Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Looking for Insights
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Looking for Insights Reply with quote

Working on a project, and could use some help from you guys. I'm going to include a questionaire below, if as many as possible could fill it out and share as much detail as possible, it'd be greatly appreciated.

• Tell me about your Head Coach, his philosophies, and his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?
  • Tell me bout your Offensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?
  • What offensive scheme do you follow in the run, pass and blocking game? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?
  • Tell me about your Defensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What do most people not know about him? What are his tendencies? etc.
  • What Defensive Scheme do you follow in the front 7 as wel as in coverage? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?
  • When drafting, how important is character?
  • During the draft, how active in the past have you been in trades?
  • Looking at your current roster, who are the up and comers? Who are future starters? Who is starting but shouldn't? Who is tradeable and their value? Who is a lifer?
  • During the offseason, how active in the past have you been at trading for veterans?
  • What has been the downfall of your team recently?
  • Where are your largest holes this offseason?
  • What are your biggest strengths this offseason?
  • What will it take for you to win a championship?

I appreciate each and every reply that I receive and promise that this information will be put to very good use in the very near future. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask - I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and try to reply ASAP.

Sig courtesy of mack.
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask - I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and try to reply ASAP.

aren't you the guy who dissapeared from the forums after losing a sig bet to me? Wink
people don't forget.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask - I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and try to reply ASAP.

aren't you the guy who dissapeared from the forums after losing a sig bet to me? Wink
people don't forget.

Didn't disapear voluntarily, I took a "forced sabatical" and I believe I sent you a PM when I got back and offered to pick it up but you never replied...

Anyways, glad to hear my name sticks in peoples head Very Happy

Sig courtesy of mack.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Insights Reply with quote

Why not just put a ball on a tee for me, MaddHatter? Very Happy

MaddHatter wrote:
[*]Tell me about your Head Coach, his philosophies, and his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?

He's as arrogant as he is young. His style is New England all the way. His goal is to turn the Denver Broncos into the New England Patriots-West. He's not been at all shy about saying that he learned everything he knows from Belichick and he is going to replicate everything he learned there here. In this, and many other ways, he's like a younger, skinnier Eric Mangini. But with a bigger ego. He is 100% committed to doing things his way and at the same time is 100% unwilling to adapt his scheme to his players.

His tendencies are to pass short, throw screens and then pass short again. He prefers QBs who are safe with the ball, don't take any chances and, again, pass short - usually within 5 to 10 yards of the LOS, if not behind it. I can count on one hand the number of times the Broncos threw the ball beyond 20 yards from the LOS. His running game is predicated on power blocking and pulling guards. His hand-picked RB, drafted 12th overall, had an incredibly disappointing 3.8 YPC this year behind his blocking scheme. His offense uses a spread formation frequently using 3 WRs, 1 TE and only 1 back. The TE is primarily a blocker and doesn't have a major role in the passing game the way the TE does in a West Coast Offense. His play calling is overly conservative and very predictable. In transitioning from the Shanahan/Cutler offense in 2008 to the "McOrton" offense in 2009, the Broncos' offense regressed, and regressed significantly, in every single important statistical category.

MaddHatter wrote:
[*]Tell me bout your Offensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?

For all practical purposes, Josh McDaniels is the Broncos' offensive coordinator. He calls the plays, puts together the gameplan and takes the lead in every facet of the offense. His brother, Ben McDaniels who I am sure is eminently qualified to be a NFL coach, is the Broncos' QB coach.

MaddHatter wrote:
[*]What offensive scheme do you follow in the run, pass and blocking game? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?

I addressed this above but will do so again. The passing game is almost entirely within 0-10 yards from the LOS. The screen pass - to RBs, TEs and WRs - is used frequently, most say WAY too frequently. The routes are option routes and the WRs and TEs run a lot of quick outs, come backs and short crosses. The QB usually takes a 3 or 5 step drop, the 7 step drop is almost never used. The TE is used only sparingly in the passing game and his primary job is to block so as to protect the QB; the QB for this offense is not expected to have an ability to make plays with his feet or throw on the run. What most people do not know about the offense is that it's a poorly designed scheme which only works if you have Tom Brady.

MaddHatter wrote:
[*]Tell me about your Defensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What do most people not know about him? What are his tendencies? etc.
[*]What Defensive Scheme do you follow in the front 7 as wel as in coverage? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?

In 2009 our Defensive Coordinator was Mike Nolan. After McDaniels realized that Nolan was receiving the lion's share of the credit for the defensive improvement from 2008 to 2009, Nolan was promptly fired. He took a job as a Defensive Coordinator with the Miami Dolphins, where he will get to work for future Hall of Famer Bill Parcells. The new defensive coordinator is Don Martindale; most assume Martindale will not be his own man the way Nolan was but rather be another McDaniels "yes man." With McDaniels now in charge of the defense, I would expect it to become more conservative, predictable and take fewer risks - just as does the McDaniels offense.

MaddHatter wrote:
[*]When drafting, how important is character?

A lot of lip service is paid to bringing in high character players. But many wonder how significant "high character" plays in the draft as McDaniels used his 2nd pick, #18 overall, on Robert Ayers, a player on whom there were many questions regarding off-the-field trouble, work ethic and commitment. When evaluating Ayers' rookie season - where he had more personal foul penalties than he had sacks - one wonders if Ayers questionable work ethic played a role in his very disappointing performance.

I think that for McDaniels the most important attribute is finding players who either played for McDaniels in the past or played their college ball for someone with whom McDaniels has worked, ala Charlie Weis and Nick Saban. Mac wants players whom he believes will buy into his philosophy, do things his way and not question either.

MaddHatter wrote:
[*]During the draft, how active in the past have you been in trades?

Pretty darn active. Last year we traded our 2010 1st round pick (which turned out to be #14 overall) for a 2nd round pick, #37 overall, and in turn drafted the under-sized CB Alphonso Smith. To say Smith was a colossal disappointment his rookie year would be an understatement. McDaniels also traded 2 3rd round picks in 2009 to draft blocking TE Richard Quinn in the 2nd round. In 2009, Quinn was the 3rd string TE, caught 0 passes and contributed only slightly on Special Teams.

MaddHatter wrote:
[*]Looking at your current roster, who are the up and comers? Who are future starters? Who is starting but shouldn't? Who is tradeable and their value? Who is a lifer?

It's actually very simple. Anyone who McDaniels signed in free agency or drafted has a secure job. Anyone not named Bailey, Clady or Harris who was here pre-McDaniels needs to worry about their job security.

But in all seriousness, I don't see many "up and comers" on the current roster. Last year's rookies failed to impress (or in most cases flat out disappointed) and several young players - from the Shanahan era - saw their roles, and hence production, significantly decrease in favor of McDaniels' signings/draft picks. Go look at the rookie versus sophomore season stats for Eddie Royal and Peyton Hillis. Take a look at the regressed numbers for Tony Scheffler. All the while Knowshon Moreno and Jabar Gaffney - both future Hall of Famers without a doubt - saw their mistakes excused and their shortcomings dismissed.

MaddHatter wrote:
[*]During the offseason, how active in the past have you been at trading for veterans?

Not very active trading for vets. But anyone who plays or played for New England will be a target for the Broncos. I expect a minimum of 3 former-Patriots to either be signed in free agency or traded for this offseason. Also, anyone who played for Dolphins, Bills, Jets and Browns who hits the FA market or are put on the trading block will receive serious attention from the Broncos this offseason.

MaddHatter wrote:
[*]What has been the downfall of your team recently?

Define "recently." From 2006 to 2008 it was a combination of age, retirements, injuries and Mike Shanahan's ineptness at evaluating and drafting defensive talent. The fact that Mike fired 3 defensive coordinators in 3 seasons and then allowed a buffoon like Bob Slowik to control the defense in 2008 also hurt significantly.

In 2009, it was because Josh McDaniels alienated key players and coaches, had a pisspoor draft and employs a downright pathetic offensive scheme.

MaddHatter wrote:
[*]Where are your largest holes this offseason?

If we cannot count our Head Coach and de facto GM, Josh McDaniels, then I have to say it's the interior offensive line, namely LG and C and the defensive line. The Broncos could also use a franchise QB, a TED ILB of the future and some depth at CB.

The most pressing needs (again after Head Coach and GM) would be DE, NT, OG, C and QB. CB depth and, after Marshall is traded, WR.

MaddHatter wrote:
[*]What are your biggest strengths this offseason?

Both OTs are outstanding. Ryan Clady (LT) is going to be a perennial All Pro. Ryan Harris (RT) is outstanding as well but has some trouble staying healthy, suffering season-ending injuries in 2 of this 3 NFL seasons.

Our secondary is very good but also pretty old. I think FS is secure for a while as future Hall of Famer Champ Bailey can transition to FS in the next 2-3 years when his age begins to catch up with him. The Broncos also used 3 draft picks last year to supplement (or attempt to supplement) the secondary with safeties Darcel McBath and David Bruton and CB Alphonso Smith.

Both OLB positions are in relatively good shape as well. Starters Elvis Dumervil and Mario Haggan were defensive bright spots in 2009. Rookie Robery Ayers struggled mightily but is young and won't be pushed into the starting lineup anytime soon (thank God).

MaddHatter wrote:
What will it take for you to win a championship?

1. An owner who isn't suffering from lawsuits, money problems and dementia and a COO who actually knows a thing or two about football.
2. A Head Coach who a) employs effective schemes and b) has a personality that doesn't alienate every other person they meet.
3. A legit franchise QB
4. A starting RB that can get more than 3.8 YPC and an OL that either uses a scheme suited for the personnel or gets the proper personnel in place for the used blocking scheme.
5. A DL that, if we're intent on running the 3-4, has players who can actually occupy 2 gaps and control 2 blockers.

I hope this helps!

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff AAA - preciate it bro

Sig courtesy of mack.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think AA is to hard on Knowshon because Casey Failmann and Ben Hamilton are to blame for his YPC and when he was effective, he wasnt given the ball enough. but he deff has everything else dead on. the reason for my avatar is the hiring of mike nolan as DC. now i have to find another.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Great stuff AAA - preciate it bro

No problem!

In looking back I see I failed to answer your second question about the defense so I will attempt to do that here.

MaddHatter wrote:
[*]What Defensive Scheme do you follow in the front 7 as wel as in coverage? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?

Again, bear in mind we've changed defensive coordinators but will still use a 3-4 base as our scheme. We run the standard 2-gap 3-4 that teams like Pittsburgh and New England use, not the 1-gap 3-4 employed by Dallas and San Diego. Our defensive lineman are expected to control 2 gaps and occupy blockers, preferably multiple blockers. This is an area where we struggled this year and as such upgrades should be made to the DL. In coverage we use man coverage on the outside with single deep S. Our SOLB or SS usually cover the TE with the FS being left in the single deep zone. As in most 3-4s, the WOLB was the primary pass rusher. Elvis Dumervil filled this role nicely this year and recorded a league-leading 17.0 sacks. The other 3 LBs all blitzed from time to time. One divergence in philosophy between Nolan and McDaniels was Nolan's proclivity to use the run blitz, something McDaniels publicly criticized shortly before he sent Nolan packing.

In nickle formations we subsitute the lead-footed Andra Davis with former college S Wesley Woodyard at ILB. I thought this was a very creative use of personnel by Mike Nolan. It took advantage of Davis' strengths - attacking the LOS and defending the run - on 1st and 2nd down and then took advantages of Woodyard's skills in coverage on passing downs.

Last edited by AnAngryAmerican on Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
i think AA is to hard on Knowshon because Casey Failmann and Ben Hamilton are to blame for his YPC and when he was effective, he wasnt given the ball enough.

The terrible blocking inside, by Weigman, Hamilton and Hochstein certainly didn't help. But Knowshon's inability to hit the hole with any kind of force or run with a mean streak certainly didn't help. I'll be interested to see how he does with blockers better suited for the scheme which (hopefully) we will have next year.

But it wasn't lack of opportunity that hurt Moreno, he had 247 carries this year; 127 more than Buckhalter, 222 more than Jordan and 234 more than Hillis.

Russell2Bailey wrote:
the reason for my avatar is the hiring of mike nolan as DC. now i have to find another.

Here's one you can use:

Code:
http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u287/dkarp82/?action=view&current=McD8080.jpg

germ-x

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for Insights Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:

MaddHatter wrote:
[*]Tell me about your Head Coach, his philosophies, and his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?

He's as arrogant as he is young. His style is New England all the way. His goal is to turn the Denver Broncos into the New England Patriots-West. He's not been at all shy about saying that he learned everything he knows from Belichick and he is going to replicate everything he learned there here. In this, and many other ways, he's like a younger, skinnier Eric Mangini. But with a bigger ego. He is 100% committed to doing things his way and at the same time is 100% unwilling to adapt his scheme to his players.

His tendencies are to pass short, throw screens and then pass short again. He prefers QBs who are safe with the ball, don't take any chances and, again, pass short - usually within 5 to 10 yards of the LOS, if not behind it. I can count on one hand the number of times the Broncos threw the ball beyond 20 yards from the LOS. His running game is predicated on power blocking and pulling guards. His hand-picked RB, drafted 12th overall, had an incredibly disappointing 3.8 YPC this year behind his blocking scheme. His offense uses a spread formation frequently using 3 WRs, 1 TE and only 1 back. The TE is primarily a blocker and doesn't have a major role in the passing game the way the TE does in a West Coast Offense. His play calling is overly conservative and very predictable. In transitioning from the Shanahan/Cutler offense in 2008 to the "McOrton" offense in 2009, the Broncos' offense regressed, and regressed significantly, in every single important statistical category.

MaddHatter wrote:
[*]Tell me bout your Offensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?

For all practical purposes, Josh McDaniels is the Broncos' offensive coordinator. He calls the plays, puts together the gameplan and takes the lead in every facet of the offense. His brother, Ben McDaniels who I am sure is eminently qualified to be a NFL coach, is the Broncos' QB coach.

MaddHatter wrote:
[*]What offensive scheme do you follow in the run, pass and blocking game? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?

I addressed this above but will do so again. The passing game is almost entirely within 0-10 yards from the LOS. The screen pass - to RBs, TEs and WRs - is used frequently, most say WAY too frequently. The routes are option routes and the WRs and TEs run a lot of quick outs, come backs and short crosses. The QB usually takes a 3 or 5 step drop, the 7 step drop is almost never used. The TE is used only sparingly in the passing game and his primary job is to block so as to protect the QB; the QB for this offense is not expected to have an ability to make plays with his feet or throw on the run. What most people do not know about the offense is that it's a poorly designed scheme which only works if you have Tom Brady.

MaddHatter wrote:
[*]Tell me about your Defensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What do most people not know about him? What are his tendencies? etc.

In 2009 our Defensive Coordinator was Mike Nolan. After McDaniels realized that Nolan was receiving the lion's share of the credit for the defensive improvement from 2008 to 2009, Nolan was promptly fired. He took a job as a Defensive Coordinator with the Miami Dolphins, where he will get to work for future Hall of Famer Bill Parcells. The new defensive coordinator is Don Martindale; most assume Martindale will not be his own man the way Nolan was but rather be another McDaniels "yes man." With McDaniels now in charge of the defense, I would expect it to become more conservative, predictable and take fewer risks - just as does the McDaniels offense.

MaddHatter wrote:

A lot of lip service is paid to bringing in high character players. But many wonder how significant "high character" plays in the draft as McDaniels used his 2nd pick, #18 overall, on Robert Ayers, a player on whom there were many questions regarding off-the-field trouble, work ethic and commitment. When evaluating Ayers' rookie season - where he had more personal foul penalties than he had sacks - one wonders if Ayers questionable work ethic played a role in his very disappointing performance.

I think that for McDaniels the most important attribute is finding players who either played for McDaniels in the past or played their college ball for someone with whom McDaniels has worked, ala Charlie Weis and Nick Saban. Mac wants players whom he believes will buy into his philosophy, do things his way and not question either.

MaddHatter wrote:

Pretty darn active. Last year we traded our 2010 1st round pick (which turned out to be #14 overall) for a 2nd round pick, #37 overall, and in turn drafted the under-sized CB Alphonso Smith. To say Smith was a colossal disappointment his rookie year would be an understatement. McDaniels also traded 2 3rd round picks in 2009 to draft blocking TE Richard Quinn in the 2nd round. In 2009, Quinn was the 3rd string TE, caught 0 passes and contributed only slightly on Special Teams.

MaddHatter wrote:
[*]Looking at your current roster, who are the up and comers? Who are future starters? Who is starting but shouldn't? Who is tradeable and their value? Who is a lifer?

It's actually very simple. Anyone who McDaniels signed in free agency or drafted has a secure job. Anyone not named Bailey, Clady or Harris who was here pre-McDaniels needs to worry about their job security.

But in all seriousness, I don't see many "up and comers" on the current roster. Last year's rookies failed to impress (or in most cases flat out disappointed) and several young players - from the Shanahan era - saw their roles, and hence production, significantly decrease in favor of McDaniels' signings/draft picks. Go look at the rookie versus sophomore season stats for Eddie Royal and Peyton Hillis. Take a look at the regressed numbers for Tony Scheffler. All the while Knowshon Moreno and Jabar Gaffney - both future Hall of Famers without a doubt - saw their mistakes excused and their shortcomings dismissed.

MaddHatter wrote:
[*]During the offseason, how active in the past have you been at trading for veterans?

Not very active trading for vets. But anyone who plays or played for New England will be a target for the Broncos. I expect a minimum of 3 former-Patriots to either be signed in free agency or traded for this offseason. Also, anyone who played for Dolphins, Bills, Jets and Browns who hits the FA market or are put on the trading block will receive serious attention from the Broncos this offseason.

MaddHatter wrote:

Define "recently." From 2006 to 2008 it was a combination of age, retirements, injuries and Mike Shanahan's ineptness at evaluating and drafting defensive talent. The fact that Mike fired 3 defensive coordinators in 3 seasons and then allowed a buffoon like Bob Slowik to control the defense in 2008 also hurt significantly.

In 2009, it was because Josh McDaniels alienated key players and coaches, had a pisspoor draft and employs a downright pathetic offensive scheme.

MaddHatter wrote:

If we cannot count our Head Coach and de facto GM, Josh McDaniels, then I have to say it's the interior offensive line, namely LG and C and the defensive line. The Broncos could also use a franchise QB, a TED ILB of the future and some depth at CB.

The most pressing needs (again after Head Coach and GM) would be DE, NT, OG, C and QB. CB depth and, after Marshall is traded, WR.

MaddHatter wrote:

Both OTs are outstanding. Ryan Clady (LT) is going to be a perennial All Pro. Ryan Harris (RT) is outstanding as well but has some trouble staying healthy, suffering season-ending injuries in 2 of this 3 NFL seasons.

Our secondary is very good but also pretty old. I think FS is secure for a while as future Hall of Famer Champ Bailey can transition to FS in the next 2-3 years when his age begins to catch up with him. The Broncos also used 3 draft picks last year to supplement (or attempt to supplement) the secondary with safeties Darcel McBath and David Bruton and CB Alphonso Smith.

Both OLB positions are in relatively good shape as well. Starters Elvis Dumervil and Mario Haggan were defensive bright spots in 2009. Rookie Robery Ayers struggled mightily but is young and won't be pushed into the starting lineup anytime soon (thank God).

MaddHatter wrote:

1. An owner who isn't suffering from lawsuits, money problems and dementia and a COO who actually knows a thing or two about football.
2. A Head Coach who a) employs effective schemes and b) has a personality that doesn't alienate every other person they meet.
3. A legit franchise QB
4. A starting RB that can get more than 3.8 YPC and an OL that either uses a scheme suited for the personnel or gets the proper personnel in place for the used blocking scheme.
5. A DL that, if we're intent on running the 3-4, has players who can actually occupy 2 gaps and control 2 blockers.

I hope this helps!

If you are going to post as if you know it all at least make it some what factual.

The biggest significant category offensivley is scoring. It wasn't a significant drop off. The team scored 3 points less then the almighty Shanny/Cutler offense, that Shanny had been running with proper personel for what...14 years...

Also Mike Nolan wasn't fired, he resigned. McDaniels tried to keep him on board, hence denying Miami's initial request to interview him.

Here is a link if you don't believe, because i believe this is multiple times now that you have said Mike Nolan was fired from Denver.

http://broncotalk.net/2010/01/13730/broncos-buzz/mike-nolan-resigns/

Now they may have had their differences, but i wouldn't put it completely on McDaniels. There is a reason the guy has held 6 DC positions in his career, none of which have lasted for more than 3 seasons and actually had a 1 year stint with the Jets in 2000.

I also believe you are the one thinking up Robert Ayers didn't work hard this season. If not please provide a link, because i haven't seen or read anything of the nature. All indications were he worked his butt off and actually stayed after practice early in the season to work on his hands by catching balls out of a jugs machine.

As for not using the TE's, i won't disagree with that. They aren't a huge piece of the offense in the passing game. However, Dan Graham's stats this year matched or exceeded his career averages in receptions and yards and he finished with 2 less TD's than his career average.

Tony Scheffler's average receptions for a season prior to McDaniels coming to Denver was 35, his average yards 493, his average TD's 4.

His stats this season, 31 receptions, 416 yards, 2 TD's....not a huge drop off, relatively what he has done his entire career.
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
the reason for my avatar is the hiring of mike nolan as DC. now i have to find another.

Here's one you can use:

Code:
http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u287/dkarp82/?action=view&current=McD8080.jpg

You know your forcing my hand here AAA....

Here you go R2B

Code:
http://tinypic.com/r/293xbq0/6

Code:
http://tinypic.com/r/2menuxc/6

Last edited by jonnyj20 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
PackAtBroncos07

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AAA, for all the people that dislike when you post your thoughts I gotta respect the hell out of you. You stick to your guns, to your beliefs, even if they aren't the popular ones. I honestly applaud you for that, you really don't see that too much now a-days.

Can't say I disagree with much if any of what AAA said. Even if you disagree with the less important parts, that may not be fact, but more opinionated, you can't argue that there is some merit behind them. If AAA was a reporter I am sure he could go find some evidence to back up his beliefs. Unfortunately he is not.

However, I have to give Johnny credit for the two perfect avatars he posted. I am sure they were in good fun, and it made me laugh. Laughing

This team has a lot of work to do but lets be frank here...we will all still be Broncos fans by the time they get their issues figured out and are contending for another title.
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
This team has a lot of work to do but lets be frank here...we will all still be Broncos fans by the time they get their issues figured out and are contending for another title.

Great post PackAtBroncos07, I only posted those becaues I know AAA can handle it. I think we all get a little sensitive here at times, but we are all Broncos fans and want our team to be great, even if we have different ideas of how to get there.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
AAA, for all the people that dislike when you post your thoughts I gotta respect the hell out of you. You stick to your guns, to your beliefs, even if they aren't the popular ones. I honestly applaud you for that, you really don't see that too much now a-days.

Can't say I disagree with much if any of what AAA said. Even if you disagree with the less important parts, that may not be fact, but more opinionated, you can't argue that there is some merit behind them. If AAA was a reporter I am sure he could go find some evidence to back up his beliefs. Unfortunately he is not.

However, I have to give Johnny credit for the two perfect avatars he posted. I am sure they were in good fun, and it made me laugh. Laughing

lol, i don't see it as sticking to any type of guns.

It was a direct post to stir the pot, if you notice, was there not 1 positive thing out of the entire post? It was a post directed at bashing McDaniels from nearly every angle possible.

I can understand there being question marks with the team, but i can not understand how someone could have went through the entire season and not came out with 1, not 1 positive thing to say about it....which leads me to believe this gave AAA a great window to throw his bashing of McDaniels from multiple platforms.

I can't recall 1 question he answered that didn't include a slight on McDaniels, like i said, this wasn't AAA answering the question honestly, it was AAA taking the opportunity to show his dislike for McDaniels in everyway possible.
Winder23

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Insights Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

MaddHatter wrote:

MaddHatter wrote:

MaddHatter wrote:

MaddHatter wrote:

MaddHatter wrote:

MaddHatter wrote:

MaddHatter wrote:

MaddHatter wrote:

MaddHatter wrote:

MaddHatter wrote:

MaddHatter wrote:

MaddHatter wrote:

3. A legit franchise QB

I hope this helps!

If you are going to post as if you know it all at least make it some what factual.

The biggest significant category offensivley is scoring. It wasn't a significant drop off. The team scored 3 points less then the almighty Shanny/Cutler offense, that Shanny had been running with proper personel for what...14 years...

Also Mike Nolan wasn't fired, he resigned. McDaniels tried to keep him on board, hence denying Miami's initial request to interview him.

Here is a link if you don't believe, because i believe this is multiple times now that you have said Mike Nolan was fired from Denver.

http://broncotalk.net/2010/01/13730/broncos-buzz/mike-nolan-resigns/

Now they may have had their differences, but i wouldn't put it completely on McDaniels. There is a reason the guy has held 6 DC positions in his career, none of which have lasted for more than 3 seasons and actually had a 1 year stint with the Jets in 2000.

I also believe you are the one thinking up Robert Ayers didn't work hard this season. If not please provide a link, because i haven't seen or read anything of the nature. All indications were he worked his butt off and actually stayed after practice early in the season to work on his hands by catching balls out of a jugs machine.

As for not using the TE's, i won't disagree with that. They aren't a huge piece of the offense in the passing game. However, Dan Graham's stats this year matched or exceeded his career averages in receptions and yards and he finished with 2 less TD's than his career average.

Tony Scheffler's average receptions for a season prior to McDaniels coming to Denver was 35, his average yards 493, his average TD's 4.

His stats this season, 31 receptions, 416 yards, 2 TD's....not a huge drop off, relatively what he has done his entire career.
He isn't interested in facts just his lowly opinion of McD.

It isn't even as if everything in this post is false it is the condescending tone which it is written.

The coach hasn't alienated everyone, just you and the rest of the pro Cutler people who still can't realize that he is a bust.
PackAtBroncos07

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
PackAtBroncos07 wrote:

lol, i don't see it as sticking to any type of guns.

It was a direct post to stir the pot, if you notice, was there not 1 positive thing out of the entire post? It was a post directed at bashing McDaniels from nearly every angle possible.

I can understand there being question marks with the team, but i can not understand how someone could have went through the entire season and not came out with 1, not 1 positive thing to say about it....which leads me to believe this gave AAA a great window to throw his bashing of McDaniels from multiple platforms.

I can't recall 1 question he answered that didn't include a slight on McDaniels, like i said, this wasn't AAA answering the question honestly, it was AAA taking the opportunity to show his dislike for McDaniels in everyway possible.

Thanks Johnny Smile

Germ-X, by his "guns" I am pretty confident that I meant his opinion of McDaniels. Now whilst you don't agree with it it doesn't mean he can't take every opportunity to voice it. Just as you have every right to voice your disagreement with AAA.
Quote:

this wasn't AAA answering the question honestly, it was AAA taking the opportunity to show his dislike for McDaniels in everyway possible.

I wonder why this make you say AAA was not answering these questions honestly?

Personally the only positives I can think of that McD has done is hire Mike Nolan (whoops), sign Dawkins, Hill, Goodman, and Fields. Also some decent backups like Hochstein. That list is mighty short compared to the list I could come up with about things he's done that I disagree with

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: