Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Looking for Insights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Looking for Insights Reply with quote

Working on a project, and could use some help from you guys. I'm going to include a questionaire below, if as many as possible could fill it out and share as much detail as possible, it'd be greatly appreciated.

• Tell me about your Head Coach, his philosophies, and his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?
  • Tell me bout your Offensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?
  • What offensive scheme do you follow in the run, pass and blocking game? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?
  • Tell me about your Defensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What do most people not know about him? What are his tendencies? etc.
  • What Defensive Scheme do you follow in the front 7 as wel as in coverage? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?
  • When drafting, how important is character?
  • During the draft, how active in the past have you been in trades?
  • Looking at your current roster, who are the up and comers? Who are future starters? Who is starting but shouldn't? Who is tradeable and their value? Who is a lifer?
  • During the offseason, how active in the past have you been at trading for veterans?
  • What has been the downfall of your team recently?
  • Where are your largest holes this offseason?
  • What are your biggest strengths this offseason?
  • What will it take for you to win a championship?

I appreciate each and every reply that I receive and promise that this information will be put to very good use in the very near future. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask - I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and try to reply ASAP.

Sig courtesy of mack.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody a big enough Titans fan to handle something like this? Razz

Sig courtesy of mack.
TheDeeeeej

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill fill out some of this tonight when I have more time.

[Adopt a Titan] [Derrick Morgan] [Robert Johnson]
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDeeeeej wrote:
ill fill out some of this tonight when I have more time.

Looking forward to it Deeeeej

Sig courtesy of mack.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All is just my opinon. I'm surprised i Filled it out. ..lol

• Tell me about your Head Coach, his philosophies, and his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?

o Fisher is a traditional coach. He wants Grass fields, 4-3 defense, run the ball, pass to the Tight ends and other high percentage routes. He is known as kind of being a player’s coach. He isn’t a “BOB Knight” type. He is willing to embrace the tone of his team. In some ways, he is almost too soft. He isn’t a hardcore disciplinarian, but he does have discipline in his team. He is passive aggressive. He is incredibly loyal to veterans but at the same time willing to let them walk.

• Tell me bout your Offensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?

o Our Offensive Co. Is a traditionalist also. He doesn’t believe in Wildcat or a lot of gimmicky plays. He isn’t afraid to run a halfback toss or a reverse run/pass(drew Bennett) I think he would like to pass more often than he runs, but he tends to put the players in the best position to succeed He is a hard butt. He will yell at you and really get into, if he don’t trust you, he won’t play you.

• What offensive scheme do you follow in the run, pass and blocking game? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?

o Our offensive scheme is run the ball, zone blocking style. We like backs that can make one cut and go. Passing we haven’t really challenged teams with the deep ball. We do a lot of dink and dunk. That may be attributed more to the QB, but we never really been an AIR it out team. When McNair was at his highest, we were throwing the ball. But Fisher really has to trust the QB to do that. Fisher really has his fingers in the offense.

• Tell me about your Defensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What do most people not know about him? What are his tendencies? Etc. . . .

o Defensively, I’m tempted to say we don’t have an identity. We rather not blitz and just use our front 4. Our defensive line is instructed to go balls out. They don’t hold back, where our Lbs. are more read and react. Our secondary is more of a Cover 2 type deal. (2 safeties over top and the CB’s playing the edges) We tend to run 3 DB’s and 2 LBs majority of the time. We don't place a lot of value on the MLB.

• What Defensive Scheme do you follow in the front 7 as well as in coverage? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?
o Our defensive is not an attacking aggressive defense. We play mostly Cover 2. We tell our defensive line to be mostly one gap penetrators. We don’t ask them to read and react. We point and go.

• When drafting, how important is character?

o Ever since Adam Jones, this team has been more aware of character and the things players do off the field. Will we completely remove a player because of it? I don’t know. But I know we haven’t taken many character risk since Adam Jones. Even before him, we passed on Randy Moss because of his character and because of offensive fit.

• During the draft, how active in the past have you been in trades?

o We rarely trade in the draft. Last year was really out the norm for us to trade our 2nd. If we do trade it tends to be lower round picks to move up or down. Once in recent memory have we traded our #1 pick (Kevin Carter). We are a team that really tends to value it's draft picks. In rare times when we have identified a player that we think will really help us, we trade a draft pick. Otherwise, we are holding on to the draft picks.

• Looking at your current roster, who are the up and comers? Who are future starters?

o Jared Cook, Kenny Britt, Gerald McRath, and SenDerrick Marks are guys that going to have to be the playmakers and movers and shakers for this team. SenDerrick Marks has the chance to be a playmaker. Also, William Hayes maybe the next Titan's D-lineman to get some publicity.

• Who is starting but shouldn't? Who is tradable and their value? Who is a lifer?
o Bo Scaife shouldn’t be starting. He is average at best. Lendale White, Bo Scaife, and Jovan Haye are tradeable in my mind. None of them have more than a 4th round value. Micheal Roos is probably my pick to be a lifer.

• During the off-season, how active in the past have you been at trading for veterans?
o We aren’t very active in trading for vets. The last trade I can recall is the trading of a 3rd to Buffalo for Travis Henry. It also is rare.
• What has been the downfall of your team recently?
o Our defense. We haven’t be able to stop anyone, especially through the air.

• Where are your largest holes this off-season?
o Corner Back, Defensive End.

• What are your biggest strengths this off-season?
o Running game

• What will it take for you to win a championship?
o Getting in sync on defense. Finding an approach and philosophy and perfecting it.
bever swats

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^^
Very well put KingTitan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: