Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Looking for Insights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Looking for Insights Reply with quote

Working on a project, and could use some help from you guys. I'm going to include a questionaire below, if as many as possible could fill it out and share as much detail as possible, it'd be greatly appreciated.

• Tell me about your Head Coach, his philosophies, and his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?
  • Tell me bout your Offensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?
  • What offensive scheme do you follow in the run, pass and blocking game? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?
  • Tell me about your Defensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What do most people not know about him? What are his tendencies? etc.
  • What Defensive Scheme do you follow in the front 7 as wel as in coverage? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?
  • When drafting, how important is character?
  • During the draft, how active in the past have you been in trades?
  • Looking at your current roster, who are the up and comers? Who are future starters? Who is starting but shouldn't? Who is tradeable and their value? Who is a lifer?
  • During the offseason, how active in the past have you been at trading for veterans?
  • What has been the downfall of your team recently?
  • Where are your largest holes this offseason?
  • What are your biggest strengths this offseason?
  • What will it take for you to win a championship?

I appreciate each and every reply that I receive and promise that this information will be put to very good use in the very near future. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask - I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and try to reply ASAP.

Sig courtesy of mack.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody's a big enough Ravens fan to step up to the plate?

Sig courtesy of mack.
hemm68

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Nobody's a big enough Ravens fan to step up to the plate?

this is the first year i kinda took a break from watching them otherwise i would jump all over this
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try and get to this over the weekend, but it's a lot to write.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:

Looking forward to seeing what you've got

Sig courtesy of mack.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:

Looking forward to seeing what you've got

Wow, so sorry. School and work have not been too kind to me this semester with work. I don't know when I'll get the time to be honest. I actually completely forgot about this. Sorry about that, MaddHatter.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Insights Reply with quote

If anyone feels like correcting or adding anything, especially in the area of schematics as that's not really an area I consider myself an expert in, go for it.

Quote:
[*]Tell me about your Head Coach, his philosophies, and his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?

Harbaugh is a special teams guy. He values hard workers and high character guys. It's important to him to be a tough, physical team. What most people don't know about him is that he makes awful in game decisions where clock management, timeouts, and challenges are concerned. He has also made a lot of questionable additions to his coaching staff. However, he is a high energy guy and a good motivator.

Quote:
[*]Tell me bout your Offensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?

Cam Cameron is a creative guy. He does a lot of clever things with off balanced lines and the occasional trick play. He likes to run the ball a lot, often setting up the playaction. Flacco barely ever lines up in the gun. Often he plays it to close to the vest. A quote from another Ravens poster summed it up pretty good when he said something to the effect of, "when things aren't going well Cam Cameron calls the game like someone has a gun to his familiy's heads."

Quote:
[*]What offensive scheme do you follow in the run, pass and blocking game? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?

We are run heavy. Mostly man blocking. We use the offbalanced line. The fullback is important in our offense. It's pretty much a must that everyone on offense can block. Flacco is almost always under center and we don't often have more than 2 WRs on the field at the same time. Although, early in 09 we looked like we were trying to become a passing team. I think with the addition of Boldin we will keep trying to go in that direction.

Quote:
[*]Tell me about your Defensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What do most people not know about him? What are his tendencies? etc.

Plain vanilla. Not really much else to say.

Quote:
[*]What Defensive Scheme do you follow in the front 7 as wel as in coverage? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?

We are still listed as a 3-4 on the depth chart. But more often than not we played 4-3 or some kind of four man front with Suggs lining up with his hand on the ground. Also, it didn't appear like we made any effort to keep Bannan or Edwards who outside of Ngata were probably our two best YOUNG 3-4 linemen. We still blitz more than most teams, but nothing really intricate. We play a lot of prevent late in games. What people don't know is that we don't use a 3 man front often.

Quote:
[*]When drafting, how important is character?

Extremely. Almost everyone we have drafted in recent years has been a high character, hard worker. The only guy off the top of my head who had any questions about work ethic coming out was Haloti Ngata.

Quote:
[*]During the draft, how active in the past have you been in trades?

Very. We traded up to get Boller, Ngata, Flacco, and Oher. Usually it's only for a player who meets our biggest need at the time. Usually at a point in the draft where they are at or near the top of our board.

Quote:
[*]Looking at your current roster, who are the up and comers? Who are future starters? Who is starting but shouldn't? Who is tradeable and their value? Who is a lifer?

Future starters

*might already be starters in 2010

Lardarius Webb(CB)*. A lot of us considered him to be the spark on defense that got our defense playing great again after struggling in the first half of the season.

Tom Zbikowski(S)

Danell Ellerbe(LB)*

Up and comers

Marshal Yanda. Many feel he is our best O Lineman.

Michael Oher. One of the best RTs in the league as a rookie. Could be the future at LT(run game was unstoppable when he did start on the left.)

Starting but shouldn't

Fabian Washington if he starts over Webb.

I don't see a place for Jarrett Johnson in a 4-3.

Tradable

Jared Gaither(nothing less than a 1st rounder)
Willis McGahee(a 4th would be my guess as he isn't a young player and plays the easiest position in the league to find talented players at)

Lifers

Joe Flacco
Ray Rice
Anquan Boldin
Michael Oher
Haloti Ngata
Ray Lewis
Ed Reed

Quote:
[*]During the offseason, how active in the past have you been at trading for veterans?

Off the top of my head, Boldin is the first veteran we have traded for in a while.

Quote:
[*]What has been the downfall of your team recently?

Penalties and injuries at CB. We were plagued by pass interference and illegal contact calls all year. And in the past few years, most of our CBs seem to have went down at the most innoportune times.

Lack of firepower on offense, specifically at WR. Ray Rice was a big playmaker. Other than him we had a few solid guys who could move the chains. But noone who could consistently make big plays.

Pass rush. We got virtually no interior pass rush and we don't really have anyone with much speed off the edge.

Quote:
[*]Where are your largest holes this offseason?

This is all under the assumption that we intend to be a 4-3 team

3 technique DT. As previously stated, no interior pass rush.

LDE

OLB

Most people who read this will be suprised not to see CB at the top, but I don't consider it a pressing need as we really like Webb and Foxworth was solid.

Quote:
[*]What are your biggest strengths this offseason?

O Line
Run defense

Quote:
[*]What will it take for you to win a championship?

Stay healthy and be more disciplined. We have the roster to get it done.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good post DontTazeMeBro, don't really have anything to add to it. I see this is being linked as a reference in the Mock Draft Forum for team needs and such, so I'll just list mine. In order they are:

4-3 UT
TE
WR
CB
4-3 DE
4-3 OLB

I can see us going in any of these directions early on draft day, but I'd look for the BPA at one of these needs to be the pick (in any round for that matter).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: