Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Looking for Insights

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 45064
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Looking for Insights Reply with quote

Working on a project, and could use some help from you guys. I'm going to include a questionaire below, if as many as possible could fill it out and share as much detail as possible, it'd be greatly appreciated.

  • Tell me about your Head Coach, his philosophies, and his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?
  • Tell me bout your Offensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?
  • What offensive scheme do you follow in the run, pass and blocking game? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?
  • Tell me about your Defensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What do most people not know about him? What are his tendencies? etc.
  • What Defensive Scheme do you follow in the front 7 as wel as in coverage? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?
  • When drafting, how important is character?
  • During the draft, how active in the past have you been in trades?
  • Looking at your current roster, who are the up and comers? Who are future starters? Who is starting but shouldn't? Who is tradeable and their value? Who is a lifer?
  • During the offseason, how active in the past have you been at trading for veterans?
  • What has been the downfall of your team recently?
  • Where are your largest holes this offseason?
  • What are your biggest strengths this offseason?
  • What will it take for you to win a championship?


I appreciate each and every reply that I receive and promise that this information will be put to very good use in the very near future. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask - I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and try to reply ASAP.
_________________


Sig courtesy of mack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
morrison.daniel


Joined: 17 Sep 2009
Posts: 210
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't answer all of them but for the Pats to have a chance this year they need (in order)

1. a pass rush- all of their sacks have been coverage sacks they all take 7-8 seconds before the qb leaves the pocket.
2. better front 7 against the run and more depth at LB- evidence is the ravens game. they new the ravens would run and the celtics still managed to give up 2 first downs before the half on 6 runs.
3. more depth at wr- We can't have sam aiken running around trying to make plays
4. SPECIAL TEAMS- OR ATLEAST AN EXPLOSIVE KICK/PUNT RETURNER- when was the last time they returned a kick or punt 4 a TD? I know edelman and welker were close once but come on!!! Name another team to not have a special team td?
5. Better rbs

Yes the Patriots have a huge history of trades both on draft day (always down) and for older Vets.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wilshirex9


Joined: 02 Oct 2009
Posts: 1299
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

morrison.daniel wrote:
I can't answer all of them but for the Pats to have a chance this year they need (in order)

1. a pass rush- all of their sacks have been coverage sacks they all take 7-8 seconds before the qb leaves the pocket.
2. better front 7 against the run and more depth at LB- evidence is the ravens game. they new the ravens would run and the celtics still managed to give up 2 first downs before the half on 6 runs.
3. more depth at wr- We can't have sam aiken running around trying to make plays
4. SPECIAL TEAMS- OR ATLEAST AN EXPLOSIVE KICK/PUNT RETURNER- when was the last time they returned a kick or punt 4 a TD? I know edelman and welker were close once but come on!!! Name another team to not have a special team td?
5. Better rbs

Yes the Patriots have a huge history of trades both on draft day (always down) and for older Vets.


wot.

Lol.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Third Rider


Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 10272
Location: Running up the score on your favorite team
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Insights Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:


[list][*]Tell me about your Head Coach, his philosophies, and his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?

Hard to answer all of that but I will provide you with a few links of information that you can dissect yourself. I will say though, that BB is a very misunderstood person, everyone seems to think of him as the "Sith Lord" of the NFL when in fact he is a real good person.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2945576/2004-New-England-Patriots-Offense-135-pages

http://www.allthingsbillbelichick.com/quotearchive.htm


I will put more input late.
_________________
If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you won't be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 45064
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff - keep it coming!
_________________


Sig courtesy of mack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
morrison.daniel


Joined: 17 Sep 2009
Posts: 210
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilshirex9 wrote:
morrison.daniel wrote:
I can't answer all of them but for the Pats to have a chance this year they need (in order)

1. a pass rush- all of their sacks have been coverage sacks they all take 7-8 seconds before the qb leaves the pocket.
2. better front 7 against the run and more depth at LB- evidence is the ravens game. they new the ravens would run and the patriots still managed to give up 2 first downs before the half on 6 runs.
3. more depth at wr- We can't have sam aiken running around trying to make plays
4. SPECIAL TEAMS- OR ATLEAST AN EXPLOSIVE KICK/PUNT RETURNER- when was the last time they returned a kick or punt 4 a TD? I know edelman and welker were close once but come on!!! Name another team to not have a special team td?
5. Better rbs

Yes the Patriots have a huge history of trades both on draft day (always down) and for older Vets.


wot.

Lol.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
morrison.daniel


Joined: 17 Sep 2009
Posts: 210
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for Insights Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Working on a project, and could use some help from you guys. I'm going to include a questionaire below, if as many as possible could fill it out and share as much detail as possible, it'd be greatly appreciated.

  • Tell me about your Head Coach, his philosophies, and his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?
  • Tell me bout your Offensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?
  • What offensive scheme do you follow in the run, pass and blocking game? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?
  • Tell me about your Defensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What do most people not know about him? What are his tendencies? etc.
  • What Defensive Scheme do you follow in the front 7 as wel as in coverage? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?
  • When drafting, how important is character?
  • During the draft, how active in the past have you been in trades?
  • Looking at your current roster, who are the up and comers? Who are future starters? Who is starting but shouldn't? Who is tradeable and their value? Who is a lifer?
  • During the offseason, how active in the past have you been at trading for veterans?
  • What has been the downfall of your team recently?
  • Where are your largest holes this offseason?
  • What are your biggest strengths this offseason?
  • What will it take for you to win a championship?


I appreciate each and every reply that I receive and promise that this information will be put to very good use in the very near future. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask - I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and try to reply ASAP.


also character isn't too important in my opinion to the Patriots. They took Meriweather- look up his past. He shot a guy and stepped on someones head during a game. THe Pats used to be concerned about character but not anymore
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth Jay


Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 4260
Location: Worcester, MA
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because of one guy? Who they did their research on? And has been nothing but a great citizen since he's been here?

Yeah... Ok. The kid is a bad character because he did something stupid in the heat of the moment and because he DEFENDED HIMSELF in an incident that I believe left one of his teammates dead.

Good one. I see Mensa in your future.
_________________
Buncha whiners. Yup, that means you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
skatebeanz


Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Posts: 19317
Location: Jamison. on the Sweet-sig.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

morrison.daniel wrote:
when was the last time they returned a kick or punt 4 a TD?
The Lions. They have the worst returning in the NFL
_________________

Sig bet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 45064
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Daniel - Who else can help?
_________________


Sig courtesy of mack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wilshirex9


Joined: 02 Oct 2009
Posts: 1299
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth Jay wrote:
Because of one guy? Who they did their research on? And has been nothing but a great citizen since he's been here?

Yeah... Ok. The kid is a bad character because he did something stupid in the heat of the moment and because he DEFENDED HIMSELF in an incident that I believe left one of his teammates dead.

Good one. I see Mensa in your future.


Don't get all riled up now...

Physically fighting with someone/participating in a riot is something this league doesn't like and see it as a character issue. That's just that.

Now, do I agree? Not really. An organized football game is pretty much just a controlled riot so it's a little hypocritical to me. However, what he said was correct aside from the gun incident. In that case, I'm not sure why he'd have a gun in the first place/would be a target in someone's crosshairs to begin with.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
morrison.daniel


Joined: 17 Sep 2009
Posts: 210
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't deny Meriweather had character issues when he was taken.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group