Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Aint Ravens Talk: All off topic conversation goes here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
DaBoys wrote:
You guys should uh ... get that GDT thread going....

But on another note, your signature has to be removed. First, it was instituted in a sig bet made on this forum. It was only worn by me for a day because of a reneged bet that I was taking the place within.

Webby has outlawed that sig and sigs of that particular example as being inappropriate for these forums. So I'd like to ask that you remove it... it particularly won't be tolerated on this particular forum. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience!

I hate to come in here all "headstrong" but that is a joke. That sig is banned and sigs of that variety are banned? That makes zero sense. Apparently some Ravens fans can't handle a joke… Banned because some people are too thin skinned and can't walk the walk to match the talk. I'll definitely be keeping this in mind in dealings with the Ravens forum. Laughing

Who can't handle a joke here? Ceejay? The kid left. Nobody on our forum complained about anything. The owner of the site decided it went too far and decided that no more sigs like that can be worn. It has nothing to do with our forum, buddy. Settle down.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait what? Ceejay left?

Seriously though. COME BACK CEEJ!

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
drd23

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I assume he did considering he reset the FF competition and hasn't posted since we lost that game in Philly

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
DaBoys

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
Well, I assume he did considering he reset the FF competition and hasn't posted since we lost that game in Philly

The fact that he is gone and you all seem to not like him makes the joke, unfortunately for me, a little less funny TBH.

As far as the sig being sexual(at all)... I don't see it. With the high number of bikini babes in the sigs around here, this one is pedestrian. I'm sure webby only commented on this one in particular, because the 'talks' between the two fan bases were condensing into a pile of expletives. He was only trying to defuse. I am positive that the sig would have been viewed as a normal bet loss sig otherwise. And seeing that the main culprit has turned on his own fan base and left... I don't see it as a problem. I'll keep the sig until Sunday evening. Don't flip out on me, because you can rest assured that you will be 5-1 by 4:00pm Sunday. That's what's important, right? Let us have our only win of the weekend, which is a sig that has nothing to do with the Dallas Cowboys... Yes things are so grim in Dallas that we have to look for wins in this type of format....

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
drd23 wrote:

The fact that he is gone and you all seem to not like him makes the joke, unfortunately for me, a little less funny TBH.

As far as the sig being sexual(at all)... I don't see it. With the high number of bikini babes in the sigs around here, this one is pedestrian. I'm sure webby only commented on this one in particular, because the 'talks' between the two fan bases were condensing into a pile of expletives. He was only trying to defuse. I am positive that the sig would have been viewed as a normal bet loss sig otherwise. And seeing that the main culprit has turned on his own fan base and left... I don't see it as a problem. I'll keep the sig until Sunday evening. Don't flip out on me, because you can rest assured that you will be 5-1 by 4:00pm Sunday. That's what's important, right? Let us have our only win of the weekend, which is a sig that has nothing to do with the Dallas Cowboys... Yes things are so grim in Dallas that we have to look for wins in this type of format....

Check your PM.

EDIT: And I definitely wouldn't say that at all. Ceejay was one of my favorite members on this forum. He was long tenured on this site and while he may have been very boisterous at times, he usually meant well. Obviously we all have our moments.. but he spoke with passion and I find that to be a great quality to have as an individual.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okaaay Okaaay... you guys win.

Won't be the last time this weekend... Crying or Very sad

Iv'e had a lot to eat since I changed sigs IDK if the old one still fits.....

Here goes....

Suck innnnnn...... :-&

Matts4313 wrote:

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Last edited by DaBoys on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
DaBoys

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AHHHHHHHHHH.......

That's better.....

Matts4313 wrote:

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
DaBoys

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens 35
Cowboys 24

Book it

Matts4313 wrote:

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just watching the DHB interview on NFL Network done by Andrea Kramer concerning his concussion... and in the interview he mentions how even though he had such a serious concussion, 'he'd rather take the pain now and worry about the repercussions when he's 50'....

It really made me think of one of the more recent movies in theaters, Looper. I'm not going to give any plot spoilers, but the basic premise revolves around hitmen living in the present time... employed by future contractors that send wanted men back into the past to be eliminated by the "Loopers". Slight spoiler (not really) but in the future Loopers are being hunted down and so eventually they're sent back to their past selves to be killed... and thus the "Looper" in the present "closes his loop"- thus the name- looper. Now... the premise out of the way... these Loopers become so knowing full well the consequences that await them in their future... yet they do it anyway for the payout.

I'm not trying to make any point or anything, but I just find it interesting that NFL players- guys that are considered heroes to many- are nothing more than Loopers, waiting for that inevitable moment when finally that day arrives where the future is now the present... and their loop has come full circle. When life benefited by fame and fortune... now dwindles into a chronically painful existence, one where barely old men live their lives crippled by their past selves.

I'm not going to lie, obviously it's well known some of the effects the NFL has had on past players. And I've even seen some of those past players and it's truly rough. But being able to relate the situations, I find that I'm able to see the NFL predicament in a more cathartic fashion... and really, it's truly saddening.

/rant.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WATS UP RR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
WATS UP RR

¿Qué?

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did Vontaze Burfict have to fail a drug test and show up out of shape for workouts? I feel really good that we would have taken him otherwise. It was just too perfect of fit.

Could have had Upshaw and Burfict in the same class Brick wall

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Why did Vontaze Burfict have to fail a drug test and show up out of shape for workouts? I feel really good that we would have taken him otherwise. It was just too perfect of fit.

He also bombed the 2011 season in comparison to the previous year. So he had a lot of question marks coming out even before he bombed the workouts and drug test. He looked all around like a bad investment... and still might end up as being one. He'll need to play at a high level for more than one year to calm those concerns. Right now I'll still buy that he's playing "pissed off" because he went undrafted and is determined to take that anger out on the league... but when that particular motivation runs dry... I'm wondering which player do we have... Junior year Burfict or Sophomore year Burfict.

That saying, I would've certainly loved to see him with the Ravens as an UDFA... or 7th round pick.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

He also bombed the 2011 season in comparison to the previous year.

I didn't see that. Decline in stats but I didn't see all these knocks everyone kept saying like awful instincts. The not getting off blocks. Meh. ASUs D Line got dominated last year. They were just awful.

I still loved him until the combine. Then the failed drug test just killed it.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reportedly terrible interviews he had at the combine were probably a bigger deterrent for the Ravens than anything else in my opinion. I was a fan until then (his performance at the combine didn't help either) but after that it was time to jump ship. I'm going to wait a bit before I label him as a steal or a guy the Ravens really whiffed on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 16 of 30

Jump to: