to give good insight, but I can predict the future.

The Buccaneers will go 19-0, NFL MVP Josh Freeman will throw 43 TD passes, and run for 11 more.

mind giving me the lotto numbers then Smile

Winning the lottery and that Smile Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Apathy

bucstopshere - I expect a detailed post from you on this subject Wink

Sig courtesy of mack.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell me about your Head Coach, his philosophies, and his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?

Raheem Morris is a young up and coming coach that has been a round football for a long time. Despite being only 33 years old he's been around football and coaching football for nearly 12 years now.

He has learned from one of the best Defensive Coordinators of all time in Monte Kiffen, but he is truly a student of the game. While his background lies in the Tampa-2 he uses pieces of defenses from multiple other philosophies. Here is a nice little breakdown of his philosophy:

Quote:
Morris is a defensive football junkie, watching a ton of tape in the offseason about unorthodox defenses, such as Joe Lee Dunn’s 3-3-5 scheme, the Amoeba defense (which is a floating defensive front) and the Psycho defense (which typically features only one defensive lineman and multiple blitzing linebackers and safeties). Like any defensive coordinator, Morris would love to get to the quarterback by only rushing four defensive linemen, but he knows Tampa Bay doesn’t have the horses upfront to do that consistently. So until those players appear on the Bucs’ roster, expect a pretty liberal use of unorthodox defenses and blitz calls to manufacture pressure........Morris isn’t afraid to dabble in different defenses – and not just in practice. He used some 3-4 fronts and even some two-man fronts on occasion last year during the final six games of the year.

In terms of his style, he's incredibly fiery. He might be the most emotional HC in the league right now. Part of that has to do with his youth, but a lot of that is because of his personality. He's just an energetic guy, and it's not rare to see him celebrating with players when they make a big play. The players really seem to enjoy his approach, and despite such a terrible season, they never quit on him.

It's tough to tell what tendencies he has because he is only a first year coach with limited personnel on defense, but I think we'll get a better idea of those tendencies this year.

When drafting, how important is character?

Not at all IMO. This is a franchise that drafted Warren Sapp, Gaines Adams, Tanard Jackson, and Aqib Talib. All of these players either admitted to using, or tested positive for, mary-jane. We also signed and resigned Jerramy Stevens, and we all know the story about him in college.

During the draft, how active in the past have you been in trades?

Moderately active. Nothing big, but we seem to make subtle moves to move either up or down during the draft.

Looking at your current roster, who are the up and comers? Who are future starters? Who is starting but shouldn't? Who is tradeable and their value? Who is a lifer?

Up and Comers: Geno Hayes, Quincy Black, and Josh Freeman
Future Starters: Roy Miller, and Tim Crowder
Starting, but Shouldn't: Michael Clayton, Chris Hovan, and Ryan Sims
Tradeable: Barrett Ruud (early 2nd round value), and Derrick Ward (4th-5th rounder)
Lifer: Ronde Barber

During the offseason, how active in the past have you been at trading for veterans?

The previous regime loved veterans, but this regime seems to be the exact opposite.

What has been the downfall of your team recently?

Ownership, Coaching, and Leadership. The owners have been unwilling or unable to land top free agents. Coaches have been too predictable, and have been unable to develop young talent. Leadership became an issue once Derrick Brooks left, because we no longer had a voice in the locker room that everyone would listen to.

Where are your largest holes this offseason?

Our Defensive Line and Wide Receiving corps need major, major help.

What are your biggest strengths this offseason?

Draft picks, and LB corps.

What will it take for you to win a championship?

1. We need to really start developing more talent in the draft
2. We need to find owners willing to invest in the team
3. We need to find leaders in the locker room, and on the field.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Thanks Apathy

bucstopshere - I expect a detailed post from you on this subject Wink

I'll get to it on my day off....I don't feel like typing an essay via iPhone Laughing

Drd pretty much summed it up, I'll put it in my own words though

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: