Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Aint Ravens Talk: All off topic conversation goes here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Sad But True Reply with quote

dcfields wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
Well, considering I dislike LeBron and don't like the Heat (Lakers fan, Shaq-Kobe thing) I hope you never get to have a sports year like you just had again as well. Razz

Other than that, I have no issue with FSU... I actually sort of like them. FSU seems like it has a stronger academic focus or maybe they just put their athletes to a higher standard..

Why don't you like the King, man? He's a good guy. Go Heat!

It's sad to say (being a FSU alum and all), but FSU is probably regarded as the lowest of the big 3 Florida schools in terms of academic prowess. They are all good schools. UM is an EXCELLENT academic institution specializing in law and cancer research. Private (not state-funded) university. VERY high academic standards. Most of the teachers at Miami dislike the football players because they rarely attend classes. UM is #1 academically. UF gets about $70m/yr. from GatorAde alone, so they buy good professors. UF has the hottest girls too. FSU has a great law program and is one of the leading aerospace institutions in the nation. Nonetheless, considered 3rd in the state. I hate that. #1 IN THE COUNTRY IN FOOTBALL THOUGH! WOO HOO!

Well that's sort of what I was referring to. The football programs, not the schools itself.

Now there's a difference between football 'smarts' and classroom 'smarts', but it still seems like the other programs seem to let their talent skate by more often. I could be completely wrong, it just seems like my perception of the three is Miami being the worst in regards to this. And FSU sort of being the best of the bunch in that regard.

That said, I do think I would be a fan of "The U's" re-emergence more than FSU or Florida. I mean, Ray Lewis being your franchise player and having gone there sort of makes it like "second home" in some respects.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:12 am    Post subject: Re: Sad But True Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:

Now there's a difference between football 'smarts' and classroom 'smarts', but it still seems like the other programs seem to let their talent skate by more often. I could be completely wrong, it just seems like my perception of the three is Miami being the worst in regards to this. And FSU sort of being the best of the bunch in that regard.

That said, I do think I would be a fan of "The U's" re-emergence more than FSU or Florida. I mean, Ray Lewis being your franchise player and having gone there sort of makes it like "second home" in some respects.

I agree with you about "the smarts".

Ray and Ed both went to "The U". And neither one probably went to class. LOL. They got their PhDs in Owings Mills.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if people in Omaha are voting for Manning and the Broncos.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Guys, I need your help.

I'm one of the three Lions Forum Moderators, and recently we have all been informed of the devastating news that one of our best veteran posters, Stylish313, has been diagnosed with terminal cancer around the same time of the birth of his 4th son last month. All of his 4 boys are very young. The cancer started in his stomach, and has spread to his lungs. It's stage 4, and while they had him sedated to try to do what they could, they're waking him up enough so that he can communicate because there's nothing left they can do for him.

You can get a full update on the story and his status in the Lions Forum.

I'm going to visit him in the hospital in a day or two. I'd like to have an opportunity to share with him how much love and support can come out of his FootballsFuture family. Please take a moment out of your day to drop by the Lions forum and share a post that I can read to him while visiting him in the hospital. A kind word, a memory of him on the forum, anything you think that will boost his spirits. It's a rough time for him and his family, and every little show of support will do a lot to boost his morale and give him strength to fight this cancer.

Check out the Stylish313 thread here.

Team Stylish313
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so everyone knows, Stylish313 (Glen) was laid to rest today. His mom sent me a message this morning and said that he looked very peaceful. She felt comfortable knowing that he's no longer in pain.

I'll write up some stuff about Stylish313 sometime soon. We'll have a full time memorial thread stickied at the top of the Lions Forum for him. We'll also add a Stylish313 award to the Lionys (or something similar) that LionsFTW will help me with.

On behalf of the Lions Forum I'd like to thank all of you who have stopped by to support Stylish313, his family, and his fellow Lions Forum posters. Thanks, guys.

Team Stylish313
Go_Ravens2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else catch the travesty that was the officiating in the Duke v Syracuse game tonight? I'm sure there are plenty of other Terps fans in this forum, and this biased officiating is one of the only reasons I'm happy to be getting out of the ACC.

GO RAVENS!!
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_Ravens2 wrote:
Anyone else catch the travesty that was the officiating in the Duke v Syracuse game tonight? I'm sure there are plenty of other Terps fans in this forum, and this biased officiating is one of the only reasons I'm happy to be getting out of the ACC.

I didn't catch it. But these conference shifts are just so wacky for me. It's like changing left to up and down to right... my balance is off and I have no idea where anyone is going. Things just don't make sense to me anymore. I'll need time to adjust to this change.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The refs basically did everything they could to hand Duke the game short of calling the game early and just declaring Duke the winners. ACC refs are some of the worst I've ever seen.

GO RAVENS!!
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need help in a pintch we need 1 more guy for our fantasy baseball draft anyone want in its a yahoo league?

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else here excited for the finale of HIMYM tonight??

I'm going to be so sad to it end. This has been my show for a very long time. I kind of lost touch with it in college (same with Supernatural) when I went to college, but Netflix makes everyones lives easier... and now I'm watching it live.

I wish they'd give the show a two hour series finale... This show was legend... wait for it...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:

I'm going to be so sad to it end. This has been my show for a very long time. I kind of lost touch with it in college (same with Supernatural) when I went to college, but Netflix makes everyones lives easier... and now I'm watching it live.

I wish they'd give the show a two hour series finale... This show was legend... wait for it...

...dary.

I will be sad when it's finished. But like the show says It's not about the destination but the journey itself. They are doing a good job of tying up all the loose ends eg. Slap Bet so I hope the last episode is a fitting finale.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:

I'm turnt up. Hoping they don't go where I think they're going with it.

Free Ray Rice
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcdni wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:

...dary.

I will be sad when it's finished. But like the show says It's not about the destination but the journey itself. They are doing a good job of tying up all the loose ends eg. Slap Bet so I hope the last episode is a fitting finale.

Legendary.. Very Happy

I purposely left that one open for someone else to end it. At least I was hoping someone would anyway. And yeah, I love how they've given us all some backgrounds on characters like Ronjit (sp) in that 2nd to last episode.

I was somewhat disappointed in that final slap... like it happened... and I didn't even realize it, like I saw it, but it didn't register... and then I realized it and was like crap, I almost missed the significance. Laughing

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
I'm turnt up. Hoping they don't go where I think they're going with it.

Hmm... interesting.

I'm not sure how I expect this to end. I kind of think I should watch the very first episode to sort of relive the beginning to this journey... before I watch the last one.

There's only one expectation I have, and it's that the show will end with "... and kids, that's How I Met Your Mother."

Beyond that. I'm not sure what to expect. Is Ted telling the story that is this show because something has happened to the mother? Is future mother sick or dying? Is future Ted just being like present Ted and always telling long drawn out stories? Are his kids asleep or do the kids from the original first season now look like how they look IRL because the story has taken that long to tell?

I suppose that's the only thing I think that's left to tell that I REALLY want to know. I mean, obviously, I want to know HOW Ted met the mother, though we know a good amount about that already.

But we never do learn what inspires him to tell this story in the first place. Maybe a kid is going to college and he's being hyper emotional about it by telling the story of HIMYM... Maybe he's telling it because of a divorce?

This question has been eating at me for the whole of this final season. Before I was so encapsulated by who the Mother could be that, that was the only question I could truly focus on and appreciate. But finding that out, seeing her face... it's made me wonder why this story is being told.

If that question isn't answered, I think I might be a little disappointed.

Either way, I'm hyped and sad to see this thing end. I've never actually seen one of "my shows" end "live" before.

I've had a great number of shows I've loved:
DBZ
Smallville
Naruto (on-going)
How I Met Your Mother
Supernatural (on-going)
LOST (Netflix only)
The Wonder Years (Netflix)
Battlestar Galatica (Netflix)
Jericho (Netflix)

But HIMYM is the only one that I started watching live and will finish watching live (with Netflix from seasons 4-8 ), I was close with DBZ but missed the final few episodes of the Majin Buu saga. Smallville was interrupted by college and never could catch back up afterwards.

So this will be somewhat special. I sort of feel like I did before the Ravens played the Super Bowl quite honestly. I love/loved this show. I suppose it's my Cheers or Friends or something.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(no spoilers involved in this post)

... And I missed it live.

For some reason, I thought it was 9-10pm, not 8-9pm... I was angry that I didn't double check. Fell asleep upset at myself and thought I'd be subject to hearing all the spoilers of it today...

But CBS is oh, so lovely... the show was up online in hours. I just finished watching the final two episodes this morning after awakening.

All questions were answered. The final episode was awesome, it was sad, it was great, it was legendary. It was everything I expected it to be.

There was only one thing that I kind of wanted to see and when the Series set goes on sale (I will definitely buy it), I hope it might be there... I was kind of hoping to see one more Robin Sparkles tape at some point. Laughing Laughing

But make no mistake, this show is my favorite TV show of all time... just because, unlike with LOST, I followed it beginning to end. As Ted and the cast grew older and their story progressed... I also grew older and have experienced changes. So this one was special.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked it except for the last minute or so (basically from when the kids start talking). It certainly wasnt as bad as some people are saying it was.

But it would have been nice to get a bit more detail about what happened to the mother and what happened in Barney's situation.

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 28 of 29

Jump to: