Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Aint Ravens Talk: All off topic conversation goes here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
It's sad to see NFL General take a toll on certain posters. For instance, there's a poster that posts there quite frequently and when they first joined the site, I thought they were one of the more level headed, intelligent posters who was fun to have some debates with.

Now when reading their posts, it's full of emotion, attacks, and flat out ignorance/homerism. They've gotten sucked into what is NFL Gen and unfortunately, that forum has claimed another.

I won't mention the poster's name so as to not break any rules, but it's clear as day to me that they've gotten so wrapped up in trying to defend their viewpoints against the illogical cluster you know what that is NFL Gen that they've essentially gone off the deep end themselves.

I know I quoted this earlier, but I definitely think I know who you're referring to now. I noticed that as well a couple weeks ago, but sort of forgot about it... but just sort of put two and two together.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:
So I was on Facebook the other day and I realized something....is literally EVERYONE friends with ET on there? Laughing

Ha, I am. I comment on his stuff pretty often too.

Haha, yeah, I like a few of his posts every so often. But it's funny when you see some of his friends and you kind of recognize they're probably from FF based on either their name or location and it's like, "that's what that person looks like, huh? Would not have guessed that..." Laughing

Just went creepin and found/added you.. Very Happy

Wow. Stalker much? Wink

I NEED FRIENDS YOU GUYS ARE ALL I HAVE Crying or Very sad

And the chick you always mention on the tweeter Cool

Haha, that's my fiancee.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:

Haha, that's my fiancee.

I know, I'm just giving you a hard time Wink

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
It's sad to see NFL General take a toll on certain posters. For instance, there's a poster that posts there quite frequently and when they first joined the site, I thought they were one of the more level headed, intelligent posters who was fun to have some debates with.

Now when reading their posts, it's full of emotion, attacks, and flat out ignorance/homerism. They've gotten sucked into what is NFL Gen and unfortunately, that forum has claimed another.

I won't mention the poster's name so as to not break any rules, but it's clear as day to me that they've gotten so wrapped up in trying to defend their viewpoints against the illogical cluster you know what that is NFL Gen that they've essentially gone off the deep end themselves.

I know I quoted this earlier, but I definitely think I know who you're referring to now. I noticed that as well a couple weeks ago, but sort of forgot about it... but just sort of put two and two together.

Who is this! We want names damnit! NAMES!

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:

I'll just say it's not me, because they would've never said I went off the deep end. I think most people here assume I started there Crying or Very sad

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:

I'll just say it's not me, because they would've never said I went off the deep end. I think most people here assume I started there Crying or Very sad

Laughing Laughing Laughing

In terms of names, IDK... I'm only guessing ATM... not sure if my guess was correct. I mean, I don't exactly LIVE in NFL General. Heck, I remember up until a few months before I was modded, I had never went outside the Ravens forum except maybe twice... and I'm still not too partial to those outdoorsy places. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that the Christmas season has rolled around and, as you guys know, I don't live on the east coast so naturally Ravens gear/merch is hard to find around these parts.

Is there anything you guys have seen that would make for a good Christmas item like shirts, sweatshirts, etc?

It's for myself, FYI Cool

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Now that the Christmas season has rolled around and, as you guys know, I don't live on the east coast so naturally Ravens gear/merch is hard to find around these parts.

Is there anything you guys have seen that would make for a good Christmas item like shirts, sweatshirts, etc?

You could always treat yourself to some Super Bowl gear. Like a thick coat. Was about to buy one at the start of the season, but decided against it. Other than that, haven't noticed any funny Ravens shirts or anything being worn around town.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

You could always treat yourself to some Super Bowl gear. Like a thick coat. Was about to buy one at the start of the season, but decided against it. Other than that, haven't noticed any funny Ravens shirts or anything being worn around town.

True. I was thinking there might be some sweet Justin Tucker gear that you guys would know of, stuff like that.

Might have to ask for a nice SB sweatshirt tho

Flaccomania

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

In terms of names, IDK... I'm only guessing ATM... not sure if my guess was correct. I mean, I don't exactly LIVE in NFL General. Heck, I remember up until a few months before I was modded, I had never went outside the Ravens forum except maybe twice... and I'm still not too partial to those outdoorsy places. Smile

For the record, DB24 correctly guessed the person.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

True. I was thinking there might be some sweet Justin Tucker gear that you guys would know of, stuff like that.

Might have to ask for a nice SB sweatshirt tho

You can check out these local stores -- they have a lot of novelty type stuff that you can't always find on official sites:

http://poorboys.net/

http://www.thezonesuperstore.com/default.asp

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:16 am    Post subject: Sad But True Reply with quote

I came to a discouraging realization today. That I will probably never see another sports year like I have in the past 12 months. Three of my favorite sports teams won championships. The Ravens, the Miami Heat & the Florida State Seminoles. Maybe the O's are next? The Heat and the Noles have a pretty good chance of repeating but I think the Ravens are still a few key players away from their next ring. Wouldn't it be nice if the draft provided a late round, diamond-in-the-rough like a Shannon Sharpe or Tom Brady? Any position will do. A Hall of Fame center would be nice, no?
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: Sad But True Reply with quote

dcfields wrote:
I came to a discouraging realization today. That I will probably never see another sports year like I have in the past 12 months. Three of my favorite sports teams won championships. The Ravens, the Miami Heat & the Florida State Seminoles. Maybe the O's are next? The Heat and the Noles have a pretty good chance of repeating but I think the Ravens are still a few key players away from their next ring. Wouldn't it be nice if the draft provided a late round, diamond-in-the-rough like a Shannon Sharpe or Tom Brady? Any position will do. A Hall of Fame center would be nice, no?

Well, considering I dislike LeBron and don't like the Heat (Lakers fan, Shaq-Kobe thing) I hope you never get to have a sports year like you just had again as well. Razz

Other than that, I have no issue with FSU... I actually sort of like them. I find them preferable to Florida. Them winning is more refreshing, even though they sort of have the same prospects, but just different schools. I'd say I prefer Miami to get that talent, but probably not, Miami had a lot of divas and idiots come from that program. FSU seems like it has a stronger academic focus or maybe they just put their athletes to a higher standard... or perhaps I just have no idea what I'm talking about (likely).

Anyways, to get back on point. I think the Ravens have as good a chance as most AFC teams next year. I mean we just finished 8-8 in a year with MAJOR turnover and still controlled our destiny down the stretch FTMP.

Now you're giving our front office staff, one of the best in professional sports, extra time and resources to prepare for the draft and a higher selection in each round? With less monumental turnover expected? So I like our chances. Now, I'd continue on listing reasons for improvement, but I suppose that would make this Ravens related. So I'll just stop there before I go off on one of my long tangents- per usual.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Sad But True Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
Well, considering I dislike LeBron and don't like the Heat (Lakers fan, Shaq-Kobe thing) I hope you never get to have a sports year like you just had again as well. :P

Other than that, I have no issue with FSU... I actually sort of like them. FSU seems like it has a stronger academic focus or maybe they just put their athletes to a higher standard..

Why don't you like the King, man? He's a good guy. Go Heat!

It's sad to say (being a FSU alum and all), but FSU is probably regarded as the lowest of the big 3 Florida schools in terms of academic prowess. They are all good schools. UM is an EXCELLENT academic institution specializing in law and cancer research. Private (not state-funded) university. VERY high academic standards. Most of the teachers at Miami dislike the football players because they rarely attend classes. UM is #1 academically. UF gets about $70m/yr. from GatorAde alone, so they buy good professors. UF has the hottest girls too. FSU has a great law program and is one of the leading aerospace institutions in the nation. Nonetheless, considered 3rd in the state. I hate that. #1 IN THE COUNTRY IN FOOTBALL THOUGH! WOO HOO!
dcfields

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

71 catches for 1,046 yards and 8 TDs as a rookie. In only his 2nd playoff game, he pulls in 6 catches for 142 yards and 2 TDs. The 76th overall pick in the 2013 draft. Keenan Allen!

I went back to pages 5 & 6 in the Baltimore forum and everybody and their brother was banging the drum for this guy. Can the Ravens get this lucky this year? Sheesh!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 27 of 30

Jump to: