Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A few mock attempts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: A few mock attempts Reply with quote

I've had fun kicking at the tires of some of your Bengal drafts. Your turn to kick ther crap out of mine. Here are a few versions. One is what I wish would happen, one what i think could realistically happen, and one that happens when the draft worls gets turned upside down and everything gets crazy.

draft1 My Dream draft (Remember the title before you critisize too harshly)

1. Dez Bryant Somehow, the football gods suddenly take pity onus and smile, Dez somehow gets by the Broncos and Dolphins and our prayers are answered (this could also happen if we actually traded up Rolling Eyes )

2. Mardy Gilyard We grabbed our starter in the first, but our backup plan is still staring at us in the second. Say hello to the answer to our slot receiver problems. This also answers all PR questions. Sorry Quan. But Quan might stick over Simpson and/or caldwell.

3a. Anthony McCoy I am still dreaming as my most complete TE is still there in round three, rounding out the offense for carson.

3b (comp) Koa Misi OLB Another American Samoan finds a home in stripes, takes over for Rey at OLB who moves to ILB..

4 Myron Rolle S Now Zimmer is dreaming too. A Rhodes scholar in a Bengal uniform? Directing traffic in ther secondary? What kind of jokes will McShay and Hairdoo Mel make now? ESPN cringes as rating take a huge hit Cool

OK, that was fun. Now for what i can really see happening.

1. Taylor Mays We need a safety. marvin loves the men of troy. match made in heaven if Mayes gets past Oakland.

2. Damien Williams or Mardy Gilyard Did I mention Marvin loves USC Trojan players? One of these two slips to us in round two. We take whichever is there. Personally, I think Williams is better, but mardy is a Bearcat, so...... but remember I live in Indiana

3. Best TE still on the board. McCoy? Gronkowski? Pitta?

3b. AJ Eads MLB Still think we take Misi, but to add spice lets say we leave Rey outside and take a MLB

4. Mike Williams Mike Brown can't help himself. He looks at the Syracuse WR and sees Chris Henry all over again. Somehow, Marvin sighs and makes it work out in the end

And now for the "It's the end of the world as we know it and someone lets us trade down for two extra 2nd rounders or a 2nd rounder and a 3rd

2a Gilyard/Williams
2b Gresham I don't like him much, but many of you do, so you can have him. i hope I am wrong if we grab him
2c One of the safeties, lets say Burnett

3a. WR best one left (M.Williams)
3b. Misi
ohiostate#1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are people so set on replacing Quan as a return man?

He was an amazing return man this year. Game changer in some instances. He's our return man for the future. 12 yards per punt return. That's nice.

Bernard Scott is an impact kick returner. So I think we are set as far as return men go. Caldwell should not be cut. At least he's a nice option on the short passes and in general has good hands. Simpson, I have no problems cutting him.

I feel the second draft would be the best. Though I doubt that Gronkowski lasts until the third. I have him as the top TE in the class. The most complete (so I believe.)

I don't want Damian Williams because he's not a deep threat. He's a possession receiver who struggles to get separation in man-man coverage because of lack of speed. 4.55 or so 40. I'd much rather have Jeremy or Mike Williams.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I love that first draft. I would take it even if we took someone other than Bryant in the first. The rest of the draft is really good.

I like the 2nd but don't love it. I can easily see this team taking Mike Williams. I almost expect it.

I would love to trade down in or out of the first if the top guys are gone. I dont expect it but I would really like it

Good job overall

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiostate#1 wrote:

He was an amazing return man this year. Game changer in some instances. He's our return man for the future. 12 yards per punt return. That's nice.

Bernard Scott is an impact kick returner. So I think we are set as far as return men go. .

I probably didn't word that the best. Quan is fine as a returner. He has great hands. he gets good yardage. he breaks one now and then. With Mardy, we have options. And depth. same for KO returns with Scott. Mardy provides depth. if the team signs TO or some other veteran WR, someone has to go. Mike Brown will keep the second round pick over the rookie free agent every time if he has a replacement, hence the 'sorry Quan" comment. I was running short on time, but you bring up valid points. I would rather cut an aging vet like Coles over a young guy like Cosby who would help you far more years down the line, but this team looks to be loading up to make a big run next season, so we will see.
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
ohiostate#1 wrote:

Bernard Scott is an impact kick returner. So I think we are set as far as return men go. .

I probably didn't word that the best. Quan is fine as a returner. He has great hands. he gets good yardage. he breaks one now and then. With Mardy, we have options. And depth. same for KO returns with Scott. Mardy provides depth. if the team signs TO or some other veteran WR, someone has to go. Mike Brown will keep the second round pick over the rookie free agent every time if he has a replacement, hence the 'sorry Quan" comment. I was running short on time, but you bring up valid points. I would rather cut an aging vet like Coles over a young guy like Cosby who would help you far more years down the line, but this team looks to be loading up to make a big run next season, so we will see.

I don't know about that. We were pretty quick to get rid of guys like Ahmad Brooks, Kelly Washington and Keiwann Ratliff when they weren't producing and we had better options. Those are all second and third rounders.

Quan is a better returner, and he's been the better receiver. I have no doubt he's higher on the list than Simpson. I just don't see the club being stupid enough to get rid of a proven returner because they 'might' have found another one and because they have a bust second rounder they're obliged to give another year.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Kazkal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1. Taylor Mays We need a safety. marvin loves the men of troy. match made in heaven if Mayes gets past Oakland.

With Crazy Al Davis running ship it's possible though I could see him going to the Slew of teams that pick before us to Seahawks,49ers,Steelers,falcons & Texans could all use a Safety

Quote:

2. Damien Williams or Mardy Gilyard Did I mention Marvin loves USC Trojan players? One of these two slips to us in round two. We take whichever is there. Personally, I think Williams is better, but mardy is a Bearcat, so...... but remember I live in Indiana

Be Happy with either but I really do like Mardy and would love to see him become a bengal
Quote:

3. Best TE still on the board. McCoy? Gronkowski? Pitta?

3rd round TE be fine
Quote:

3b. AJ Eads MLB Still think we take Misi, but to add spice lets say we leave Rey outside and take a MLB

Rather have Rey Inside then Eads and I'd rather have a Guard at this point then a MLB...
Quote:

4. Mike Williams Mike Brown can't help himself. He looks at the Syracuse WR and sees Chris Henry all over again. Somehow, Marvin sighs and makes it work out in the end

This be fine

my only real complaint is lack of Guards in your drafts...we Need one even if we resign Bobbie he's 34 and really was suspect imo

PS,only commented on one draft because seemed most realistic
ROBERTFREEMAN

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJ Edds is an OLB and would not be moved inside, he has always played outside.
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ever popular trade down is my favorite option as usual. That would give us 5 picks in the first 3 rounds. If we get an extra 4th for Andrews, that gives us 7 in the first 4, and that should be enough to get all the positions addressed that I want addressed.
I love Edds, but he is a strongside guy and therefore an even better fit than you think.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beck Bristow wrote:
The ever popular trade down is my favorite option as usual. That would give us 5 picks in the first 3 rounds. If we get an extra 4th for Andrews, that gives us 7 in the first 4, and that should be enough to get all the positions addressed that I want addressed.
I love Edds, but he is a strongside guy and therefore an even better fit than you think.

From What I gathered on another forum were supposed to get a 3rd(I was thinking a 4th too for Stacey) But Being it's supposed to be about years played vs Actual age so I guess a 3rd for TJ and then Stacey/ Coles will cancel each other o ut pretty much
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops. By bad. I have no idea where I got the impression that Edds played inside.
wrminning

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiostate#1 wrote:

Bernard Scott is an impact kick returner. So I think we are set as far as return men go. Caldwell should not be cut. At least he's a nice option on the short passes and in general has good hands. Simpson, I have no problems cutting him.

I feel the second draft would be the best. Though I doubt that Gronkowski lasts until the third. I have him as the top TE in the class. The most complete (so I believe.)

I don't want Damian Williams because he's not a deep threat. He's a possession receiver who struggles to get separation in man-man coverage because of lack of speed. 4.55 or so 40. I'd much rather have Jeremy or Mike Williams.

Crosby was great in the first haff of the yr but he developed a studder step in the second half. I think hes OK but I think we can do better.

In really the Bengals were short 2 WR's this year and a starting TE, That 3/4th of Palmers recieving weapons. One was that guy that left us for Seattle and the other was Chris. So Damian would fill the need of a posession reciever and someone like Mike Williams, Thomas, Tate or Gilyard would add to our deep threat. It would be nice to have a guy who could run a good route and catch the ball, the inability to do so killed us this year
Carson4MVP

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kazkal wrote:
Beck Bristow wrote:

From What I gathered on another forum were supposed to get a 3rd(I was thinking a 4th too for Stacey) But Being it's supposed to be about years played vs Actual age so I guess a 3rd for TJ and then Stacey/ Coles will cancel each other o ut pretty much

Wasn't Coles cut by the Jets? If so he won't count against our Comp picks.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:
Kazkal wrote:
Beck Bristow wrote:

Its a weird situation that I cannot explain, but I have looked into it and in the end he does count against our comp picks.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
kacymcbryant18

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was still up for debate. I didn't know the NFL had decided on Coles and his voided contract already. I was holding out hope that we would get another comp for him. But I guess one comp pick is better than none.
wrminning

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Carson4MVP wrote:
Kazkal wrote:
Beck Bristow wrote:

Its a weird situation that I cannot explain, but I have looked into it and in the end he does count against our comp picks.

I thought this was still a debatable issue. Its argued that that the Jets signed Coles to his new deal then released him to FA a couple of days later was a attempt to not lose a comp pick if he signed elsewhere. Its debatable the way it was done to say he was a free agent or a cut player we'll have to wait to see if the NFL lets the Jets pull a slick one or not. We really won't know until the comp list is released.
we could get a 3rd 4th and 6th
don't forget Buffalo signed Fitzpatrick and he started 8 games for them this yr so his value went up for a comp.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: