Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Introduce Yourself!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScottishSoup wrote:
Ok, I have been reading the boards for a while, but just decided to join. Was always a long time Oilers fan, but since the move to Tennessee, I have not really followed a team until now with the Texans.

I live in DC but am an avid Texans fan.

If you want to know anything, please ask. I will be getting a sig up here soon and an avitar that suits the Texan pride.

I ultimately hate the Cowboys, and wanted to root for a team that wants to develop and has all the tools to be a contender. I like the Texans and what they are doing and decided to start backing them instead of watching football blindly.

You made an excellent choice my friend Cool Welcome
solutiondown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello from Austin. I'm Joe. I don't have any quirky or funny jokes to start out with, so here we go.

I was born in Pittsburgh into a family that bleeds gold and black and have always been a Steeler fan. I still love 'em, but growing up I started to really follow the Oilers. We lived in Texas for a while and I spent my college years in San Antonio, and it may have been more rebellion than anything, but there was something about the Cowboys that just irked me like crazy. Those feelings haven't changed, and I started regularly tuning in to local coverage of the Oilers.

I was pretty depressed with the Oilers moved and started following the Texans when they were in their organizational phase. I haven't missed many plays or games since that time, and just really genuinely enjoy being a part of the new franchise. It's been a heck of a lot of fun (and at times really darn frustrating) so far, and I'm finding myself more passionate about the team on a week-to-week basis.

Anyways, long time lurker turned sporadic poster. Thanks for letting me be part of the community.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

solutiondown wrote:
Hello from Austin. I'm Joe. I don't have any quirky or funny jokes to start out with, so here we go.

I was born in Pittsburgh into a family that bleeds gold and black and have always been a Steeler fan. I still love 'em, but growing up I started to really follow the Oilers. We lived in Texas for a while and I spent my college years in San Antonio, and it may have been more rebellion than anything, but there was something about the Cowboys that just irked me like crazy. Those feelings haven't changed, and I started regularly tuning in to local coverage of the Oilers.

I was pretty depressed with the Oilers moved and started following the Texans when they were in their organizational phase. I haven't missed many plays or games since that time, and just really genuinely enjoy being a part of the new franchise. It's been a heck of a lot of fun (and at times really darn frustrating) so far, and I'm finding myself more passionate about the team on a week-to-week basis.

Anyways, long time lurker turned sporadic poster. Thanks for letting me be part of the community.

Welcome to the madness!

Very Happy

EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

solutiondown wrote:

Great to have you aboard! Can't wait to see more of you in these parts! Very Happy

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
YellowSCRE4MS

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone!
Im going to keep it short. Been reading the boards for about 2 years and finally decided to create an account. Was born and raised in Houston so im a long time Oilers and Texans fan. I look foward to talking Texans with yall for the rest of the season and post season! Very Happy
LORK 88

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YellowSCRE4MS wrote:
Hello everyone!
Im going to keep it short. Been reading the boards for about 2 years and finally decided to create an account. Was born and raised in Houston so im a long time Oilers and Texans fan. I look foward to talking Texans with yall for the rest of the season and post season! Very Happy

Welcome aboard!

TEXANS NATION LONGTIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
FFGL 1 Champ = Team Lork
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YellowSCRE4MS wrote:
Hello everyone!

Glad to have you in Texans Nation. Hope to talk more Texans sports with you this season and hopefully beyond. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, my name is Becoh and I'm a closet Texans fan.

My favorite team, the Lions are incredibly frustrating to watch and our section of the forum is consistently trolled by Packers fans.....so I'm adopting the Texans as my new AFC team.

I was a big fan of Brandon Harris coming out of school, and ET is my favorite mod so it makes sense for me to linger around here.

See you guys (and hopefully gals) around.

2011 Adopt a Lion - Doug Hogue - 4 Tackles 1 FF
PSN - becoh
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

becoh wrote:
...and ET is my favorite mod so it makes sense for me to linger around here.

Me? Heck, in our Mod Fantasy league, I even avoided drafting ET. mse was my 1st round pick, followed up by LORK. (I was in the 12th slot in a snake draft, so it was back-to-back picks...)

Glad to have a cross-team fan! Go Texans and Go Lions! Very Happy

longhorntexan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I've followed you guys for a while now, but need something to do to take my mind off of late night study sessions at THE University of Texas at Austin. I'm a first year Chem (pre-med) major, and might I say, our freshman football class is gonna tear it up come 2013. Born and raised in Houston and have been a Texans fan as long as I can remember. Don't expect too much of me, but hopefully I can contribute. Laughing
Longhorns90

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

longhorntexan wrote:
Hey guys, I've followed you guys for a while now, but need something to do to take my mind off of late night study sessions at THE University of Texas at Austin. I'm a first year Chem (pre-med) major, and might I say, our freshman football class is gonna tear it up come 2013. Born and raised in Houston and have been a Texans fan as long as I can remember. Don't expect too much of me, but hopefully I can contribute. Laughing

Heh, a fellow Texans/Longhorns fan. Welcome!

Planning on going to the K-State game?
longhorntexan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I am. I'll be in Section 38 underneath the jumbotron next to the band and the ditzy sorority girls.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

longhorntexan wrote:

Welcome to the boards! Make yourself at home, can't wait to talk Texans with you!

Longhorns90

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

longhorntexan wrote:
Yes I am. I'll be in Section 38 underneath the jumbotron next to the band and the ditzy sorority girls.

Only got to sit over there once - my season tickets the last few years have ended up in 28/29, on the Northeast corner (opposite end-zone, right side looking from Godzillatron)

Will be my last game as a student, so I hope they'll pull it out. Need Brown and Bergeron to be back so that we can pretend to have at least some semblance of an offense.

Anyways, beside the point. Welcome to the Houston board.
longhorntexan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I've been over there a few times. I like it a lot. Something with the acoustics of the stadium, but there is zero crowd noise out where the band is. I could have gone to the A&M game, but I'd rather watch it with all my aggie relatives at home. I might be able to sneak the Baylor game, and depending on the bowl, I might splurge.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 34 of 38

Jump to: