Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4 GTD: Buffalo @ Houston
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cole416

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Week 4 GTD: Buffalo @ Houston Reply with quote

- Bills @ Texans -
- September 28, Noon -
- Reliant Stadium, Houston -

Texans - It's been an up and down year with wins in Oakland and at home, but we come off a disappointing loss in New York to a struggling Giants team. The defense looked tired, gave up nearly 200 yards to Rashad Jennings and let Eli throw 2 TDs without getting a turnover in the passing game other than a lucky fumble in the redzone. Even the offensive linemen for the Giants said JJ Watt just gave up come the end of the game. There is no way we will be an AFC South contender if we don't win those types of games. It didn't help that Arian didn't play but Alfred Blue was one of the lone bright spots for us, as he had close to 100 total yards and a run of 46 yards.

Our X-Factor has to be Ryan Fitzpatrick. He had some very bad throws last week and if he starts off badly, he'll be hearing the "We want Mallett" chants from the stands. He needs to ball out and have some fun if he wants to start for us this season.

Keys to the Game

1) Stop the speed run of Spiller to make EJ Manuel control the game. We will be more successful if we make Manuel throw a lot rather than letting Spiller and FJax run over us.

2) Make sure you set up the pass with the run. We cant just let Fitz sling it every 1st and 2nd down, we need a plan going into the game. Arian is going to be back probably and he will be fresh and ready to get a good amount of carries. It also helps that Blue did very well last week as he can come in and we dont have to worry about an injury riddled backfield like last year.

3) Give Andre the football. This isn't a key for us winning, it just seems like we win games if we are able to get the ball to him. It sets up Hopkins, Graham, and even Damaris for some easy catches. I want to see him get in the top 8 in both yards and receptions come the end of this season.

4) Shut down Mario. Lets make sure he regrets joining the Bills instead of us since with him we'd arguably have a top 5 front 7 in the NFL.

Fantasy Watch:
Sammy Watkins - START. I see him just burning Joseph a couple times and giving the Bills a push they need.

CJ Spiller - BENCH. No way we let another RB go off on us this week. I love Spiller since he went to Clemson but I love my Texans more.

Andre Johnson - START. With his abysmal game last week there is no doubt in my mind he is ready to have a 10-100 game. Maybe he wont have those exact numbers but I say he will be nice.[/b]

GIF Box:

Adopt a Texan:

Jadeveon Clowney:
3 GP
----
0.0 Sacks
5 Tackles
1 TFL
0 INT
1 STF
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree. I would start Spiller in a heartbeat. He is a top 10 RB play this week. If Jennings ran wild on us, Spiller might do the same thing.

I think this should be a good game. Hopefully Foster plays. Im hoping Fitzpatrick plays great against his old team, but I dont see it. Bills defense is underrated. OL has to play better than last week or Fitz gonna be in trouble against Mario and company. Bills stop the run well. If they force Fitz to pass then we screwed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
I disagree. I would start Spiller in a heartbeat. He is a top 10 RB play this week. If Jennings ran wild on us, Spiller might do the same thing.

I think this should be a good game. Hopefully Foster plays. Im hoping Fitzpatrick plays great against his old team, but I dont see it. Bills defense is underrated. OL has to play better than last week or Fitz gonna be in trouble against Mario and company. Bills stop the run well. If they force Fitz to pass then we screwed.

He's in more of a time share with FJax though. I think Jackson's the one to start with our weak run defense up the middle.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
48 tot, 1 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
shep0507

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not looking forward to Spiller and Jackson this weekend. Hopefully the film sparked an idea in Romeo's head to keep that from happening again.

41-75, 400 Yds 2 TDs 2 INTs/-2 Yd rush
Snap Counter
Mallett 141
Texans 687
Percent: 20.52% Trade:7th rd pick
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a big game, kinda starting off like last year. We won two games despite some obviously holes and then starting in week 3 it imploded. This week is a chance to change all that. The bills looked great the first two weeks but I think we have a better football team.

A win here sending us into the cowboys game at 3-1 would be huge for us. We have a chance to compete for a playoff spot but only if we beat teams like Buffalo.
TejasTom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami vs Oakland (in London) -- Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts (Red)
Carolina @ Baltimore -- Greg Gumbel, Trent Green [AK; HI] (Blue)
Tennessee @ Indianapolis -- Kevin Harlan, Rich Gannon (Green)
Buffalo @ Houston -- Spero Dedes, Solomon Wilcots (Yellow)
Jacksonville @ San Diego (LATE) -- Andrew Catalon, Steve Tasker, Steve Beuerlein (Purple)

WestwoodOne Radio:

Kevin Lee Play-By-Play
Derek Rackley Color Analyst

Referee: Bill Vinovich

Weather at Kickoff: 81 °F, 51% Humidity, 20% Chance of rain

Andre Johnson is seven receptions and 148 yards away from being one of the fastest men in NFL history to reach 950 career receptions and 13,000 yards receiving. On Sunday, Johnson will play in his 158th career game.

The Houston Texans lead the NFL with six forced fumbles through three games this season. All six fumbles have been forced by members of Houston’s starting secondary: CB Johnathan Joseph (2), SS D.J. Swearinger (2) and FS Kendrick Lewis (2). The Texans have recovered four of the fumbles they’ve forced and five total.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is so big, its really exciting. a 3-1 start would be a monster accomplishment for a team that only won 2 games last year, and we finish the first quarter of the season in 1st place in our division. If we are going to compete for a playoff spot, it all starts with beating teams like the Bills who are in the same spot we are.

i have a good feeling about this one! Texans win 24-17
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foster and Lechler are a go, looks like our team is on track in this one. I think if we find a way to establish the run we win easily. If Fitz is forced to throw we are in trouble again. Hopefully he either does good or struggles and we pull him at the half, cannot afford to give games like this one away.

Defense needs to stop the run first and foremost. Make them pass it on you to win.
Cole416

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BILLS-TEXANS INACTIVES

Bills: CB Ross Cockrell, RB Bryce Brown, LB Randell Johnson, OT Cyrus Koundjio, OG Chris Williams, WR Marcus Easley, WR Marquise Goodwin.

Texans: QB Tom Savage, WR DeVier Posey, FS Shiloh Keo, CB A.J. Bouye, SS Eddie Pleasant, OT Jeff Adams, OLB Jadeveon Clowney.

Gotta say im glad Goodwin isn't playing. I can just see him torching our secondary from the slot. Still don't understand why Posey is getting these healthy scratches I really hoped he'd be our starting slot WR.

Adopt a Texan:

Jadeveon Clowney:
3 GP
----
0.0 Sacks
5 Tackles
1 TFL
0 INT
1 STF
dsorc

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Bouye out, who's our nickel CB? Pickett will get his chance to contribute right away, and hopefully that leads to better run D.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have shut down Mario as a Key??? If you guys try to do that then Dareus, Hughes, and Kyle Williams would have field day. You dont wanna shut anyone down in particular rather than contain the entire dline because they will get their pressure.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good start for the defense. Surprised Buffalo started with 3 passes.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can stop Spiller and Jackson no way the Bills win. We just have to hope our offense can sustain long drives to not wear out the defense. Run d looking amazing so far.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our offense still sucks but our defense is holding. Pickett is doing a good job of pushing the Center back.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see we getting pressure on Manuel. Crick is owning the Bills RT. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: