Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Introduce Yourself!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigD31

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a die hard Cowboys fan and sport the Blue and Silver on Sundays but I must say 2 years in Houston has forced me get a little more red in the wardrobe.

Cowboys vs. Texans=A Super Bowl with balls.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Texans aren't my favorite team, but I certainly don't dislike them. I tend to like new teams just so I could say I have followed them since day one. Still, the Browns and the Eagles are my main teams.

I'm really liking how the Texans are starting to turn out - Mario Williams, DeMeco Ryans, Spencer, Eric Winston, David Carr, etc.

My predictions for Houston is that they will finish somewhere in between 5-11 and 7-9 since this could be considered a rebuilding year. LaRon Landry should be a good pick for Houston next year if he's on the board by the time they pick.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: My introduction Reply with quote

Well, I'm going more official with my Texans support. So I'll give some details as to my fan stateus. I live in Arizona. but I gave up on the Cardinals. I pity Matt Leinhart, he seems like he has some talent but he's trying to run a race against the other rookies drafted but the Cardinals aren't giant weights that he has to lug around and prevent him from being as good as he is.

I started to think about being a Texans fan when I got the PC game NFL Head Coach. I wanted a team that was interesting, not the usual Steelers, Colts, Cowboys, etc. So I picked the team from Houston and I playe dwith the team and just grew fond.

I decided to declare my fanship today as I was at my local mall and I found the only piece of Texans fanship was a hat at the Hat Club. The other sports store didn't have anything from the Texans. (Oh but they had an abundance of Manning gear) Today, along with my Texans hat, I'm sporting a deep steel blue sweatshirt and some Battle Red spaghetti stains. =)

I'm a relatively young guy. 20 as of last month. Been married for about 7 months, and expecting my first child (a son) in February. I've already been scoping out Texans gear for him as soon as he leaves the womb.

I'm hoping to really get into this community.

As far as my view on the big draft debate of Williams vs. Bush and which the texans should've drafted:
Like I said I'm not too old and don't know all of the ins and outs of each teams weakness but back in the draft Dommanick Davis seemed to be a capable back and their DL sure didn't seem to strong. My $.02
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
texansfan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: My introduction Reply with quote

leif-texansfan wrote:
Well, I'm going more official with my Texans support. So I'll give some details as to my fan stateus. I live in Arizona. but I gave up on the Cardinals. I pity Matt Leinhart, he seems like he has some talent but he's trying to run a race against the other rookies drafted but the Cardinals aren't giant weights that he has to lug around and prevent him from being as good as he is.

I started to think about being a Texans fan when I got the PC game NFL Head Coach. I wanted a team that was interesting, not the usual Steelers, Colts, Cowboys, etc. So I picked the team from Houston and I playe dwith the team and just grew fond.

I decided to declare my fanship today as I was at my local mall and I found the only piece of Texans fanship was a hat at the Hat Club. The other sports store didn't have anything from the Texans. (Oh but they had an abundance of Manning gear) Today, along with my Texans hat, I'm sporting a deep steel blue sweatshirt and some Battle Red spaghetti stains. =)

I'm a relatively young guy. 20 as of last month. Been married for about 7 months, and expecting my first child (a son) in February. I've already been scoping out Texans gear for him as soon as he leaves the womb.

I'm hoping to really get into this community.

As far as my view on the big draft debate of Williams vs. Bush and which the texans should've drafted:
Like I said I'm not too old and don't know all of the ins and outs of each teams weakness but back in the draft Dommanick Davis seemed to be a capable back and their DL sure didn't seem to strong. My $.02

Welcome aboard. Always nice to have another Texans fan join the forum to lend their opinion on some of the arguments.

As well, congrats on the marriage and upcoming child. Looking forward to hearing what you have to say over the next little while.
leif-texansfan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Looking forward to hearing what you have to say over the next little while.

I usually make my job is to bring the obvious but often forgotten back to the table. Things like simple logic and such. I'm not too smart though, I know I have a lot to learn.

I have one question though: What's the deal with Carr? In some respects he looks like a good quarterback with a long and fruitiful future, and in some ways he looks like a he was a little over-priced considering he was first overall in the draft that year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dangerous59

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I am new here but am a huge Houston Texan fan. My username is named after the best Houston defensive player, Demeco Ryans. I have been reading the forum for a while but been to lazy to register.

Well maybe me signing onto the forums will kick start the Texans to winning the rest of the games and make the post-season. Laughing
goose85

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great to have you guys, dont hesitate to make your opinions made.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Texans, my home team away from home. Reply with quote

I'm from St. Louis but my two favorite teams in the NFL are the Texans and Bengals. I absolutely love teams and organazations that build from the ground up, through the draft and seldomely through free agency. I believe both of these teams do that. Anyway back to Texans football, I wish I had the Sunday Ticket so I could see Houston games on TV. But I'm stuck using the internet to follow games live, sucks but better than nothing. I love Mario Williams, I defintly think the Texans made the right pick. He'll be a Pro Bowler in the next few years, the Texans staff just needs to surround him with the right playmakers and compliment players for him to succeed. Julius Peppers has Kris Jenkins, Mike Rucker, Dan Morgan, Gamble, Lucas, Minter, hell the whole defense compliments Peppers, thats why he succeeds. I think Robinson, Ryans, and Johnson will eventually all click and maybe a few more players in the draft and watch out! Also I think I have a man crush on David Carr. Jesus. The idiot coach Dom Capers and Charlie Caserly didn't put Carr in a position to succeed, but now that a offensive minded, quarterbacks coach has taken over I believe Carr has gotten back on track to PROgression and back to becoming one of the more consistent QB's in the league. Just look at the plays Kubiak has called, all confidence building plays. So, thanks for reading I hope the Texans get a chance to draft Adrain Peterson. When I think of Carr, Johnson, and Peterson. Man, I think of Palmer, Johnson, and Johnson. I think of Manning, Harrison, and James. I think of Rivers, Tomilson, and Gates. It just makes me crazy that next year can't come fast enough. Well maybe not that crazy, I still love 2006-07 season.
fansincela

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originally from L.A. Now live in Houston. Age 47; accountant.
I have stayed a Rams fan even with the move. Saw my first game in '67. Texans are a close #2 in my heart. Arizona State grad so I like Pac-10 football and U of H, Texas Tech also.
I like the direction the Texans are taking. I think Spencer's injury was more devastating to our season than people realize. He looks like a real keeper!
I would love to see Joe Thomas or Paul Pozlunsky drafted.
texansfan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the board guys.

Even though the Texans aren't your favorite teams, it's good to have some guys who still are fans of the team. Look forward to reading some posts from both of you.

Welcome.
goose85

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look forward to your posts and replies

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texansfan wrote:
Welcome to the board guys.

Even though the Texans aren't your favorite teams, it's good to have some guys who still are fans of the team. Look forward to reading some posts from both of you.

Welcome.

Thanks! This is fun. Looks like 2007 draft is a good one. It looks like there's something for everyone.
lightsout

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

been here not too long but didn't want to post thought it was time to throw it up im 19 and texans and titans are my team still would of liked to see vince in red white and steel blue i live in the city i love H-town and my name lights out is cause im hoping that's what mario williams will do to qb's when he gets' to them
APeterson_Texan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where, oh where are my manners...

Posting my opinions without even introducing myself. Shame on me.

My Houston football roots go way back to the Run n' Shoot days of the good 'ol Houston Oilers. Warren Moon, Lorenzo White, Haywood Jeffries, Ernest Givens, Drew Hill, Webster Slaughter, Curtis Duncan...now THOSE were my idols.

I remember a fateful day in 1992, when the Oliers squandered a 32 point lead to the Buffalo Bills...I was a youngin back then and I cried like some 3rd grade schoolgirl who skinned her knees. Same deal in 1993; not only did the Oilers lose to KC back then, but Joe Montana died for me that day. (Not that I would wish ill will for Smokin Joe...in fact, he prolly my #2 favorite player of all time, behind Moon.)

I also remember the panic when the Oilers were announcing a relocation to Nashville. I was one of the 31 people there at the "Save the Oilers" rally...skipped a day of school for that and got quite a beating from my parents. They didn't understand that the Oilers were much more important than To Kill a Mockingbird...

When the Oilers deserted the good 'ol Astrodome, they were dead to me. Steve McNair? Dead. Eddie George? Dead. Blaine Bishop? (my personal #3...) Well, not dead...but estranged.

Pro football was kind of a blur after that. Thank goodness my Florida State Seminoles were in a rebirth during those days, or I woulda lost all feel for the pigskin. Jeff Bagwell and Craig Biggio also numbed the pain...but something was missing.

Finally, the football powers that be decided that LA was a mess and that Bob McNair was the man with the plan...and then, I had something to live for on Sunday. Football was back...and I was ready.

Will the Texans ever elevate themselves as the Oilers did...on the field and in our hearts? Time will tell...all I know is that I'll be there whether or not they do.

That's my story and I'm stickin to it. Dancing
kenney

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit.

Last edited by kenney on Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:44 am; edited 2 times in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 3 of 38

Jump to: