Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Early Roster Predictions

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
rayvens4sb


Joined: 30 Dec 2010
Posts: 288
Location: US
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 2:08 pm    Post subject: Early Roster Predictions Reply with quote

I know it's early, but what are your guys' predictions for the 53 man roster come September?

Here's mine:


Offense (24)
QB (2): Flacco, Schaub
FB (1): Juszczyk
RB (3): Forsett, Taliaferro, Allen
WR1 (3): Smith, Aiken, Brown
WR2 (3): Perriman, Campanaro, Waller
LT (2): Monroe, Hurst
LG (2): Osemele, Myers
C (2): Zuttah, Jensen
RG (2): Yanda, Urschel
RT (1): Wagner
TE (3): Williams, Gillmore, Boyle


Defense (26)
DT (2): Jernigan, Guy
NT (2): Williams, Davis
DE (4): Canty, Tyson, Lewis-Moore, Urban
OLB1 (2): Suggs, Smith
OLB2 (2): Dumervil, Upshaw
ILB1 (2): Mosley, Brown
ILB2 (3): Smith, Orr, McClellan
CB1(3): Smith, Walker, Levine
CB2(2): Webb, Jackson
SS (2): Hill, Elam
FS (2): Brooks, Lewis

Special Teams (3)
P (1): Koch
K (1): Tucker
LS (1): Cox


This is my first time doing this, so it's probably terrible and feel free to criticize.

Edit: I can't maths


Last edited by rayvens4sb on Fri May 08, 2015 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stance Punk


Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 1666
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I counted 27 for your defense. 25 + 27 + 3 = 55

For offense, I'd predict pretty much the same other than Jah Reid. I think he will be cut. I kind of think we will carry 4 TEs(add on Pitta to your list), they seem optimistic about his return but they need to plan for the worst.

For defense I'm really hoping Rashaan Melvin can play well to make the team. Wouldn't be surprised if our CBs are 6 deep with what happened last year. Especially with Levine being able to play S and CB.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rayvens4sb


Joined: 30 Dec 2010
Posts: 288
Location: US
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stance Punk wrote:
I think I counted 27 for your defense. 25 + 27 + 3 = 55

For offense, I'd predict pretty much the same other than Jah Reid. I think he will be cut. I kind of think we will carry 4 TEs(add on Pitta to your list), they seem optimistic about his return but they need to plan for the worst.

For defense I'm really hoping Rashaan Melvin can play well to make the team. Wouldn't be surprised if our CBs are 6 deep with what happened last year. Especially with Levine being able to play S and CB.


Yeah you're right. I can't count. Took out Reid and Bilukidi. I'm still not optimistic about Pitta being back so I didn't include him, but of course it would be great if he could. However, 4 TEs seems excessive, especially with Juszczyk playing in a similar role as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mancunian Raven


Joined: 09 Oct 2012
Posts: 2681
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As things stand at the moment, I'd be surprised if Melvin wasn't on the final 53. He showed some potential last year, and I expect the Ravens to try to keep six CBs, after what happened last year.

They also seem to really like Steven Means at DE, but I don't see where he might find a spot.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 10395
Location: MD
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offense (24)
QB (2): Flacco, Schaub
FB (1): Juszczyk
RB (3): Forsett, Taliaferro, Allen
WR1 (3): Smith Sr., Aiken, Brown
WR2 (3): Perriman, Campanaro, Waller
LT (2): Monroe, Hurst
LG (2): Osemele, Myers
C (2): Zuttah, Jensen
RG (2): Yanda, Urschel
RT (1): Wagner
TE (3)*: Williams, Gillmore, Boyle


Defense (26)
DT/NT/DE (Cool: Williams, Jernigan, Davis, Canty, Tyson, Lewis-Moore, Urban, Guy
OLB1 (3): Suggs, Z. Smith, Darius Allen
OLB2 (2): Dumervil, Upshaw
ILB1 (2): Mosley, Brown
ILB2 (2): Smith, McClellan
CB1(3): Smith, Walker, Melvin
CB2(2): Webb, Jackson
SS (2): Hill, Elam
FS (2): Brooks, Lewis

Special Teams (3)
P (1): Koch
K (1): Tucker
LS (1): Cox

*Pitta starts the year on PUP

So, not very different from yours.

I have Myers making Jah Reid replaceable as I thought he was just a place holder in case they weren't able to get another G or T in the draft. Myers projects solely as a guard in the NFL, but did play at both OT spots in college, so he might be able to handle RT in a pinch (otherwise we have Hurst and Yanda, who can slide out). I don't think the team carried 10 OL on the 53 last year, so I think 9 is probably what we come out of camp with.

I have Rashaan Melvin making it over Anthony Levine. Melvin struggled a bit last season, but he flashed some potential, so I think he will be kept around on the roster as he would almost surely be signed off the practice squad as a 6-2 guy with good athleticism.

The other difference I have is Darius Allen, UDFA, making it over Bilukidi. I think 9 guys for the DL might be a bit much considering Urban and KLM are essentially additions. I could see us going a lot of directions with this roster spot, but I think we could add a bit more in the rush LB spot.

To take this discussion in another direction, where do you guys think there is significant room for another move (most likely a cut from TC)? I would lean toward a CB, but I could also see us bringing in a swing tackle if one becomes available.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 10395
Location: MD
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
As things stand at the moment, I'd be surprised if Melvin wasn't on the final 53. He showed some potential last year, and I expect the Ravens to try to keep six CBs, after what happened last year.

They also seem to really like Steven Means at DE, but I don't see where he might find a spot.


I agree that six CBs is preferable, but I don't see 6 on the roster at this point that definitely make it. I think we would take the 5 I listed above plus a potential pickup from someone else's roster.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 8350
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offense (24)

QB: Joe Flacco - Matt Schaub
RB: Justin Forsett - Lorenzo Taliaferro - Javorius Allen - Terrence Magee
FB: Kyle Juszczyk
WR: Steve Smith - Marlon Brown - Kamar Aiken - Michael Campanaro - Breshad Perriman - Darren Waller
TE: Crockett Gillmore - Maxx Williams - Nick Boyle
OT: Eugene Monroe - Rick Wagner - James Hurst
OG: Kelechi Osemele - Marshal Yanda - John Urschel - Robert Myers
C: Jeremy Zuttah

Defense (26)

DL: Brandon Williams - Timmy Jernigan - Chris Canty - Carl Davis - Lawrence Guy - Kapron Lewis-Moore - Brent Urban
OLB: Terrell Suggs - Courtney Upshaw - Elvis Dumervil - Za'Darius Smith
ILB: Daryl Smith - C.J. Mosley - Arthur Brown - Albert McClellan - Zachary Orr
CB: Jimmy Smith - Lardarius Webb - Asa Jackson - Rashaan Melvin - Tray Walker
S: Will Hill - Kendrick Lewis - Matt Elam - Anthony Levine - Brynden Trawick

Special Teams (3)

K: Justin Tucker
P: Sam Koch
LS: Morgan Cox

IR: Dennis Pitta
PUP: Terrence Brooks

There's going to be a few interesting decisions along the defensive line when the final roster deadline comes. I think they'll keep 10 or 11 secondary players as a precaution given how snakebitten they were last season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BareYourTeeth


Joined: 29 Mar 2009
Posts: 1234
Location: I'm a machine Jerk!
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offense

QB: Joe Flacco, Matt Schaub
RB: Justin Forsett, Lorenzo Taliaferro, Javorius Allen
FB: Kyle Juszczyk
WR: Breshad Perriman, Steve Smith, Darren Waller
WR: Kamar Aiken, Marlon Brown, Michael Campanaro
TE: Maxx Williams, Crockett Gillmore, Nick Boyle
LT: Eugene Monroe, James Hurst
LG: Kelechi Osemele, Robert Myers
C: Jeremy Zuttah
RG: Marshal Yanda, John Urschel
RT: Rick Wagner

Defense

DT: Timmy Jernigan, Kapron Lewis-Moore, Lawrence Guy
NT: Brandon Williams, Carl Davis, DeAngelo Tyson
DE: Chris Canty, Brent Urban
ROLB: Terrell Suggs, Elvis Dumervil
ILB: Daryl Smith, Albert McClellan
ILB: C.J. Mosley, Arthur Brown, Zachary Orr
LOLB: Courtney Upshaw, Za'Darius Smith
RCB: Jimmy Smith, Kyle Arrington, Rashaan Melvin
LCB: Lardarius Webb, Asa Jackson, Tray Walker
FS: Kendrick Lewis, Anthony Levine
SS: Will Hill, Matt Elam

Special Teams

K: Justin Tucker
P: Sam Koch
LS: Morgan Cox

PUP: Terrence Brooks, Dennis Pitta
_________________

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 10395
Location: MD
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:
As things stand at the moment, I'd be surprised if Melvin wasn't on the final 53. He showed some potential last year, and I expect the Ravens to try to keep six CBs, after what happened last year.

They also seem to really like Steven Means at DE, but I don't see where he might find a spot.


I agree that six CBs is preferable, but I don't see 6 on the roster at this point that definitely make it. I think we would take the 5 I listed above plus a potential pickup from someone else's roster.


Well Arrington is the aforementioned pickup. I think we're pretty much locked at:

Smith - Webb - Jackson - Arrington - Melvin - Walker

I would expect Walker to be inactive most gamedays this season, with Arrington and Jackson being slot guys and Melvin being the primary boundary corner backup.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 38677
Location: Hillsboro, OR
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:
As things stand at the moment, I'd be surprised if Melvin wasn't on the final 53. He showed some potential last year, and I expect the Ravens to try to keep six CBs, after what happened last year.

They also seem to really like Steven Means at DE, but I don't see where he might find a spot.


I agree that six CBs is preferable, but I don't see 6 on the roster at this point that definitely make it. I think we would take the 5 I listed above plus a potential pickup from someone else's roster.


Well Arrington is the aforementioned pickup. I think we're pretty much locked at:

Smith - Webb - Jackson - Arrington - Melvin - Walker

I would expect Walker to be inactive most gamedays this season, with Arrington and Jackson being slot guys and Melvin being the primary boundary corner backup.


I don't think Jackson will be ahead of Arrington on the depth chart. We didn't sign him at that price to be a backup for Jackson. Jackson most likely will be the #4 CB and the returner.
_________________
BladeKor wrote:
You could put Bradford under center with Seahawks and win a SB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 10395
Location: MD
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:
As things stand at the moment, I'd be surprised if Melvin wasn't on the final 53. He showed some potential last year, and I expect the Ravens to try to keep six CBs, after what happened last year.

They also seem to really like Steven Means at DE, but I don't see where he might find a spot.


I agree that six CBs is preferable, but I don't see 6 on the roster at this point that definitely make it. I think we would take the 5 I listed above plus a potential pickup from someone else's roster.


Well Arrington is the aforementioned pickup. I think we're pretty much locked at:

Smith - Webb - Jackson - Arrington - Melvin - Walker

I would expect Walker to be inactive most gamedays this season, with Arrington and Jackson being slot guys and Melvin being the primary boundary corner backup.


I don't think Jackson will be ahead of Arrington on the depth chart. We didn't sign him at that price to be a backup for Jackson. Jackson most likely will be the #4 CB and the returner.


That wasn't supposed to be a definitive depth chart. Should have mentioned that.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group