Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Aint Ravens Talk: All off topic conversation goes here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
Anyone here that lives near Baltimore or in it that could tell me the expected forecast for Ocean City, MD this weekend?

Headed to the beach this weekend. According to weather.com...I picked a terrible weekend for it Crying or Very sad

http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/USMD0295

That's about all any of us will be able to give you.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
TENINCH

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love how well spoken the Ravens owner is. He's done a great job answering these questions imo.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TENINCH wrote:
Love how well spoken the Ravens owner is. He's done a great job answering these questions imo.

Bisciotti doing what Goodell should've done. Absolutely dominating this press conference, leaving no detail unrevealed and no question unanswered. Love it. Total transparency. Goodell should take notes.
TENINCH

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
TENINCH wrote:

Bisciotti doing what Goodell should've done. Absolutely dominating this press conference, leaving no detail unrevealed and no question unanswered. Love it. Total transparency. Goodell should take notes.

Yep. Excellent job. Every owner and member of the NFL offices should take note. That's how you answer questions at a press conference.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll be interesting to see how many media outlets pause in their moral outrage to actually pay attention to what Bisciotti and the Ravens have said.

Deadspin already made their decision, and chose to mock Steve for being of Italian descent. So... that's not unexpected.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
It'll be interesting to see how many media outlets pause in their moral outrage to actually pay attention to what Bisciotti and the Ravens have said.

Deadspin already made their decision, and chose to mock Steve for being of Italian descent. So... that's not unexpected.

I think many people made up their minds before the interview that the Ravens were all just full of it and now matter what Steve said it wasn't going to change anything.

Case and point, ESPN reporters. They're going HAM on the Ravens right now because ESPN signs their paychecks. They couldn't care less what Steve said.

On the other hand, Jason LaCanfora came away from the presser saying Steve sounded honest and it was obvious about how open and transparent he was.

That's the same sense that I got. Steve answered every question with great detail and didn't just give answers people wanted to hear.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the guys who wrote that ESPN article has tweeted that he won't respond to anything the Ravens say, which doesn't exactly seem like a man secure in what he published.

I do like this bit, from Steve:

Quote:
"If I cut a guy making six million dollars a year, if I'm promising him to be by his side and hire him for a hundred thousand dollars a year, five years from now... if that is considered worthy of him going along, I find that rather absurd, because it would take him two hundred and fifty years to make back the twenty five million that I took from him."

Huh, well when you put it like that, it does seem just a little silly. Imagine that.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want the back and forth to stop. Everyone denying things and then people denying that people are denying things. It's ridiculous.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm done with that story. I've just stopped caring. I did see Steve's comments and he picked apart the ESPN article very well. Brought up all the holes/questionable material in the reporting that I expected.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:

I think many people made up their minds before the interview that the Ravens were all just full of it and now matter what Steve said it wasn't going to change anything.

Case and point, ESPN reporters. They're going HAM on the Ravens right now because ESPN signs their paychecks. They couldn't care less what Steve said.

On the other hand, Jason LaCanfora came away from the presser saying Steve sounded honest and it was obvious about how open and transparent he was.

That's the same sense that I got. Steve answered every question with great detail and didn't just give answers people wanted to hear.

Just to be fair, LaCanfora isn't exactly the most unbiased source either -- he lives in Baltimore.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
dcfields

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It must be that time of year again. Good to see some familiar names back in the forum. Good for ME anyway. Flaccomania, CoordinatorO, BaltimoreTerp, Bare Your Teeth, Mancunian Raven, Don't Taze Me Bro, SnA Exclusive... and of course, no one doesn't like the Bull (db424). This name list looks like the 7th race at Pimlico.

You know who I haven't seen in here in years? Dan FS#7. I think he was from Denmark of something. Nice guy. Hope he's alright. Anybody know what became of him?

Anyway, I'll take my medication and do my utmost to stay on my very best behavior.
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2015 Official Football's Future Bracket Challenge

Just trying to spread the word.

bananabucket wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
For years the argument has been, mostly, Peyton V Joe V Brady as the GOAT QB.

Flacco?
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was just going through some of the old draft threads and came across the 2008 draft thread.. reading some of our comments after Flacco was drafted, in hindsight, is pure gold Laughing So many of us were heated, wanted Brohm instead, and a few of us even said this would be the end of Ozzie Very Happy

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4353515#4353515

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Integrity

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Was just going through some of the old draft threads and came across the 2008 draft thread.. reading some of our comments after Flacco was drafted, in hindsight, is pure gold Laughing So many of us were heated, wanted Brohm instead, and a few of us even said this would be the end of Ozzie Very Happy

LOL! Well here's egg on my face. I seriously doubted the Flacco pick, and even though I didn't post it, I hated the Ray Rice pick. Not because he was a bad player, but because we had just signed McGahee to a huge deal.

However this is also the draft that eventually made me realize the more pissed off and/or confused I am about the pick, the better the players turn out. The two times I remember being completely bewildered by the Ravens' first two picks were 2008 and 1996. I have since learned to trust Ozzie. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Integrity wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:

LOL! Well here's egg on my face. I seriously doubted the Flacco pick, and even though I didn't post it, I hated the Ray Rice pick. Not because he was a bad player, but because we had just signed McGahee to a huge deal.

However this is also the draft that eventually made me realize the more pissed off and/or confused I am about the pick, the better the players turn out. The two times I remember being completely bewildered by the Ravens' first two picks were 2008 and 1996. I have since learned to trust Ozzie. Very Happy

I'm right there with you, I was very much more in favor of Henne over Flacco at the time. I remember reading some statistical analysis of success of 4 year starters at the NFL level and trusted Henne to pan out to be at least average and expected Flacco to bomb. Wasn't a fan of the Rice pick either Laughing

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 30 of 31

Jump to: