Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Looking for Insights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Looking for Insights Reply with quote

Working on a project, and could use some help from you guys. I'm going to include a questionaire below, if as many as possible could fill it out and share as much detail as possible, it'd be greatly appreciated.

• Tell me about your Head Coach, his philosophies, and his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?
  • Tell me bout your Offensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?
  • What offensive scheme do you follow in the run, pass and blocking game? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?
  • Tell me about your Defensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What do most people not know about him? What are his tendencies? etc.
  • What Defensive Scheme do you follow in the front 7 as wel as in coverage? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?
  • When drafting, how important is character?
  • During the draft, how active in the past have you been in trades?
  • Looking at your current roster, who are the up and comers? Who are future starters? Who is starting but shouldn't? Who is tradeable and their value? Who is a lifer?
  • During the offseason, how active in the past have you been at trading for veterans?
  • What has been the downfall of your team recently?
  • Where are your largest holes this offseason?
  • What are your biggest strengths this offseason?
  • What will it take for you to win a championship?

I appreciate each and every reply that I receive and promise that this information will be put to very good use in the very near future. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask - I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and try to reply ASAP.

Sig courtesy of mack.
hemm68

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Insights Reply with quote

Tall Order ill give her a go.
MaddHatter wrote:
Working on a project, and could use some help from you guys. I'm going to include a questionaire below, if as many as possible could fill it out and share as much detail as possible, it'd be greatly appreciated.

• Tell me about your Head Coach, his philosophies, and his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?

Brad Childress, Came from the eagles camp and is very much like Andy Reid. From what ive noticed he is pretty conservative in how he likes to play football Run the ball lean on a Strong D. He keeps a tightly knit group of guys and is one of those guys that believes he can coach the problems out of alot of problem guys. He does do a very good job at this. Not sure if its him or Rick Spielman But they Tend to draft exclusively BPA (SEE Adrian Peterson, Percy Harvin) over need. This next comment is purely speculation on my part but i also believe Chili has brought over Andy Reids Philosphy of not drafting OL in the first round and focuses more on skill players.
  • Tell me bout your Offensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?
    I dont know enough about the offense to comment on this. He used to coach Brett Favre while he was in green bay.
  • What offensive scheme do you follow in the run, pass and blocking game? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?
    WCO and a ZBS. its a Very Balanced attack and someone who knows more about the offense that i do will comment on it.

• Tell me about your Defensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What do most people not know about him? What are his tendencies? etc.
    Leslie Frazier came from the same Phillidelphia coaching core as Brad Childress. Runs the tampa 2 defense has coached for the colts and was a defensive coordinator for the bengals. He runs a pretty vanilla Tampa 2 relies on his front four to get pressure while relying on the tackling of his secondary. Really started to turn on the blitzes and such in the playoffs and we will have to see if that continues next season.
  • What Defensive Scheme do you follow in the front 7 as wel as in coverage? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?
    see above
  • When drafting, how important is character?
    Very important althoug to say its a huge deciding factor would be a mistake, if childress thinks its was a one time deal or he can control we go get that player. Otherwise if you are a thug or trouble maker or what have you your not welcome on his team.
  • During the draft, how active in the past have you been in trades?
    Seems like we always trade one draft pick for a veteran usually although its usually a mid to late rounder
  • Looking at your current roster, who are the up and comers? Who are future starters? Who is starting but shouldn't? Who is tradeable and their value? Who is a lifer?
    Up and comers would be Asher Allen, Brian Robison, Jasper Brinkley, Jamarcus Sanford, Sullivan, Tyrell Johnson, and Phil loadholt and alot more wow lots of young talent on this team. Players IMO that are starting and shouldn't be are Anthony Herrera and maybe Madieu Williams. Tradeable on this team could be Madieu Williams, Chester Taylor, and Sage Rosenfels. Prolly all third to fourth rounders. Sage may be a fifth now. I believe the Life time players we have would be Adrian Peterson, Visanthe Shiancoe, Sidney Rice, Cedric Griffin, Percy Harvin unless he has character issues, Jared Allen, Chad Greenway, and Kevin Williams.

• During the offseason, how active in the past have you been at trading for veterans?
    Seems like we always trade for at least one every other year if not every year.
  • What has been the downfall of your team recently?
    Defensive backs, offensive line play, and the big TO, Turnovers.
  • Where are your largest holes this offseason?
    QB, OL need to pick up a Guard, Linebacker depth, DBs need a part time starter to cover for Cedric Griffin and depth there as well, also either in FA, Trade, the draft, or internally we need to find Pat Williams future replacement.
  • What are your biggest strengths this offseason?
    Running Back, Defensive Line starters, Tight end, Wide Receiver, and our Starting Core of Linebackers.
  • What will it take for you to win a championship?
    Brett Favre back and the same cohesion we had last year. along with better Oline play.

I appreciate each and every reply that I receive and promise that this information will be put to very good use in the very near future. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask - I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and try to reply ASAP.

Ooofta this took along time. Dont be suprised if you get one from me for the ravens too.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff - keep it coming guys - appreciate the help

Sig courtesy of mack.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to correct one portion from the thread above. Leslie Frazier did not come from Philadelphia. He came from Tony Dungy's staff in Indianapolis.
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Just to correct one portion from the thread above. Leslie Frazier did not come from Philadelphia. He came from Tony Dungy's staff in Indianapolis.

While he didn't come directly from Philadelphia, he was part of Andy Reid's first staff in Philadelphia with Childress in '99.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

While he didn't come directly from Philadelphia, he was part of Andy Reid's first staff in Philadelphia with Childress in '99.

yes, but he was obviously mentored by Dungy and shares more in common with him than Jabba.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
hemm68

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
disaacs wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

yes, but he was obviously mentored by Dungy and shares more in common with him than Jabba.

Wasn't trying to say that his influences came from any of these teams just showing the variety of places he has coached. To me he does seem like more of a Dungy guy then a Reid guy. Just wanted to show that he had prior connections to Chili as do alot of our coaches.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll reply in tidbits, since you ask so much...

# Tell me about your Head Coach, his philosophies, and his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?

Childress' first year as coach of the Vikings, his first year as any team's head coach, was marked by a severe disciplinary attitude and emphasis on extreme conditioning. veteran players like Winfield commented it was the hardest summer training camp in their careers. Chilly felt this necessary to both let the players know who was in charge, and to gauge their dedication levels.

now though, having gained the players' trust, he is known for relaxing them with his offbeat humor, which is often intentionally at his own expense.

what most non-Viking centric people do not know about him is that he has a degree in psychology.

# When drafting, how important is character?

it appears to be very important in the Viking player analysis. however, the Vikings are more than willing to take chances on players other teams have labeled as problematic. they have had more successes than failures in seeing the player has left his more immature past behind him (Jared Allen, Percy Harvin, Ray Edwards.)

# What has been the downfall of your team recently?

inconsistency. failure to execute properly.

# Where are your largest holes this offseason?

starting qb. defensive secondary. a soft o-line that should be stronger.

# What are your biggest strengths this offseason?

hunger and ability. everyone recognizes the Vikes were only a handful of plays away from not only being in the Super Bowl, but being extremely competitive in it.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preciate it guys - I'll put this to good use

Sig courtesy of mack.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: