Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Looking for Insights
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Looking for Insights Reply with quote

Working on a project, and could use some help from you guys. I'm going to include a questionaire below, if as many as possible could fill it out and share as much detail as possible, it'd be greatly appreciated.

• Tell me about your Head Coach, his philosophies, and his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?
  • Tell me bout your Offensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?
  • What offensive scheme do you follow in the run, pass and blocking game? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?
  • Tell me about your Defensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What do most people not know about him? What are his tendencies? etc.
  • What Defensive Scheme do you follow in the front 7 as wel as in coverage? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?
  • When drafting, how important is character?
  • During the draft, how active in the past have you been in trades?
  • Looking at your current roster, who are the up and comers? Who are future starters? Who is starting but shouldn't? Who is tradeable and their value? Who is a lifer?
  • During the offseason, how active in the past have you been at trading for veterans?
  • What has been the downfall of your team recently?
  • Where are your largest holes this offseason?
  • What are your biggest strengths this offseason?
  • What will it take for you to win a championship?

I appreciate each and every reply that I receive and promise that this information will be put to very good use in the very near future. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask - I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and try to reply ASAP.

Sig courtesy of mack.
FlyinDawkins

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Insights Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm going to have to weigh in on this one. Laughing

MaddHatter wrote:

• Tell me about your Head Coach, his philosophies, and his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?
  • Tell me bout your Offensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?

I'm going to combine these because Andy Reid and Marty Mornhinweg go hand-in-hand for the Eagles. They have the same philosophies and limitations. Both are addicted to the pass; Reid has probably called more passing plays than any coach in the history of the NFL. Reid is a control freak and would rather waste a timeout because he can't decide on a play quickly enough than let his QB call his own play in the huddle. He also doesn't believe in a two-minute-drill, nor has he any clue of how to manage the clock in tight situations. For as obsessed as Reid is in finding holes in a defense and attempting to create mismatches, he has a shocking lack of attention to detail from a coaching perspective.

MaddHatter wrote:

• What offensive scheme do you follow in the run, pass and blocking game? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?

• The Eagles run a bastardized version of the West Coast Offense, but until recently they've never had the personnel. For a former offensive lineman, Reid doesn't quite understand the need to control the line of scrimmage and punish the defensive front 7. Even on most running plays, Reid has the offensive line passively pass-blocking, as he uses a lot of slow-developing draws and delayed handoffs. If I were an NFL defensive lineman, the Eagles would probably be my favorite team to play against.

MaddHatter wrote:
  • Tell me about your Defensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What do most people not know about him? What are his tendencies? etc.

• Even Eagles fans don't know much about Sean McDermott. In his first year as DC, at times he seemed to mirror the late Jimmy Johnson's blitzing, aggressive scheme, but other times he played a lot of passive, base defense. He's a big question mark going forward.

MaddHatter wrote:

• What Defensive Scheme do you follow in the front 7 as wel as in coverage? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?

• The Eagles run a 2-gap system with their defensive line, which makes many people think that their DTs are incompetent because of their lack of flashy statistics. Complex blitzes are used to create pressure instead of relying on the front 4 alone to get to the QB. The Eagles don't run too many creative coverage schemes, instead relying on pressure to force turnovers and not trying to confuse the QB with coverage schemes.

MaddHatter wrote:

• Seems to be selectively important. If the Eagles think a guy's talent is worth it (like Winston Justice) they'll take him high unless it's overwhelmingly poor character. I wouldn't have expected them to take Pacman Jones, let's say.

MaddHatter wrote:

• Extremely active. The Eagles rarely make a selection with their original 1st round pick. They trade up for guys they like (like Andrews, McDougle, and Maclin) and trade back when they don't like what they see (too much, some would say).

MaddHatter wrote:

• Looking at your current roster, who are the up and comers? Who are future starters? Who is starting but shouldn't? Who is tradeable and their value? Who is a lifer?

• After the departure of Dawkins, no one can be called a potential lifer for the Eagles. The up and comers would be the studs on offense - DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Brent Celek, and LeSean McCoy. Defensively there is really very little to like, but maybe Akeem Jordan could turn out to be special.

MaddHatter wrote:

• During the offseason, how active in the past have you been at trading for veterans?

• The Eagles just made a midseason trade for Will Witherspoon, but other than that they've been very quiet.

MaddHatter wrote:

• Poor coaching and poor defensive play have been killers of late. But at least it's a changeup from poor coaching and poor play from the wide receivers. The QB has never been perfect, but he's been asked to do way too much with way too little for way too long.

MaddHatter wrote:

• Offensive line (can never be too good), LDE, MLB, SLB, and safety.

MaddHatter wrote:

• QB potential (and possibly two QBs that will turn into draft picks), offensive skill positions.

MaddHatter wrote:

• New offensive and defensive philosophies, combined with filling as many of the defensive holes as possible this offseason would be the quickest way to a championship. The Eagles still have a talented team but they misuse their talent. Championship teams do their best to emphasize their strengths and exploit the oppositions' weaknesses. However the Eagles seem to have their way of attempting to win and refuse to deviate from that plan. It's quite maddening, really. Laughing
    Darcia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Insights Reply with quote

FlyinDawkins"
    [quote="MaddHatter wrote:

[*]During the offseason, how active in the past have you been at trading for veterans?

The Eagles just made a midseason trade for Will Witherspoon, but other than that they've been very quiet.[/quote]

They traded for Jason Peters, TKO, T.O., Booker, and Hobbs. Booker is less of a veteran, but the Eagles have shown themselves to be willing to trade for veterans if they can get the right value for them.
    FlyinDawkins

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Insights Reply with quote

Darcia wrote:
    FlyinDawkins wrote:

MaddHatter wrote:

[*]During the offseason, how active in the past have you been at trading for veterans?

The Eagles just made a midseason trade for Will Witherspoon, but other than that they've been very quiet.

They traded for Jason Peters, TKO, T.O., Booker, and Hobbs. Booker is less of a veteran, but the Eagles have shown themselves to be willing to trade for veterans if they can get the right value for them.

Crap, I read that as midseason, not offseason. I thought that was a weird question... Laughing
    cscrib57

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Reid is mormon. There's something alot of people don't know about him.
    wolfgang1983

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cscrib57 wrote:

I read that wrong at first, thought you called him a 'moron' but spelled it wrong Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right I had no clue he was a Mormon Very Happy

Great stuff guys, keep it coming. Both of your 2 DT's are supposed to be block eaters and gap killers with little expectation of penetration?

Sig courtesy of mack.
    cscrib57

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolfgang1983 wrote:
    cscrib57 wrote:

I read that wrong at first, thought you called him a 'moron' but spelled it wrong Laughing

Well he can definitely be that sometimes too haha.
    mm6492

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
    You're right I had no clue he was a Mormon Very Happy

Great stuff guys, keep it coming. Both of your 2 DT's are supposed to be block eaters and gap killers with little expectation of penetration?

With teh scheme they are in, yes. Many Eagles fans are hoping for an increased role to Antonio Dixon, a huge NT. Many feel Bunkley is misplaced at NT and would be an outstanding UT. Patterson is nice, but his progression has slowed a bit.

We really need to allow Trent Cole to get single teamed, which is why you see interest for Peppers.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are we telling you all of this? Wink

Just kidding.. kinda. But I really liked and felt the same as FDs post.
    nlesthought

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoHypeNeeded wrote:

No seriously, y are we? Your from Dallas! Shocked Surprised

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
    22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
    MaddHatter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
    NoHypeNeeded wrote:

No seriously, y are we? Your from Dallas! Shocked Surprised

Not like I'm an employee for the Cowboys staff and too lazy to scout you guys out myself...

... <_<

Sig courtesy of mack.
    marky_b27

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Insights Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
    Working on a project, and could use some help from you guys. I'm going to include a questionaire below, if as many as possible could fill it out and share as much detail as possible, it'd be greatly appreciated.

I appreciate each and every reply that I receive and promise that this information will be put to very good use in the very near future. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask - I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and try to reply ASAP.

Most people do not know that we actually, occassionally, if Andy is in a good mood, run the ball Very Happy

RainbowCarebear wrote:
    Marky > Foles
    cscrib57

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Insights Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
    MaddHatter wrote:

Most people do not know that we actually, occassionally, if Andy is in a good mood, run the ball Very Happy

True. Like the giants game this year when shady and weaver ran crazy all over their D.
    ianlewis16

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Insights Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
    MaddHatter wrote:

LIES

Blahman88 wrote:
    I control the EBB.......except Ian, no body can control him

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
    Goto page 1, 2  Next
    Page 1 of 2

Jump to: