Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens TE Dennis Pitta is out for the season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Ravens TE Dennis Pitta is out for the season Reply with quote

Quote:
Now, with further testing it's feared that Dennis Pitta does have a fracture. He did dislocate it

https://twitter.com/RavensInsider/status/513792627313876992

Quote:
This is a potential season-ending injury for Dennis Pitta

https://twitter.com/RavensInsider/status/513795479587397632

***Update***
Ravens announced that Pitta is out for the season.
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy is just injury prone. Sucks.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's 29 and possibly just had his second dislocated and fractured hip in the space of two years. It's not just potentially season ending. Crying or Very sad

Terrible thing to happen, for Pitta and for the Ravens. I hope he can recover again, but an injury like this? Each time it reoccurs, he might be weakening the joint dangerously.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Guy is just injury prone. Sucks.

Well, he's prone to suffering the same injury at least. If his hip joint just keeps getting weaker... Yuck. I agree with Mancunian if it fractured again. My hope was it just looked bad but wasn't too serious because of the non-contact but that seems less likely to be the case right now.
Go_Ravens2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 7m
Dennis Pitta will undergo surgery to repair the damage to his dislocated right hip and also has a fracture, team sources believe

Looks like the fracture is all but confirmed. Unfortunately, this could potentially be the end of his NFL Career. Hopefully he can come back, but from what I've been seeing online, this could be it for him. Wish him the best in his recovery.

GO RAVENS!!
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ravens-tight-end-dennis-pitta-to-undergo-surgery-team-believes-he-has-fracture-sources-say-20140922,0,7067353.story

Quote:
When Pitta underwent surgery on his hip last year, doctors told the former Ravens fourth-round draft pick that the chance of recurrence was extremely low because of the rarity of the injury and how well the procedure and rehabilitation went.

Crying or Very sad
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, now it has reoccurred, I imagine that the chances of successful rehab and being able to play again are much lower.

I love Dennis Pitta, but if he's risking his long term health, he should just walk away. Not only will the joint be weakened, but there are a lot of important blood vessels and nerves in that area, that could be damaged by trauma to the hip.

And just rereading this article about the first injury, makes me so sad that he had to go through it again:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Byrne-Identity-Dennis-Pitta-Talks-Excruciating-Injury-Coming-Back/cc360586-d5dd-4820-a8fa-3096a7138a5d

You know that, as soon as it happened, he knew exactly what it was, and what he was going to have to go through, all over again.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys. I hate when guys get injured playing against us Mad Hope he has a speedy recovery and can carry on with his career!

<3 JF
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to square one with the TE situation. Great. And after next year we're back to square one at WR as well. Fantastic.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Ravens announced that Pitta is out for the season.
Tom Brady Tribute
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously his long term ability to play is in question. IF he can't return to field or return to being the same guy, I still don't regret the big extension we just gave him.

In the SB run, he had TDs against the Colts, Pats, and 49ers. Against Denver had one of the biggest and most underrated plays in Ravens' history:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0ZlNXSUrpE#t=7m22s

Without that play to help us flip the field, it would have been extremely hard to keep them out of FG range, and have Manning press like he did in throwing the pick after they got the ball.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm optimistic about this not being as crippling as it was for our offense last year. Pitta was the only shifty guy who could get open on underneath routes. We couldn't convert with quick passes on 3rd down without that.

Now we have Smith Sr and he knows how to get open. Might even try some Campanaro in those spots.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
I'm optimistic about this not being as crippling as it was for our offense last year. Pitta was the only shifty guy who could get open on underneath routes. We couldn't convert with quick passes on 3rd down without that.

Now we have Smith Sr and he knows how to get open. Might even try some Campanaro in those spots.

Not to mention Daniels is actually able to catch a football unlike Dickson and Clark were.

Him being out sucks but we are definitely more able to handle it this season. As for his long-term outlook, I think it may be best for him to just hang em up unfortunately. I love Pitta but it's clear it's not going to be right moving forward, especially if that happens on a non-contact play.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: