Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Looking for Insights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Looking for Insights Reply with quote

Working on a project, and could use some help from you guys. I'm going to include a questionaire below, if as many as possible could fill it out and share as much detail as possible, it'd be greatly appreciated.

• Tell me about your Head Coach, his philosophies, and his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?
  • Tell me bout your Offensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?
  • What offensive scheme do you follow in the run, pass and blocking game? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?
  • Tell me about your Defensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What do most people not know about him? What are his tendencies? etc.
  • What Defensive Scheme do you follow in the front 7 as wel as in coverage? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?
  • When drafting, how important is character?
  • During the draft, how active in the past have you been in trades?
  • Looking at your current roster, who are the up and comers? Who are future starters? Who is starting but shouldn't? Who is tradeable and their value? Who is a lifer?
  • During the offseason, how active in the past have you been at trading for veterans?
  • What has been the downfall of your team recently?
  • Where are your largest holes this offseason?
  • What are your biggest strengths this offseason?
  • What will it take for you to win a championship?

I appreciate each and every reply that I receive and promise that this information will be put to very good use in the very near future. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask - I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and try to reply ASAP.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey dude
Tell me about your Head Coach, his philosophies, and his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him? Our coach is great at motivating the players and beating down the cancers on the team, but one thing i noticed hes a bit off a [inappropriate/removed] sometimes like when he runs three hb dives, and plays for the field goal, and we suck at 2 minute drills and sometimes suck at time management

When drafting, how important is character? Not too important i dont think because B. Parcells will whoop the - of anyone who is low character, supposedly Vontae Davis was "low character" we still drafted him

During the draft, how active in the past have you been in trades? We usually make one or two a year i think

Looking at your current roster, who are the up and comers? Up and Comers: Chad Henne Sean Smith Vontae Davis Kendall Langford Jake Long Brian Hartline.

During the offseason, how active in the past have you been at trading for veterans? We used to do it all the time i think but the team is getting younger not too many veterans left

What has been the downfall of your team recently? 4th quarter defense sometimes, 1st half defense sometimes

Where are your largest holes this offseason? Line Backer

What are your biggest strengths this offseason? Defensive End

What will it take for you to win a championship? a couple pieces on defense and a number 1 reciever and ronnie brown staying healthy

so i answered some but not all
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Insights Reply with quote

• Tell me about your Head Coach, his philosophies, and his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?
    Play smart football, play with intensity. Will take a chance and believe in players even when they have not had a chance to prove themselves in game situations before.

• Tell me bout your Offensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?
    Power running; underneath passing.

• What offensive scheme do you follow in the run, pass and blocking game? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?
    Mostly use power plays where we get the FB leading or will pull the O-Linemen to get in front of the RB. We ask the TE to pass block a lot.

• Tell me about your Defensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What do most people not know about him? What are his tendencies? etc.
    Better to ask the Denver Bronco fans.

• What Defensive Scheme do you follow in the front 7 as wel as in coverage? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?
    3-4 with some 4-3 fronts periodically mixed in. Mostly seems to be cover 1 or 3.

• When drafting, how important is character?
    It seems that it is very high.

• During the draft, how active in the past have you been in trades?
    Fairly active with mid-late round selections.

• Looking at your current roster, who are the up and comers? Who are future starters? Who is starting but shouldn't? Who is tradeable and their value? Who is a lifer?

• During the offseason, how active in the past have you been at trading for veterans?
    Not very, any veterans added have been for low round selections and only in the league for a few years.

• What has been the downfall of your team recently?
    Turnovers; Inability to stop the run.

• Where are your largest holes this offseason?
    NT, SOLB, ILB, WR

• What are your biggest strengths this offseason?
    DE, RB, CB, OT, C

• What will it take for you to win a championship?
    Minimal injuries, minimal turnovers; Big play ability.

FF Member #1000
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep it coming boys - preciate it

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of repeating your post, I'll break it down like this.

About Sparano..The best way to discribe him is Blue Collar. He is a down to earth guy that expects all of his players to put forth 100% all of the time. He is detail oriented and studies the nuances of the game. He has suspended players for lying, and for being overweight. He will not stand for disrespect of his team or coaching staff. He expects players to live, eat, sleep, breath, and excrete football. He is a players coach, and will trust his players to make the right decisions, but if they cross him there is no getting back.

In drafting character does count, but work ethic is more important. It doesnt matter what numbers a guy has, he better be prepared. Last year the team drafted Brian Hartline WR, even though he wasnt overly productive in college and didnt have elite size or speed. Many people questioned the pick. Now it seems that he is the steal of the draft. His work ethic was unmatched. He never gives up on plays and will fight for every yard. He isnt that fast but somehow finds ways to get open. This is the type of player that Parcells, Ireland, and Sparano will look for in the draft.

The team doesnt like to trade up, but will trade down if a team is offering enough.

The downfall of our team was the poor decisions of prior coaching staffs. We basically had 4 drafts in a row that produced zero starters.

OLB and NT are the greatest needs. But the team recognizes that without a dominant WR we will be outgunned in the AFC EAST. If a franchise WR is available the phins will strongly consider it.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Eric

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Insights Reply with quote

[*]Tell me about your Head Coach, his philosophies, and his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?

He came in as part of a total overhaul that happened after Bill Parcells came in as VP. He was handpicked by BP. He is a very "blue collar - lunch pail" type and he likes his team to be the same way. When some teams have their guys in shorts and helmets - Sparano will have his guys suit up in pads. Work hard and play smart is his mantra and he played O-line when he played football, coached O-line when he was in Dallas and his philosophies start with the offensive line, which usually includes 1 or 2 TEs who should be blocking like linemen. Most people don't know his 2 sons play football for the Albany Great Danes.

[*]Tell me bout your Offensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?

Dan Henning is very seasoned. He likes to get the best players on the field which in turn dictates what type of offense he runs [thus the Wildcat]. When it's 3rd or 4th and short - it's usually the fullbacks job to get the 1st down - not too many QB sneaks or draws. He likes to get his RBs involved in the passing game whether it be blocking or receiving. You don't usually see the QB alone in the backfield. He does his homework and has no problem throwing in gadget plays.

[*]What offensive scheme do you follow in the run, pass and blocking game? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?

Depends on who's healthy. Even when they had a proven QB in Pennington they would still run the wildcat. It's more of a power/mauling type of run/pass blocking - Guards tend to pull. In the Wildcat the LT lines up to the right of the RT basically taking a TE position. It is not a zone blocking scheme.

[*]Tell me about your Defensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What do most people not know about him? What are his tendencies? etc.

All I know about Mike Nolan is that he makes the most with what he has and that Josh McDaniel ran him out of town because his defensive style is too agressive and he came to Miami because Miami's defense was too vanilla last year.

[*]What Defensive Scheme do you follow in the front 7 as wel as in coverage? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?

3-4 for the front 7. There were usually 4 d-lineman for the nickle package last year - but that might change. I wish I could tell you what our secondary ran - I know it wasn't cover-2, but whatever it was - it was pretty bad.

[*]When drafting, how important is character?

Contrary to popular belief it is very important. I don't know why people think BP magically changes bad attitudes into good ones - look at Joey Porter. This regime really takes character into account. The whole Vontae Davis thing is totally misinterpreted. He was benched once in college and once last year. I think it was done both times to make him realize that talent is not enough, which can be tough to fathom when you're as gifted as Davis is. That's pretty much it.

[*]During the draft, how active in the past have you been in trades?

As active as other teams allow. I know that sounds like a half-@$$ed answer but thems the facts. If this regime hears a good deal on the phone on draft day - they don't hesitate to pull the trigger. If someone gives them a bad trade idea - they don't hesitate to hang up the phone.

[*]Looking at your current roster, who are the up and comers? Who are future starters? Who is starting but shouldn't? Who is tradeable and their value? Who is a lifer?

The up and comers are possibly anyone under the age of 25 that this regime has hand picked. Future Starters -same deal. Everyone is tradeable under the right circumstances and Jake Long is looking like the only lifer on the team. Ted Ginn, Akin Ayodele and Paul Soliai [if Ferg retires] are the ones starting that shouldn't.

[*]During the offseason, how active in the past have you been at trading for veterans?

I don't think they have traded for a veteran - i might be wrong

[*]What has been the downfall of your team recently?

Before BP got here it was the draft. Last year it was turnovers and the defense running out of gas in the 4th Qtr, or just giving up the big play in any qtr.

[*]Where are your largest holes this offseason?

OLB, NT, ILB, and WR - Miami might need a FS depending on what Nolan can do with the Gerbil.

[*]What are your biggest strengths this offseason?

QB, RB, OT, C, DE, CB

[*]What will it take for you to win a championship?

Health, hard work and smart plays.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey QB11, don't sell Chad Henne short now Laughing

Jake Long is hand's down a future dolphinHOF er. But don't forget about Chad. Now as of today he still has work to do, but I have a strong feeling that Henne will be our QB for the next decade.
clevermelvin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake long wont just make the dolphin HOF but its certain hell make the nfl HOF Very Happy
Quarterback11

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericsvibe wrote:
Hey QB11, don't sell Chad Henne short now Laughing

Jake Long is hand's down a future dolphinHOF er. But don't forget about Chad. Now as of today he still has work to do, but I have a strong feeling that Henne will be our QB for the next decade.

I have the same feeling - just can't call him a lifer just yet, as much as I would like to.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: