You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Bleacher report, the Jets and the Chargers....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: The Bleacher report, the Jets and the Chargers.... Reply with quote

So wow, I'm reading thejetsblog.com and just read the article on bleacherreport and the apparent trade talks between the jets and the chargers....

Get ready for this, this trade that they have is an absolute gem:

"In an unexpected move the Jets have entered the talks for Antonio Cromartie and even more unexpectedly have offered Darrelle Revis. On the Chargers end they’ll be included a small army of players and the Jets might not be done including some value on their side as well.

As the trade stands now the Chargers would send Antonio Cromartie, Shawn Merriman, Vincent Jackson, their 1st and 3rd round picks in 2010 and their 1st and 2nd round picks in 2011. The Jets would send Darrelle Revis, Vernon Gholston, Kerry Rhodes and their 3rd and 4th round pick in 2011.

This deal is expected to go down fairly soon so stay close to the most accurate source of sports information, the Bleacher Report.
"

So let me get this staight... the jets will be giving up Revis, Gholston, Rhodes+ their 2011 3rd and 4th

The chargers will be giving up.... Cromartie, Vincent Jackson, Merrimen, 2010 1st and 3rd and 2011 1st and 2nd

I think some of the mock drafts we post are probably more accurate and fair than this rumored trade.... this post is in the jets forum and everyones getting a pretty big laugh out of it.... i get the impression that chargers fans would laugh as well.... considering how much you guys are giving up and how absurd the trade is (personally i dont think this trade is even remotely fair for either team)
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what you call a blockbuster trade. Good thing it won't actually happen.

Even though the trade as a whole is crazy, I could see part of it happening. It's possible to see something happen with Rhodes and Cro.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
That's what you call a blockbuster trade. Good thing it won't actually happen.

Even though the trade as a whole is crazy, I could see part of it happening. It's possible to see something happen with Rhodes and Cro.

Yes, but i just can't see the jets being awfully crazy about cromartie. The jets, who boast having one of the most physical defenses in the league, should not be interested in a CB thats afraid of contact... with that being said, i dont think there's any such thing as "equal value" for a player like Derrelle Revis.

Unless San Diego had two 1sts this year (one being a top 10 pick) i wouldnt even listen to a trade offer for revis... and even then id probably laugh the eother GM off the fone... i mean he's THAT good
21BoltSalute

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good one Laughing

If the Chargers gave up that much for Revis and Rhodes (plus a couple throw-ins), there would be rioting in the streets... and probably a angry mob storming Charger Park. I think I'd be with them, pitchfork, torch, and all!
mgoblue44

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21BoltSalute wrote:

If the Chargers gave up that much for Revis and Rhodes (plus a couple throw-ins), there would be rioting in the streets... and probably a angry mob storming Charger Park. I think I'd be with them, pitchfork, torch, and all!

+1
CanadianBolt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mgoblue44 wrote:
21BoltSalute wrote:

+1

+2

that rumour is ridiculous and I think fans of both teams would be up in arms over such a ridiculous trade
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bleacher report is usually satirical. I really really dislike the way they report things.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
The bleacher report is usually satirical. I really really dislike the way they report things.

Is it just me or wasn't BR the same site responsible for photoshopping (really poorly I might add too) Merriman's head on Jamaal Williams' torso (in a team headshot photo) to try and illustrate how huge Lights Out had gotten on steroids. Also the same site that about this time last year was running the Brian Cushing/Clay Matthews test positive for steroids story?

I'm honestly surprised they haven't gotten sued for libel/slander yet.

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
kramxel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CanadianBolt wrote:
mgoblue44 wrote:
21BoltSalute wrote:

+1

+2

that rumour is ridiculous and I think fans of both teams would be up in arms over such a ridiculous trade

I'd catch a plane to SD on the second and personally shoot AJ, the Spanos, Norv and whoever got in my way!
EaglesFan41

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if you guys saw this yet.

http://twitter.com/Jay_Glazer

Jay Glazer: "Got somethin else for you guys, jets& bolts on verge of trade. cromartie goes to jets in exchange for a high pick in 2011 draft. 2nd or 3rd."
broncs4life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per Adam Schefter too...
Quote:
Filed to ESPN: Chargers traded cornerback Antonio Cromartie to Jets for a 2011 third-round pick that could turn to a second.

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

Thanks to CalhounLambeau for the incredible sig!!
Von Miller 2011 DROY and SB50 MVP!!!!!
IT'S MILLER TIME!!
GO BRONCOS!
AntonioGates

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan41 wrote:
Don't know if you guys saw this yet.

http://twitter.com/Jay_Glazer

Jay Glazer: "Got somethin else for you guys, jets& bolts on verge of trade. cromartie goes to jets in exchange for a high pick in 2011 draft. 2nd or 3rd."

Yup, just about to post this. Not as wild as the one in the original post.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/04/antonio-cromartie-is-headed-to-the-jets/

I'm upset we don't get in compensation in this draft, but a 3rd or 2nd pick next year works well. I think the clause will be whether Cromartie resigns with them or not.
thugurnaught

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I truely beleive you guys robbed the Jets and I am so happy its not the Lions.

Lions Board Draft Quiz Champion 2011
Smack with the amazing sig props!
AAL- Tony Scheffler- Swashbuckling the Competition!
1 Rush - 5 Yards 1 Rec, 11 Yards, 1 TD
JETS2005

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thugurnaught wrote:
I truely beleive you guys robbed the Jets and I am so happy its not the Lions.

I wouldnt say robbed. People over value draft picks sometimes. So if Cromartie was avaliable at the mid to end of the third round you wouldnt take him??? Dont even try and say you wouldnt.
BoltsFan937

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well bump cornerback up on the list of needs for this coming year. Only two legit ones are Jammer and Cason, and Cason is still a question mark in my book. So long Cro, hope he does whatever it is to get us that second round pick next year....lol

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: