Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fantasy outlook on Ravens players

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McGahee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Fantasy outlook on Ravens players Reply with quote

Hey guys, doing my Fantasy research.

Can you tell me if Ray Rice is worth a late round flier, is he due for a bounceback season? Or is Pierce the go - to guy.

Who is the #1 WR now with Smitty in the fold, and is either worth drafting?

What kind of numbers do you see Pitta putting up?
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it depends on your league for some of these questions, but I think Ray Rice is certainly worth a late round pick if you can get him there, but I think he'll be an absolute steal in the mid-rounds as a post-week 2 #2/3 RB in Fantasy.

Torrey Smith is the #1 WR, but I wouldn't be surprised if Smith Sr. tops him in catches. Of course he's going to have a lower YPC. I would say Torrey is easily your best bet and is a fringe #1 WR in fantasy, but you should be very happy with him as a 2. He started off incredibly hot last season, but tailed off after the midpoint. Again, maybe I'm misinterpreting your question here, or maybe it depends on your league size, but they are both draftable in pretty much all leagues. If I had to guess, I would expect Torrey around 1,200 yards and 8 TD and Smith Sr. around 700 yards and 5 TD.

I like Pitta for 70 catches, 750 Yds, and 7 TD. A slight improvement on his 2012 (should be mentioned that he only "started" 5 games that season for whatever that is worth). He's the clear-cut #1 TE, but I could see Daniels stealing some of his production, still.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm taking Ray Rice in the 6th round(5th if Chris Johnson is gone) in any draft. I can get him there. I think last year was a fluke. He had a hip flexor and the OL was trash. He's healthy. We fixed the OL. And we got a coordinator with a great running scheme. I have no doubt he returns to a high level.

Free Ray Rice
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
I'm taking Ray Rice in the 6th round(5th if Chris Johnson is gone) in any draft. I can get him there. I think last year was a fluke. He had a hip flexor and the OL was trash. He's healthy. We fixed the OL. And we got a coordinator with a great running scheme. I have no doubt he returns to a high level.

He's looked good in limited preseason action. More importantly, the OLine has played well winning a lot of their individual matchups. Things change when defenses start showing more varied looks, but I would always rather see them win their battles than not, even if no true conclusions can be drawn. Another + in Rice's favor is that Kubiak seems to be a big proponent of getting the ball to his RBs. He works in the RBs, TEs and Top WR targets. I think the true "loser" in terms of passing game production will be Marlon Brown. Matt Schaub was a good QB for a while in Houston, but if the OLine can protect him, I don't see why Flacco shouldn't be able to match or even best those numbers. Not saying he will, but he's got far more talent than Schaub ever had.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Fantasy outlook on Ravens players Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:
Hey guys, doing my Fantasy research.

Can you tell me if Ray Rice is worth a late round flier, is he due for a bounceback season? Or is Pierce the go - to guy.

Who is the #1 WR now with Smitty in the fold, and is either worth drafting?

What kind of numbers do you see Pitta putting up?

I think Rice and Pierce are both worth drafting at some point just because of the nature of fantasy football and running backs. Kubiak has hinted strongly thus far that he wants to run the ball and I think they will succeed given the upgrades along the offensive line and a better scheme to work with. Whether Rice or Pierce put up good seasons individually is hard (impossible) to predict but I'd guess they there's a good chance of a split in production. If I had to pick one it would be Rice.

Torrey is the top receiver on the team but I wouldn't draft him as anything as a fringe #2 or a flex guy. Andre Johnson flourished as a top receiver with Kubiak but Torrey obviously isn't on that level and the other receiving options Baltimore has are superior to what was in Houston. Brown is probably the bigger threat than Smitty for fantasy purposes.

Pitta looks to be in a good position to put up numbers. Even though Kubiak runs a ton of two tight end sets the starter has always been the undoubted top target in the receiving game (over the number two tight end) and he's probably going to be the first option in the red zone every time down. Pitta might be one of the safest picks at that position. Other than a potential injury (same as everybody else, it doesn't sound like what he suffered last year will be a problem going forward) I don't really have any concerns about him. Not as high of a ceiling as others but there will be consistent targets and production.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: