Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Foster and Quin fined 5,000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marco79

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Foster and Quin fined 5,000 Reply with quote

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7205971.html
Quote:
Running back Arian Foster and cornerback Glover Quin have been fined $5,000 each for what the NFL calls unnecessary roughness during Sunday's 34-24 victory over Indianapolis.

Foster was fined because he reached out and grabbed the facemask of safety Antoine Bethea near the end of a 42-yard run in the fourth quarter. Foster wasn't penalized.

Quin was penalized 15 yards for hitting receiver Reggie Wayne. The officials and the NFL said Quin hit Wayne when he was in a defenseless position.

Earlier this week, Quin was fined $5,000 by the league for a uniform violation not wearing his socks correctly.

Really?
Grasspike

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Foster and Quin fined 5,000 Reply with quote

Marco79 wrote:
Quote:
Running back Arian Foster and cornerback Glover Quin have been fined $5,000 each for what the NFL calls unnecessary roughness during Sunday's 34-24 victory over Indianapolis.

Foster was fined because he reached out and grabbed the facemask of safety Antoine Bethea near the end of a 42-yard run in the fourth quarter. Foster wasn't penalized.

Quin was penalized 15 yards for hitting receiver Reggie Wayne. The officials and the NFL said Quin hit Wayne when he was in a defenseless position.

Earlier this week, Quin was fined $5,000 by the league for a uniform violation not wearing his socks correctly.

Really?

Yeah, the NFL has a superstrict dress code. That's the only way they can keep everyone wearing the same stuff. Even towel length and bicep band colors are mandated.

These fines happen all the time, but usually don't get much coverage.

Sig by matthouston91
richierich

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Foster and Quin fined 5,000 Reply with quote

Marco79 wrote:
Quote:

Really?

yea man, i remember Ryan Clark put "#21" on his eyeblack after sean taylor died and was fined 5 grand for it

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Foster and Quin fined 5,000 Reply with quote

richierich wrote:
Marco79 wrote:
Quote:

Really?

yea man, i remember Ryan Clark put "#21" on his eyeblack after sean taylor died and was fined 5 grand for it

Yeah but he knew he would get fined and chose to play the victim role and publicize himself "in seans honor" but could have just given the 5 grand to a ccause sean taylor believed in. I don't feel bad for him
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That call on Quin was lame and to be fined for it is even more ridiculous. How can a receiver be defenseless when he catches the ball? It's called a tackle. NFL is really going too far on some of this stuff especially with the double standard employed for "the stars." If that hit is on Kevin Walter nobody bats an eye. I really hope we see some QBs suspended this year for cheap shots like Favre on Wilson last year. I also hope Haynesworth is fined the second he steps on the field this week for retroactive crimes against Matt Schaub.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
AquaEagle2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 grand!?
isnt that about half of Arian's paycheck? Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AquaEagle2 wrote:
5 grand!?
isnt that about half of Arian's paycheck? Laughing

no, I think that's ALL of his paycheck!!

Seriously, Quin, for socks??? Geez. Such a crock
richierich

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Foster and Quin fined 5,000 Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
richierich wrote:
Marco79 wrote:
Quote:

Really?

Yeah but he knew he would get fined and chose to play the victim role and publicize himself "in seans honor" but could have just given the 5 grand to a ccause sean taylor believed in. I don't feel bad for him

w/e dude, quit hatin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Foster and Quin fined 5,000 Reply with quote

richierich wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
richierich wrote:
Marco79 wrote:
Quote:

Really?

w/e dude, quit hatin

Rolling Eyes nice response
richierich

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:21 am    Post subject: Re: Foster and Quin fined 5,000 Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
richierich wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
richierich wrote:
Marco79 wrote:
Quote:

Really?

w/e dude, quit hatin

i mean sayin a dude is "playin the victim role" after his teammate died is ignorant.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Foster and Quin fined 5,000 Reply with quote

richierich wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
richierich wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
richierich wrote:
Marco79 wrote:
Quote:

Really?

w/e dude, quit hatin

i mean sayin a dude is "playin the victim role" after his teammate died is ignorant.

Oh i didn't know he was his teammate. that does change things. i don't think he is "bad" for doing it or my respect doesn't go down for him, i just don't think Roger Goodel is stupid for fining him like the rest of the universe.
richierich

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Foster and Quin fined 5,000 Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
richierich wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
richierich wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
richierich wrote:
Marco79 wrote:
Quote:

Really?

w/e dude, quit hatin

Oh i didn't know he was his teammate. that does change things. i don't think he is "bad" for doing it or my respect doesn't go down for him, i just don't think Roger Goodel is stupid for fining him like the rest of the universe.

yea i guess he wasnt really good when they were teammates so most people dont know he played for the skins, its all good

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: