Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Opponents

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: 2014 Opponents Reply with quote

With the regular season over, next years opponents are set. Finishing 4th has it's advantages lol

HOME: Indy, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Buffalo, Philly, Washington

AWAY: Indy, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Cleveland, Pittsburg, Oakland, Dallas Twisted Evil , Giants

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still cant get over our loss to Dallas in 2011. The worst lost I have ever witnessed in person. The emotion and what happened after the game in the parking lots. I want revenge on them!!!

Our schedule isnt that hard. Only 3 teams (Cincy, Philly and Indianapolis) are in the playoffs this season and we play all three of them at home. We will most likely have only 1 primetime game so Im hoping it is the Dallas game or the Colts at home.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a potentially brutal schedule.

Both the NFCE and AFCN had down seasons this year, relatively, I fear a bounce back in 2014.

amazingandre

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
That's a potentially brutal schedule.

Both the NFCE and AFCN had down seasons this year, relatively, I fear a bounce back in 2014.

I agree, this could be a rough schedule. Hopefully our team is up for the challenge.
Quint

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I predict 1 MNF game, and its vs Indy. With the media trying to get in front of the hype train of the Luck v. Bridgewater epic rilvary that will decide the next 10 superbowls Cool
mse326

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone always focuses on the whole schedule. I get the tendency and it could effect seed or WC, but I really never care.

First, things change so much unexpectedly year to year that trying to guess who's schedule is hard now is pointless.

Secondly, we really only need to beat out the rest of our division. Our two different games are Oakland and Buffalo. I don't see either of them amounting to much (I know I'm already violating my first point). The other 3 in those divisions on the other hand can be strong, especially the other three in the west.

#JDI
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/115715

It's laughable how bad our division is...... Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/115715

It's laughable how bad our division is...... :lol: :lol:

two of the worst teams in the NFL in one division will do that. Look how the NFCW and AFCW are the top 8 SOS. Same thing there but reversed. When division opponents' records count for double in the calculation, the two ends of the spectrum will escalate the results
Hannibal3188

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan on going to both the Cleveland and Pittsburgh games. I picked a good year to graduate from college and get a real job with them playing close to me twice this year. I can actually afford some good tickets Very Happy
texandominance

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hannibal3188 wrote:
I plan on going to both the Cleveland and Pittsburgh games. I picked a good year to graduate from college and get a real job with them playing close to me twice this year. I can actually afford some good tickets :D

The closest I've been to is 2 preseason games for 10$ total while I was in college. Now that I have a real job, they aren't coming close to me. Luckily this year, I'll be able to go to all three Astros/Twins games so I do get a little bit of the Houston sports.

Eventually once I get my license, I'm going to fly down to Houston for a game.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we draft Johnny Manziel we will get a Monday, Thursday and Sunday night game.

And I wouldn't be surprised if drafting him was enough to get us against the cowboys on thanksgiving

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
If we draft Johnny Manziel we will get a Monday, Thursday and Sunday night game.

And I wouldn't be surprised if drafting him was enough to get us against the cowboys on thanksgiving

The money is secondary to winning in McNair's eyes.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:

No doubt the media loves Manziel. They also love any player that does stupid things. I expect the Tebow treatment for Manziel next year.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

laughable shedule 10-6 - 12-4..... pretty fun.... escaping play-off's games means, we have disgusting team(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: